Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grnegsnspm posted:

Stupid Daredevil. Nobody likes you. Go home.

Not true. Daredevil is pretty badass now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

SMP posted:

Just from a personal taste point of view, I'm interested in Thor, Rocket Raccoon and Ghost Rider. From the sounds of the OP though it doesn't sound like they're that great. Nightcrawler sounds pretty sweet though.

Thor and Rocky are unfortunately in the "Handful of subpar" category. From personal experience, I hate Thor, he can't go decent ranged (poor DPS) or melee (poor survivability). I have trash gear on him though, and zero uniques so another goon might correct me on just how bad he is. Rocket is alright, his major problem is his reliance on pets, he has a whole skill tree for them, and Groot in another, and pet damage is atrocious right now. He's still better than Thor in my opinion because he has actual utility in solo/group play. Ghost Rider seems decent enough in general, I just frankly don't care for any of his min/max end game builds. He's mostly average AoE with crappy single target. Not horrible or anything, and I'm sure he could be built to be more serviceable in the areas I complained about, I just can't be bothered too. Night Crawler is beastly end game if you can manage to get his Def up (all his uniques add a LOT of health so you should be reasonably good there), and get a good spirit generator going (Pym's Shrink), and you can run a basic-less AoE build with X-slash for single target (super good skill).

StarkRavingMad posted:

His Cage build is a perfect example to me. I think trying to play Cage in any practical sense without Cage Was Here would drive me loving insane. But if all you care about is Boss TTK it makes perfect sense. It's not just min-maxing, it's min-maxing toward a singular objective that isn't necessarily the most important thing in the game.

Yeah, this is exactly what I am talking about. His only AoE is a maxed Vehicular, which is just loving nuts to me since its on such a long CD. We both use Ziggurets for movement, so I can understand why he wouldn't go Cold Shoulder, but Cage Was Here is doing around 25k, unbuffed, with a knock down effect (you need that sorta thing in comsics). Its not even like I spam it non stop or anything, a quick press to knock everything down once I port in, then a charge up version, mostly for spirit efficiency (no spirit generator on him) will finish off most trash, with a few straggling blues to beat down afterwards, its just so much easier than trying to port from mob to mob and hitting them in tiny melee ranges. Honestly, I think he does the overwhelming amount of his testing on SHIELD dummies these days, it would account for him maxing Heroes Call and stuff like that (and yeah, they do run all over the drat place, doing nothing useful in real game play).

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hmm, 50 relics, 500k or 10 runes. Given my luck I should just ignore the runes just in case it dumps another 10 Birchs on me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Well I had better random hero luck than I'd expected; my freebie hero was a DD token (don't have his Ult unlocked yet), I bought Hawkeye using some spare Gs and got Ghost Rider free and then I bought what will probably be my last random hero box and got Emma. No more pushing my luck, I'll have to save splinters to buy heroes from here on out. I also managed to get a PSS drop halfway through level 54 on Nightcrawler, so that was damned good luck too.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Spudsly posted:

I'm afraid I typed too much.

Okay, that image proves that people who say you should roll at level 1 are wrong and stupid, got it. I can understand that.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/79299/lock-me-up-already?new=1

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

A sneak peek at mr fantastics power set.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Server is going down at 2AM EST for bug fixes and addressing other issues, scheduled to come back up 2 hours later, probably with the Cosmic Crate stuff active.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
Alrighty duders, Strange issue here. I have just recently macroed the Ikoll summon (the taunt one) to a different hotbar (the specific key binds are hotbar up, Ikoll, hotbar down, with millisecond delays between each, so it registers correctly/with lag), it lets me spam it back to back to back, building up Incantation pips at will. This is obviously super fantastic for his signature and for Vapors. My issue is it seems to bug out the on hotbar cooldown and it disappears. It seems to still be keeping the correct cooldown, but I've just been eye balling it, and its a Friday night with nothing going on, so my eyeballing at 2AM might (isn't) all that accurate. Anyone else care to give it a go and report?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unfortunately the game is down now and I can't check, but also unfortunately Mysticism doesn't reduce the cooldown of his Signature :qq:

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

PoultryHammock posted:

Alrighty duders, Strange issue here. I have just recently macroed the Ikoll summon (the taunt one) to a different hotbar (the specific key binds are hotbar up, Ikoll, hotbar down, with millisecond delays between each, so it registers correctly/with lag), it lets me spam it back to back to back, building up Incantation pips at will. This is obviously super fantastic for his signature and for Vapors. My issue is it seems to bug out the on hotbar cooldown and it disappears. It seems to still be keeping the correct cooldown, but I've just been eye balling it, and its a Friday night with nothing going on, so my eyeballing at 2AM might (isn't) all that accurate. Anyone else care to give it a go and report?

