Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Whatever, I'm hype for this. My little girl (4) and me (30) watched this trailer and both lost it at the "It's just a mask" line. She likes TMNT already, and doesn't have childhood nostalgia to ruin. Sounds like a win to me. The Turtles look awesome, except for the nose. I didn't realize how horrible the noses were until someone shopped them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

wtf can we talk about TMNT ffs

I read this whole last page after about 15 minutes of doing my normal "open 10 SA threads in separate tabs" before I realized what the hell was going on.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Scyantific posted:

So TMNT topped this weekend's box office, and apparently a sequel has already been greenlit for 2016.

Good. The movie was fun, plot was classic TMNT (and simple enough for young kids to get), and they had cool looks (sans the nose). Shredder HAD to get amped up to deal with this version of the turtles. Hopefully that bit of leaked mutagen at the end is the excuse to have him in the sequel. It was pretty great hearing all the little kids in the theater react to what was going on screen, my little girl included. There wasn't one second where it didn't feel like a TMNT film. This movie, along with the reactions I've seen here about the leaked Deadpool footage, just proves you can't make grown neck beards happy. Ever. I'm definitely down for more of this version of TMNT. The franchise is cool and sort of reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide in terms of how it keeps being re-told.

Will I see it again in theaters on my own? Nope. Would I if I had a friend/family member ask me? Yeah. Am I going to be mad about potentially having this movie going on in the background every day for the next few months? Not in the slightest. Between this and GOTG which should you watch? That's not fair. GOTG is better than everything.

oh. Transformers 4 was a boring slogfest waste of money. One of the few times I've ever been mad about spending money on a movie at the theater. This movie was fun and I'm glad they are doing as well as they are.

DangerKat posted:

It's also one of the few moments that is built up so when they start doing it, it doesn't come off as completely random like so much else.

I was surprised at how small Leo's role is considering they went out of their way to cast a "name" to voice him.

Did they go out of their way? I some how wouldn't be surprised to find out Knoxville went out of his way to do it.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 11, 2014

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

He taught himself first, then gave them spoonfuls of it so that he always stayed above them. Somewhere in those books he also learned Japanese and decided to start wearing japanese robes and styling his hair to match. Basically he became a japanophile/weeaboo.

This makes me love this so much more now.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

teagone posted:

This movie isn't nearly as bad as its RT score. A lot of bitching and whining going around. As far as TMNT movies go, I'd argue this is the best one. I know that's not really saying much, but man the critics are hitting this movie hard.

Right? And I feel sorry for the director of this film since EVERYONE seems to think it is Bay who directed it. Poor guy. These guys went out of their way to make the grown nerds as happy as possible, worked hand in hand with the franchise's creator, and still get pooped on. It was a good TMNT movie. It isn't a sacred cow ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Dacap posted:

Johnny Knoxville just seems wrong for Leo. He feels like he'd be a better fit for Raphael.

I agree he was an odd choice for Leo, but I honestly felt he would have been better as Donny. Raph? Hell no. You need someone that can overly pissed off emotionally unstable Raph does, and make it not feel forced but like someone that has legit anger issues. Knoxville doesn't give me the impression he can do that convincingly. I still think he would make a good Deadpool though.

• Locked thread