Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
So Shredder and April's father helped create the turtles…. what are the odds that Splinter turns out to be April's father?

Oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
People need to stop getting hung up on Michael Bay and start talking about this is being directed by the dude who helmed goddamn The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Wrath of the Titans, and Battle: LA. Because, honestly, that to me is most indicative to me of what we'll be getting in terms of quality.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

Battle: LA was pretty rad so we should expect a great movie?

Sure, if you feel good with the odds stacked with the other two films I listed.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
So here's an interesting thing to consider regarding Leonardo:

They had originally hired Pete Ploszek to play the part. As with the other three turtles, the idea was to always have four actors do both the mocap and the voicework for the turtles. In theory, it would have been like an Andy Serkis "total performance" character. Now, with the announcement of Knoxville playing the voice, that has significantly changed. So,now we have this up-and-coming actor who was looking to get his big break and A: his physical performance is being overlaid with CGI, and B: as some sort of damage control (maybe?), his voice is being replaced as well.

What I'm saying is it currently sucks to be Pete Ploszek because, for all intents and purposes, he has been completely erased from this film. That is crazy.

• Locked thread