Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
lmbo @ human being goons bitching about student debt

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Oh man, I have a mortgage at 22 and nothing to show for it-goons

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Can people that get public service loan forgiveness join in the laughs? lol @ spending 80,000 on your womyn's studies degree.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Like where you work 10 years and get (only federal) loans forgiven? Lmbo I only worked 4.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
lmao @ poors

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

gleep gloop posted:

Like where you work 10 years and get (only federal) loans forgiven? Lmbo I only worked 4.

Ya. Its pretty cool when you only have federal loans :)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Ya. Its pretty cool when you only have federal loans :)

Yeah well most idiots owe to sallie Mae because $40k a year for butthole statistics is a good idea.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i'd rather suck dick in the army for 4 years than pay my way through college working two jobs and poo poo on top of 18 credit hours per semester, have fun working on your research paper between shifts at wal-mart and mcdonalds gaylords

i literally fall asleep in some of my classes but i set the curve on the last exam, college is so easy as a veteran holy poo poo

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

My high school physics teacher told me to go into the military and then go to college because it'd be insanely easier and cooler if I was a 22 year old freshman instead 18. I should have listened. :smith:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AT LEAST I DONT HAVE BLOOD ON MY HANDS

*eats dog food for dinner*

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Fister Roboto posted:

AT LEAST I DONT HAVE BLOOD ON MY HANDS

*eats dog food for dinner*

The greatest thing is when freshmen are legit scared of you because you are a Marine that has been to ~the sandbox~.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

i set the curve on the last exam, college is so easy as a veteran holy poo poo

Well sure, but it's hardly fair play when you bust into the exam room with your tacticlol Mini 14 and badly applied camo stick and start screaming about "Charlie".

I mean those kids haven't seen things man, they weren't there.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USMC503 posted:

The greatest thing is when freshmen are legit scared of you because you are a Marine that has been to ~the sandbox~.

I had one legit say I had never been in the Marines when I explained to him that I was aviation ordnance because "Marines don't have airplanes" so I gut punched him

I mean had he said "Air Wing is for human being loving POGS" I would have agreed and shook his hand.

Either way I wasn't allowed to play intramural sports after that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i always love the dorks that tell you they thought about joining like that gives them common ground. oh you talked to a recruiter thats so brave dude

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
u were in? thats cool my 2nd cousin was too *tells stupid stories*

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
No matter what job you had people will still ask if u ~killed anyone~

:sicknasty:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the only only thing we all killed was a decent hunk of our twenties

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Helldump Immunity. posted:

it makes me feel bad bc its the one thing i wish i had done but i chose bitch pogdom

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

the only only thing we all killed was a decent hunk of our twenties

:smith::hf::smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not much just a couple dozen brown kids :shrug:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

genderstomper58 posted:

it makes me feel bad bc its the one thing i wish i had done but i chose bitch pogdom

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I should have joined the AF right out of high school. Student load debt sucks :(

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

pkells posted:

I should have joined the AF right out of high school. Student load debt sucks :(

lmao owned human being

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
i have student debt :P

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm sure my boat ran over a few dolphins.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

genderstomper58 posted:

i have student debt :P

are you a poor

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i always love the dorks that tell you they thought about joining like that gives them common ground. oh you talked to a recruiter thats so brave dude

"Oh yeah? My cousin is a Scout sniper and killed like 100 people. He's pretty messed up now."

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

my life isnt very full, but my salary is ok i guess

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

genderstomper58 posted:

it makes me feel bad bc its the one thing i wish i had done but i chose not to be a war criminal

fixed this for me

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
knifehanded the poo poo outta that midterm

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

The best one I've heard was: "Oh, you were Army? That's cool. I was gonna join the Marines, but. . . I got too old. . ."

:vince:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

The Rat posted:

The best one I've heard was: "Oh, you were Army? That's cool. I was gonna join the Marines, but. . . I got too old. . ."

:vince:

I'm not familiar with the USMC requirements but if you turned up and were determined to join despite being old wouldn't they consider exempting you from the age limit?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Devian666 posted:

I'm not familiar with the USMC requirements but if you turned up and were determined to join despite being old wouldn't they consider exempting you from the age limit?

Nah, even during the build up we really only waivered for ASVAB and fatness, The Army seemed to wave for EVERYTHING though

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nah, even during the build up we really only waivered for ASVAB and fatness, The Army seemed to wave for EVERYTHING though

I'm sure I saw a 55 yo woman get an age waiver from the army in a news article. I guess I'm too old at 38 to join and not a citizen or resident.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Devian666 posted:

I'm sure I saw a 55 yo woman get an age waiver from the army in a news article. I guess I'm too old at 38 to join and not a citizen or resident.

Yup. You are doomed to live out the rest of your life lamenting the fact that you couldn't join one of the most retarded militaries on the planet.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

genderstomper58 posted:

my life isnt very full, but my salary is ok i guess

moker u have friends tho :)

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
everyone gettin married and having vapid crotchspawn it sux

like honestly i guess its goony but i literally dont understand why you'd want a kid beyond some weird biological need 2 reproduce or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

genderstomper58 posted:

weird biological need 2 reproduce

thats p much it

• Locked thread