Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is it me or does the UI look a little different? It might just be the roster with the slot for team ups.

And I didn't know about the highest graphical settings, I'll have to give that a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is it me or does the UI look a little different? It might just be the roster with the slot for team ups.

Yup. The Roster now has a slot for Team Ups, and the Skillbar now has a space between Medkits and HP for Teamups.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
HELP HOW DO I SCARLET WITCH

Moved and updated here

HELP HOW DO I COLOSSUS

This is out of date and isn't being updated. Take it with a grain of salt.

Colossus jumps into a fight, pops his pets if he has them, pops his big gently caress-off AOE powers, spams a spirit dump appropriate to the situation, then punches until he's full on spirit or poo poo is off cooldown. He's straightforward, but blowing up every last motherfucker on the screen in between punches never gets old.

Gear him with Snakeroot Clan for a relic. Good costume core options are two of Strength, Fighting, and a healthpack invuln/invis/25% proc. Get a Gungnir and stop complaining that everyone uses the same Legendary. For blessings, Colossus uses Helas, although Odins are close behind.

For Medallions, Colossus uses the same grab-bag as any melee character. Tombstone is best, with Blob, Kurse, and Kingpin right behind. Magneto is an option if you have serious spirit issues.

For artifacts, his BIS is something like Adv. Metasensory Array, Adv. Crimson Crystal of Cytorrak, Adv. King Fu Training Sequence, and White Suit Jacket. Ziggurat of Kargul is close and has a useful teleport. Superheroic Yukio's Charm and Advanced Circlet of Cytorrak are both close, and Gem of the Kursed or Hand of Doom may overtake one item or another depending on your particular mix of gear. Pym's Shrinking Serum is an option to shore up his terrible spirit, but really needs Spider-Man's dodge % synergy to work.

For Uru crap, obviously you're getting a glove for physical damage. Level up with Seer's Brilliance. At 60, River of Souls is probably your best bet, since it helps with his spirit issues. If you really do have his spirit under control, the cheap DPS runeword is Bone Breaker and the expensive one is Viking Gladiator. Bone Breaker is probably more DPS unless you have his slot 3 unique (Legacy of the Rasputins), because of the strength cap.

gently caress you Cease, I'm not reading all that poo poo below: Okay. I run this build, it works fine.

How to spec Colossus:
  • Maxed:
    • Steel Punch - Your basic, and a pretty good one. Reeling Punch is an option for spirit-heavy builds (pet builds especially), but is a lot less damage. You can drop this to a one-pointer if you have excellent spirit regen but you probably won't.
    • Colossal Punch - Your bosskiller spirit dump. You don't need this for anything short of an actual supervillain, and you won't miss it while leveling.
    • Demolition Stomp - Your AOE spirit dump. It's boring, but it's a lot more effective than Steel Cyclone and Siberian Express, and it applies the vulnerability debuff for you.
    • Metallic Warrior - It's been nerfed, but it's still a ton of damage. Max Osmium Champion instead if you're going for a gimmick pet build, but don't make a gimmick pet build.
  • Pick three of these to max out and put one point in the rest: - Dump any extra points into one of these, too.
    • Osmium Champion. More damage.
    • Titanic Slam - You'll never have to worry about targeting white mobs ever again, even with just one point, but more is more damage over time.
    • Bulwark of Steel - More HP.
    • Pet attacks - Fastball Special does more damage than Bond of Bloodline. You can skip even one point in these if you want, though; they require a lot of spirit to use on cooldown.
  • One-pointers:
    • Osmium Skin - This doesn't scale very well, but one point is still good.
    • Colossal Roar - Titanic Slam only moreso. This also has an irresistible stun attached to it, so it can interrupt annoying effects like Bullseye's and Sauron's TAKE COVER attacks, Juggernaut/Rhino charges, Blob's wind-up ground pound, and phase 3 Doom's ranged attacks.
    • Break the Chains - Standard boring stun-breaker.
    • An aura power - Inspiring Battlecry is a good default choice, although Sustaining Presence can help with spirit issues. More than one point or more than one aura is a waste of points.
    • Heroic Challenge - Strictly optional boring taunt. I don't like this power and don't take it, but if you want a taunt, stick a point here.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 4, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Cease to Hope: I'd argue that, while they start diminishing immediately, CR and BR don't exactly have punishing diminishment until 50% and 37.5%, respectively (3600 rating).

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Okay, I got a few questions about this game.

1) I just started on heroic mode with a friend of mine, and was wondering if higher difficulties affected splinter or rarer loot drop rates at all, and 2) are team ups implemented in game yet, or is the UI stuff the only part that's there?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

JetGrind posted:

Okay, I got a few questions about this game.

