Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hehateme posted:

I should have attached 'City" to that New York. I thought we were dealing with mutated turtles that live in the sewer to hide the fact that they exist. I'm just wondering how and why they'll make that transition to snowy mountain top.

They travel outside the city in the first movie, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I get the feeling anything green and humanoid is always going to look like everything else green and humanoid according to the Internet. Hulk is Shrek is Donatello is Goomba is Lizard.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hypersleep posted:

Eh, TMNT2K14 don't look turtley at all in my opinion, with the exception of the shells.

The reason TMNT2K14 look the way they do is the same reason Bay's Prime was given lips: the people making this film feel like audiences will be able to identify better with more human like turtles -- they'll be able to convey emotion better.

General moviegoing audiences would recoil at actually realistic anthropomorphic turtles:

Really? That model doesn't look horrific. It's perfectly suited for a movie about the Geriatric Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Senf posted:

He looks so hungry. So, so hungry.

It was during the Bloomberg years and they were going to depict a New York that had banned pizza.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is it really one or the other? The strength of Star Wars was that you had Luke and Han (and Chewie and R2, etc.) It's like having Leo and Raph. You might favour one or the other but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And kids don't even "like" shiny things. It's that humans can't help but be sucked in by movement or moving images. When you look longingly at a glittering diamond, or you find it hard to study with even a muted TV off in your peripheral vision, or your baby is entranced by a bauble catching the light, it's all the same thing.

We're just like the T. Rex in Jurassic Park!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wade Wilson posted:

Han never made out with his sister.

Are we sure? Did the EU ever touch on this?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Megan Fox is wrong for April O Neil because she's not black enough

Well they had run out of casting choices after Lionel Richie turned them down.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hey, I just post the jokes, I don't make `em.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'd say Freddy Krueger's influence is felt more than Edward Scissorhands.

I think it looks good. He's a Shredder. He should look like he can shred. Maybe he's excellent at all forms of shredding, like he's a master snowboarder and kick-rear end guitarist.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hypersleep posted:

Also, is it just me or does Raph have duct tape on his shell there?

Well it does make sense for Raph to idolize Red Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wade Wilson posted:

I seem to remember some bizarre SA frontpage article about the anime thing they're talking about, but can't seem to find it... It basically made fun of everything horrible in it, but also talked about how Splinter was basically like the Bayformer's Optimus Prime, constantly talking about killing people and then actually doing it.

Bah! Ninjas killing people. What next, pirates stealing things?

• Locked thread