Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

AfterFather posted:

I had a visit from mom. I'll let you know when I'm available.

No rush man I don't plan on leaving my house the rest of the day. Prb gonna wash my car but that's about the only thing that'll keep me from watching the thread.

e: 9:30-10 CT?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'l be online for the rest of the night... had a hard day laying cement... always fear unannounced visits from mom.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

I'l be online for the rest of the night... had a hard day laying cement... always fear unannounced visits from mom.

I was on, you were away. I'll check back around 11:40 CT.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm back

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hokies do their thing, which is mauling and I'm sure really depressing to play against football. Downs hated UVA 38-10 to cap a third straight undefeated regular season. P plain all things considered, gave up a few big passes, but otherwise didn't allow many conversions, got lots of punts and my obligatory pressure INT. GG man, you'll get your chance to push my poo poo in in the SEC, this squad is just too good.

See you in the title game soon Piper...

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Oh man I hope Northwestern loses. I'd love another crack at your VT squad and I missed FSU in the regular season this year. :saddowns:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I'd love another crack at your VT squad

Haha you know not what you speak of. When the clock expires I promise you, you will not have even come close to competing.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Game keeps crashing on me when I try to start up my game against Georgia, but I should have it in soon.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Man, I am really looking forward to next season. I'm graduating a lot of talent, but I've been recruiting top 10 classes (IIRC) the last couple of seasons, and I'm just excited about my QB right now. Dude is a freshman and so far has thrown for like ~2300 yds for 17TDs/16INTs and rushed for like ~1600 yds with 18 TDs. If I can improve him as a passer, he's just such a nasty runner that I can give somebody fits next season

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I too am in a strong position with my QB, RS Frosh and he's already 89 OVR at the end of this season (I think he's gained +4 or +5 to his OVR score over the season). As anyone that's played me can attest, he can do it all. I think I've got a strong core of players that will let me continue to play offense the way I want with this team.

My defense is going to take a step back in the front 7, losing 2 multiple year LBs, and half my starters on the DL. Secondary will still be strong (provided my top 2 corners don't leave early). I'm bound to lose a regular season game at some point, next year is probably the time. Just want to try and keep my home winning streak alive!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If what you say about your front 7 is true, then I'd be very interested in seeing how my squad will hold up against you. All but one of the positions on my oline will improve next season, and the same goes for my front 7. Couple that with the best safety that I will ever have had in this game and the future looks pretty bright.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Year after next though, gonna be loaded. Still will have my tackle machine MLB for the next 2 years so I don't lose everything solid about my front 7.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If we can get all the games played by Tuesday night, that would leave Wed open for me and piper to play the ACCCG. Otherwise it will need to wait till next week, so if we all want to be slow and have the holiday that's fine by me. I'll be out of town starting Thursday through till next Monday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU is r2a

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
FSU is R2A. I'd prefer to play the ACCCG on Tuesday night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

FSU is R2A. I'd prefer to play the ACCCG on Tuesday night.

Definitely should be possible.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT is r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anyone hear from Wreckus lately? He was just starting to turn things around for BC.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like Wednesday afternoon and evening is now my best time to play the ACCCG.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

Looks like Wednesday afternoon and evening is now my best time to play the ACCCG.

Balls. I was just about to post I can really play anytime after now tonight. Any chance we could get it in this evening?

If not let's shoot for 7 CT tomorrow if that's cool.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 2, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

If I play tonight i'd be playing intoxicated and I don't want that for a game as big as this. Tomorrow at 7pm is good

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

If I play tonight i'd be playing intoxicated and I don't want that for a game as big as this. Tomorrow at 7pm is good

I totally understand tomorrow it is.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If playing intoxicated ever stopped me I would never play

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

Anyone hear from Wreckus lately? He was just starting to turn things around for BC.

Sorry for the absence and no response. Like I said in the SEC, just been really busy. I'd like to continue with BC, I haven't quit on NCAA yet.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry for the absence and no response. Like I said in the SEC, just been really busy. I'd like to continue with BC, I haven't quit on NCAA yet.

All good man, you got a decent draw out of the CPU sims. Welcome back in time for bowl season.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Guys, I'm leaving for Colorado in the morning and I'll be gone until next Tuesday, so either AP or wait for me!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

#mismatch

#hurtfeelings

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami taking all the trophies but the one that matters. No seriously, I won the Walter Camp, Walker, Bilenikoff, Best LB, Returner, and Heisman.

I guess that's my consolation for this season.

E: I may not be able to play my game until Sunday or Monday. I'm moving this weekend and it's gonna be a bitch.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

e: GG Piper, my team is a meat grinder this year. You ran Jaimes a lot and I had some good luck at getting stops on 3rd down around midfield. My QB also ran wild and had a p good game through the air. VT over FSU for its 2nd straight ACC Title 42-7.

Bowl Weeks - Where Sly gets his wish
BCS National Championship Game: #1 VT vs #2 UNC
Chick Fil-A Peach Bowl: #7 FSU vs Auburn
Russell Athletic Bowl: #10 UVA vs Norther Illinois
Belk Bowl: #11 Miami vs Arizona State
Sun Bowl: #4 NC State vs #19 Oregon State
Music City Bowl: Boston College vs Missouri
Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: GT vs UCLA

Obviously our awards/all Americans/stats will follow after bowl season. My team also won many awards. Basically dominated the defensive awards. I am a bit baffled how my LB with 60+ tackles, 5 turnovers, a bunch of TFL and a handful of sacks didn't even get considered for Best LB, felt like a bizzare omission.

e2: And for the 3rd year in a row the NCG is a rematch between 2 ACC Teams.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 3, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I think I've changed my mind. I'll take just a random BCS game against the CPU. Can I decline a bowl invite :gonk:?

Whenever you'd like to go Z just post. My schedule is very hit or miss next week but that's also modified by the 7 hour timezone change so just post what times work for you.

This timezone thing is a lot weirder than anyone tells you. From morning until mid afternoon the internet is dead and I feel like I'm in school pulling an all nighter when no one is online only this time It's bright and sunny outside.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Russell Athletic Bowl: #10 UVA vs Norther Illinois

:negative:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oops spelling mistake.

Also sly yeah I'll post up it's gonna have to be an evening time next week. Get prepared to be shellacked, no one is stopping this team this season.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Hah, I didn't even notice that. I was more disappointed with playing a bowl game against a directional school from Illinois.

UVA beats Northern Illinois 38-0.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Soooo...you know the rest.

Where do we stand with this week's games?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT wins the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl against UCLA, 24-7.

Departing senior QB Lee rushes for all 3 of GT's TDs, each for 80, 44, and 38 yards respectively. 318 yards on the game for him.

I will miss him dearly.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Z,unless you can go at like 2PM or midnight sometime this week it will have to wait until this weekend. I also need to see if the internet will improve. My other game against AF was fine but we have changed hotels and the speed here is awful today.

edit: my ping is fine but speed is just awful. Anyone have a ballpark for the speed needed to make the game playable.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 8, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm without internet until Saturday afternoon/evening.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Z,unless you can go at like 2PM or midnight sometime this week it will have to wait until this weekend. I also need to see if the internet will improve. My other game against AF was fine but we have changed hotels and the speed here is awful today.

edit: my ping is fine but speed is just awful. Anyone have a ballpark for the speed needed to make the game playable.

That's fine man lets shoot for a weekend time that works for you. Saturday/Sunday I'll carve out some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sly just let me know what would be a good time for you and I'll carve it out this weekend. Today or tomorrow doesn't much matter.

• Locked thread