1) I just started on heroic mode with a friend of mine, and was wondering if higher difficulties affected splinter or rarer loot drop rates at all, and 2) are team ups implemented in game yet, or is the UI stuff the only part that's there?

No and no.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Toshimo posted:

No and no.

Thanks!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

55 minutes til Boonfest. Get that body ready.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

AFFIXES
Some people swear by only adding affixes to level 1 costumes, for math reasons which aren't entirely clear to me and would require more effort than I am willing to put in to explain. MHC has the rundown. In general, if you're not shooting for an optimal, perfectly-min-maxed costume, you'll never have to worry about it.

Love this post, wish it was around when I started playing! However, I just want to mention their is no benefit to rolling affixes on a level 1 costume (despite being a really wide spread concept), the roll is not truncated to the range of the affix at it's current level. The game keeps more precision hidden away. Check this out if you missed it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=363#post427502935 . Here's the picture that tells the story

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

55 minutes til Boonfest. Get that body ready.

my cloaca is fully dilated

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Today's feats:

Got Squirrel Girl to 60. Was pretty easy actually so I hopped into XDef to get her some non-poo poo gear. By wave 15 she was getting 1-3 shot by stray fire and became immediately useless. The whole time she wasn't very effective actually.

Mind you I'm now trying to build up her gear and still need to respec her, but wow did she just fall off the map at a level 60 instance.

Free hero:

Storm ult token.

Also hit my personally coveted 1750 splinters--as in 10 random boxes. Actually got 3-5 double splinter drops in a second XDef run shortly after too.

No idea when I'll actually use the splinters on random boxes, but at some point I'ma buy a shitload of them. One at a time and no more than one per day or login so I don't end up like that guy on the internet who got like 6 Daredevil tokens in a row.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Damage charts in x-def is the best thing ever.

I don't even have a legendary, a single artifact, a runeword, relic, ring or medallion equipped. Way to go, guys! Especially you, Loki!

Dr. Strange owns, btw.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 28, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Andrigaar posted:

Today's feats:

Also hit my personally coveted 1750 splinters--as in 10 random boxes. Actually got 3-5 double splinter drops in a second XDef run shortly after too.

No idea when I'll actually use the splinters on random boxes, but at some point I'ma buy a shitload of them. One at a time and no more than one per day or login so I don't end up like that guy on the internet who got like 6 Daredevil tokens in a row.

I'm sure you probably know, but the upcoming Team-Up heroes can be bought with splinters, I'd recommend getting at least one of those.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

A.C. posted:

I don't even have a legendary, a single artifact, a runeword, relic, or medallion equipped. Way to go, guys! Especially you, Loki!

Dr. Strange owns, btw.

I'm gonna say it's 50/50 between terrible Loki and pets (or other things) just not counting in the damage meter.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

A.C. posted:

I don't even have a legendary, a single artifact, a runeword, relic, or medallion equipped. Way to go, guys! Especially you, Loki!

Dr. Strange owns, btw.

Did they add this? That's wonderful, I've always hated that there was no way to evaluate yourself in xdef.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That's a fair point, has anyone noticed RRs or Emmas or Lukes being low on the meters?

e: ^^^ yeah, press tab in an x-def and it shows that, now.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
That has replaced the map

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Now people will know how terrible I am in xdef

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Cease, you can add that Darkhold is decent for Dr. Strange as well since his Images of Ikonn function just like Lil' Deadpool with their taunt.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Harlock posted:

Don't worry. We already knew.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Ancient Grove is my favorite cheap runeword. It works on cosmic bosses and pretty much breaks most of them becuase it effects all of their abilities. Cosmic Juggernaut charges slower, cosmic doom's wind up is a joke etc. Some bosses can't even cast their spells because it increases their cast animations.

Maybe the X-Def scoreboards will make pubbies bitch enough that gazillion will stop making GBS threads out new costumes and heroes and actually make it so half their roster isn't useless in the "Endgame"

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 28, 2014

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Harlock posted:

Watching that was how I learned that Ghost Rider, Thing and Squirrel Girl can't seem to do poo poo in XDef.

I did watch an Iron Man and a Scarlet Witch just absolutely wreck everything, one each in the two runs I did earlier; so giant AoE heroes now have a scoreboard of how much better they are at farming it.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm sure you probably know, but the upcoming Team-Up heroes can be bought with splinters, I'd recommend getting at least one of those.

