Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think my biggest concern about the movie is that it will be like the Tranformers movies where it's about the human characters reacting to the presence of the Turtles instead of the Turtles being the main characters themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

der juicen posted:

Plus Leo and Donnie sliding down the hell. Who sad "Batters Up" before bowling shell first into the Humvee?

It looked like Donnie said it while swinging Raph into the truck with his staff

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Geeks Of Doom is saying that TMNT might be pushed back as far as Nov/Dec to reshoot up to 1/3 of the film

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

They've just announced some recasting of the voice actors, Johnny Knoxville is replacing Pete Ploznek as Leonardo and Tony Shaloub is replacing Danny Woodburn as Splinter, both Ploznek and Woodburn did the mocap acting.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I'm wondering if Leonardo is the only turtle voice changing because he's the only one who we didn't hear speak in the trailer.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Sef! posted:

So here's an interesting thing to consider regarding Leonardo:

They had originally hired Pete Ploszek to play the part. As with the other three turtles, the idea was to always have four actors do both the mocap and the voicework for the turtles. In theory, it would have been like an Andy Serkis "total performance" character. Now, with the announcement of Knoxville playing the voice, that has significantly changed. So,now we have this up-and-coming actor who was looking to get his big break and A: his physical performance is being overlaid with CGI, and B: as some sort of damage control (maybe?), his voice is being replaced as well.

What I'm saying is it currently sucks to be Pete Ploszek because, for all intents and purposes, he has been completely erased from this film. That is crazy.

Especially because I'm guessing they're keeping the other three actors' voicework because they all got to speak in the trailer

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

OK have they turned down the lips in this spot? Because I don't think I saw any.

Mikey still has them a little, but they're almost completely gone on Raph in the car

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Johnny Knoxville just seems wrong for Leo. He feels like he'd be a better fit for Raphael.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

That leaked script sounds like it could've been an utter train wreck but it sill sounds more interesting than the generic movie we got. At least it embraces the weirdness of the franchise.

• Locked thread