Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
FSU R2A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I was scared that my dline would take a major hit but it looks like my conversion of two DEs to DTs panned out pretty well.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UVA is R2A. Looks like a middle of the road team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It's custom conferences time, which means coach points skill tree resets. 24 hrs y'all.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Consider me r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

It's custom conferences time, which means coach points skill tree resets. 24 hrs y'all.
As a head coach not receiving XP, should I try doing a reset? I assume if that fixes the problem, we'd know about it, but just checking.

Otherwise, I'm r2a.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

As a head coach not receiving XP, should I try doing a reset? I assume if that fixes the problem, we'd know about it, but just checking.

Otherwise, I'm r2a.

I don't think anyone has ever attempted to leave and then rejoin during this period. Just know that if you do that (and especially if it doesn't work) you will all of your prestige.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I don't think anyone has ever attempted to leave and then rejoin during this period. Just know that if you do that (and especially if it doesn't work) you will all of your prestige.
I meant just resetting the skill tree for the HC, not leaving and rejoining the dynasty.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I meant just resetting the skill tree for the HC, not leaving and rejoining the dynasty.

That for sure won't work but you're welcome to try. It'd take all of what, 5 secs.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Not resetting anything, r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Otherwise, I'm r2a.

No but your assistants will still be getting XP so if you got new coordinators or something and you wanted to reset their trees (I'm doing this for one of mine), this is the only time to do that.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UVA R2A. Hopefully I get new Assistant Coaches next year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

UVA R2A. Hopefully I get new Assistant Coaches next year.

I think that stage has already passed. Miami landed a level 24ish DC to wreck shop with.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oh are people switching teams?

What teams are available? I wouldn't mind trying in hopes of getting lucky and losing the XP bug. I still fully intend to keep running the triple option though.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sorry, let me clarify:

No one is switching teams (or at least I haven't seen it mentioned yet). I proposed the idea of exiting the dynasty and rejoining during this period of the offseason in hopes of fixing the glitch. It hasn't been done yet so I can't say if it will work or not.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

cletus42o posted:

Oh are people switching teams?

What teams are available? I wouldn't mind trying in hopes of getting lucky and losing the XP bug. I still fully intend to keep running the triple option though.

Since Kancho is gone, Clemson is really well stocked right now

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Sorry, let me clarify:

No one is switching teams (or at least I haven't seen it mentioned yet). I proposed the idea of exiting the dynasty and rejoining during this period of the offseason in hopes of fixing the glitch. It hasn't been done yet so I can't say if it will work or not.
Oh, I could swear when I logged into the dynasty to do the skills reset that it showed two people as having left and re-joined as Northwestern and New Mexico (I think). Maybe it was some weird glitch, I don't see those teams on the website.

I reset my skills at GT. r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

When Z kicked our two inactive players from the dynasty (Kancho and maybe zimbo or makev), it kept their coaches around for some reason so they signed contracts with other teams and thats what it was showing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It was even weirder than that. Their coaches were fired for not meeting expectations. So their virtual coaches were given new schools, it is something I didn't know could happen. So I hope MAkev rejoins and takes over USCe again, but otherwise with the coaching carousel turned on for the dynasty you can lose your job guys.

Capn is my OG internet homeboy so I'm basically holding onto Clemson for him should he find the time again. The only coach who had a chance to jump ship to another ACC school was AF who was offered Louisville. But my policy is to keep folks where they are.

If you quit and want to rejoin I believe that I have reset it to start everyone at lvl 20 as a HC, so at least if you leave you should have some points to play with. It's just not clear to me that it will fix the earning of future points.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If you quit and want to rejoin I believe that I have reset it to start everyone at lvl 20 as a HC, so at least if you leave you should have some points to play with. It's just not clear to me that it will fix the earning of future points.

WTF. I wish I knew this was a possibility in the SEC. All of Georgia's last season was spear-headed by a lvl 1 HC

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

If that's right then yeah, I'd like to do that as GT. I didn't realize you could change that setting once a dynasty had already begun.

John Brown posted:

WTF. I wish I knew this was a possibility in the SEC. All of Georgia's last season was spear-headed by a lvl 1 HC
Well, with it being the final season, it's not like recruiting mattered. Unless you guys put a lot into the Game Management portion before maxing out recruiting?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I forgot that my coach here is lvl 1 as well. I'm giving this a shot

E: Ummm what's the dynasty name and PW? It's not in the OP

John Brown fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 22, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Invites will go out to y'all shortly and that probably means we won't see next season till tomorrow night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus and I are online so I wouldn't say that for sure.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Then on I go to fix that. You're gonna lose your nasty DC i'd think JB maybe.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

S4 Preseason is up and running. I'll craft a new thread tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I lost errthang and it was all for nothin'.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
poo poo yeah this is worse than before haha.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I consider both of those to be minor victories for the wolfpack

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
my preliminary skill rankings for next year:

starters rated 90 OVR or better (excluding P and K)
VT: 18 (10 are WRs or in the secondary)
Miami: 17 (10 on defense)
FSU: 10
UNC: 6 (Quinshad Davis Beast Mode)
GT: 6
NC St: 4 (your best player is your QB, but he only has 86 power and 90 accuracy)
BC: 3
UVa: 2 (fastest HB in the dynasty)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oh how I wish I had that lvl 24 DC :(

E: Funny how this is my best team ever and ZSB still matches me position by position. He and I have some sick DBs and WRs.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Correction, my best player is my sophomore QB. There is not much otherwise...

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
So ZSB, was something not set up right with starting us off at level 20? Is it possible to fix and then re-invite?

edit - Somehow now my HC has even less skills than before. I think he was level 3 when I had first joined (so I at least had a few unlocks and some scouting bonuses), now he's back to level 1. And both my OC/DC are level 1 when they were fairly high before. :(

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 22, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I am pretty sure that the starting coach XP thing does not work at all based on people joining up after the coach XP bugs and poo poo. It just starts you at 1 anyways.

I know that this pretty much the same group that plays in my SEC dynasty, but we're going to be rebooting the dynasty and starting fresh. There are a couple of really great teams available still (Bama and UGA) and I'd really like to get this dynasty running strong again, so please check out the thread if you're interested: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620744&pagenumber=8#post432556086

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm really sorry guys :( I wish there was a way to test this poo poo before implementing it when it really mattered. I continue to rage against EA for their atrocious drop of support on this product.

There was at the first stage of the offseason, where I went into the dynasty settings and adjusted the starting skill points. It does not appear to have taken. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but I really hoped it would help you guys :(

My WRs go 4 deep 90+, my top 3 corners are 90+ and both my safeties are 90+. I would have had a bunch of backups over that as well if I didn't have to cut them due to them being seniors buried on the depth chart with no where to go and nothing to do.

The flip side is my Oline isn't good, and my LBs are basically a hot mess. But my skill positions are good minus TE and FB.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 23, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Are the servers not working for anyone else? Can't tell if it's real or just my lovely internet

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
The servers have been running like crap today. I've been kicked off multiple times just trying to redshirt my players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

New Thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652637

• Locked thread