I'm in the camp that was hoping for Diablo2 mercs (always summoned), so I'll keep my ear to the pavement for a while after launch instead of jumping the gun. Really wish this game had persistent summons (Rocket was my first hero) and this just makes that more frustrating.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
RIP server.

e; ahaha, boons rolled back.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I think it's best to say that it's best to roll costume affixes either at 1 or 60, since then you can check the roll range from the compendium. In the middle you can't realty tell is the roll good or not because there's nothing to compare to.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The game keeps locking on me every 5-10 minutes for a brief second

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
shits down yes?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I blame the boon rush.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I find myself playing this more and more (thanks for the Supergroup invite) but I play through Steam and I'm not getting trading cards. Do I need to link my account with my Steam account somewhere or are there no trading cards for this game? For the record, I load the game via Steam

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Madcosby posted:

I find myself playing this more and more (thanks for the Supergroup invite) but I play through Steam and I'm not getting trading cards. Do I need to link my account with my Steam account somewhere or are there no trading cards for this game? For the record, I load the game via Steam

For free to play games with cards, you have to spend real money through steam, $10=1 card.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Madcosby posted:

Cards are for spending cash money, not just play.

randombattle posted:

I blame the boon rush.

That.. happened? I'm still on the roof, there were a bunch of Groot Force members, now there aren't. Never saw it go off.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

HUMAN FISH posted:

I think it's best to say that it's best to roll costume affixes either at 1 or 60, since then you can check the roll range from the compendium. In the middle you can't realty tell is the roll good or not because there's nothing to compare to.

Oh yeah, for sure, this is very true. It's just that the "smaller range" argument is bunk. The game keeps more precision then it displays allowing for smooth scaling along different level ranges.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Cards are for spending cash money, not just play.

That.. happened? I'm still on the roof, there were a bunch of Groot Force members, now there aren't. Never saw it go off.

It happened and then it disconnected and everyone rolled back.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
this is great, thanks davebo

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

There's an announcement about server issues that they're hoping to fix in a few hours.

Maybe another boonfest after that or something? Or did you guys lose both the buffs and the items in the rollback?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

We all grouped up for different boonfests.

ReConquista
Dec 16, 2006

More please, I'm addicted

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Everything is loading so incredibly slowly and I don't know why.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dr Strange leveling build:

I've been leveling exclusively in x-def and watching damage charts. The only heroes I have seen outdamage me with this build are BPs or higher level Doc Stranges. Most players regardless of hero aren't even managing half of my damage (not surprising because pubbies). I have terrible gear/half of my slots are empty.

MAX:
Seven Suns of Cinnibus
Flames of the Faltine
Demons of Denak
Daggers of Daveroth
All-Seeing Eye

1 POINT:
Dreamwalking
Ancient Training
Orb of Agamotto
Seal of the Vishanti

This will leave you with enough points to max one other skill and have some left over. I haven't unlocked Vapors of Valtorr yet but it looks like the obvious choice to max and I will probably put any leftover points in to Seal of the Vishanti

PLAYSTYLE:
Bind Seven Suns, Flames, Demons, and Daggers to ASDF. Roll your fingers across ASDF nonstop. Cast All-Seeing Eye when it's up. Drop Seal if you feel like it.

Have fun carrying pubbies to 16+ wave x-defs.

e: Oh, I forgot to mention, this build is also invincible to anything that's not a one-hit kill because of the absurd amounts of healing Demons drops on you every half-second.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 29, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Cease to Hope: I'd argue that, while they start diminishing immediately, CR and BR don't exactly have punishing diminishment until 50% and 37.5%, respectively (3600 rating).

According to Psylocke's charts, BR has a different curve from CR, and it sucks a lot. I'll take your word for it on CR, and I edited for the next time I update.

Spudsly posted:

However, I just want to mention their is no benefit to rolling affixes on a level 1 costume (despite being a really wide spread concept), the roll is not truncated to the range of the affix at it's current level. The game keeps more precision hidden away. Check this out if you missed it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=363#post427502935 . Here's the picture that tells the story

Eh, it's fine.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Cease, you can add that Darkhold is decent for Dr. Strange as well since his Images of Ikonn function just like Lil' Deadpool with their taunt.

Added for the next time I update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Eh, it's fine.
But it's demonstrably false! I showed my work and everything. The level 1 costume "smaller range" thing is just superstition.

Edit: in fact, it also tells you that rolling at 1 is explicitly worse than rolling at 60 since you see less precision and therefore may end up re-rolling a roll that was only infinitesimally less than a roll you would have kept and would have resulted in the same (or atleast an acceptable) value at 60.

Spudsly fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 29, 2014

• Locked thread