There are reports on the official forum of many/(all?) powers not showing cooldown after swapping hotkey bars, but this was just a display bug. That would match up with what you're seeing.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

A.C. posted:

Unfortunately the game is down now and I can't check, but also unfortunately Mysticism doesn't reduce the cooldown of his Signature :qq:

Ah, crap, I coulda sworn it was a reduction to all cooldowns, still, an awesome skill worth maxing. Thanks for the dummy correction

Baby Proof posted:

There are reports on the official forum of many/(all?) powers not showing cooldown after swapping hotkey bars, but this was just a display bug. That would match up with what you're seeing.

OK, I thought this was the case, and with the previous poster's addition it makes sense now why my head counts where off with what was in game (so many CDs off my first hotbar). Eye seemed to still take a minute, while everything else was almost an immediate refresh. Still really good for Vapors prepping, just not the game breaker I thought it was.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I was tooling around on neo-Black Panther and got his Boots of the Coal Tiger, which I was stunned to see give a 99% damage bonus to Movement tagged powers. Immediately respecced from a claw build to an Enervating Slash/Slashing Lunge setup with a point in the PBAoE that applies the energy bleed(I also have an Ebony Blade with +6 to Blade Fighter) to see how effective the double damage is, and it was very solid. In particular, you can zip around super fast to carve up packs of dudes while dropping Snare and Minefield when they come off cooldown. Against single targets, you can zip in, drop AoEs, get stacks up, and Lunge away for big damage without having to spend much time standing still. The ability to stealth up at will and blindside dudes for bonus damage on top of high base damage is also very nice. I don't really care about what's mathematically optimal or whatever, but if you have those boots, it can definitely work.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

PoultryHammock posted:

Ah, crap, I coulda sworn it was a reduction to all cooldowns, still, an awesome skill worth maxing. Thanks for the dummy correction

OK, I thought this was the case, and with the previous poster's addition it makes sense now why my head counts where off with what was in game (so many CDs off my first hotbar). Eye seemed to still take a minute, while everything else was almost an immediate refresh. Still really good for Vapors prepping, just not the game breaker I thought it was.

Yeah when you swap bars you lose the cooldown timers on the icons. You can tell a skill is still cooling down if it's dim/greyed out. Also when swapping you lose namelock on your LMB or RMB skill which is pretty annoying too.

The -15s cooldown from his mysticism pips only works on skills tagged as 'Incantation'.

What really sucks is that All-Seeing Eye is not affected by power duration or summon duration it seems. So you're pretty much stuck having it up 15s and down 45s.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 29, 2014

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

I was tooling around on neo-Black Panther and got his Boots of the Coal Tiger, which I was stunned to see give a 99% damage bonus to Movement tagged powers. Immediately respecced from a claw build to an Enervating Slash/Slashing Lunge setup with a point in the PBAoE that applies the energy bleed(I also have an Ebony Blade with +6 to Blade Fighter) to see how effective the double damage is, and it was very solid. In particular, you can zip around super fast to carve up packs of dudes while dropping Snare and Minefield when they come off cooldown. Against single targets, you can zip in, drop AoEs, get stacks up, and Lunge away for big damage without having to spend much time standing still. The ability to stealth up at will and blindside dudes for bonus damage on top of high base damage is also very nice. I don't really care about what's mathematically optimal or whatever, but if you have those boots, it can definitely work.

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear his Coal Tiger unique is still a game changer (only one of his I have), haven't played him on test, or on live yet. He wasn't a super fiend even with the boots before the review, but I used to have a lot of fun with his Slashing Lunge, Vibranium Mine(bomb? whatever the AoE/movement skill was), and his general AoE snare. I was kinda assuming he would play like Ms Marvel does currently, as in big hit and run tactics that keep you safe while still churning out the DPS.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Yeah when you swap bars you lose the cooldown timers on the icons. You can tell a skill is still cooling down if it's dim/greyed out. Also when swapping you lose namelock on your LMB or RMB skill which is pretty annoying too.

The -15s cooldown from his mysticism pips only works on skills tagged as 'Incantation'.

What really sucks is that All-Seeing Eye is not affected by power duration or summon duration it seems. So you're pretty much stuck having it up 15s and down 45s.

Huh, thats kinda weird, though not all that surprising...I figured Eye would gain benefits from +summoning duration gear (not that I'd stack it really) since its in his summoning tree. Still, Vapors is worth prepping up for, it hits almost the whole screen.

PoultryHammock fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 29, 2014

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

PoultryHammock posted:

Yeah, EVERYONE should take a Tasker build with a grain of salt. He's super min/max, and gives no shits about wiping and his revised Cable build after the review (with next to no survivability gearing/speccing)
Not disputing this but I checked a couple days ago for what people do with Cable since he's fallen out of love with psychokinetic repulsion, and Tasker seems to like Guardian Aura now over bold for some reason. It feels like it doesn't do jack poo poo to help Cable survive if he stops moving for more than one second, even outside terminals and poo poo, but that's kind of the standard imperceptibility of how useful defense is nowadays.

Gilok posted:

Yeah, I heard about HarryTasker being some kind of genius badass at this game and then looked up one of his builds once, and after trying it figured out that he's an incredible dps sperg and most people should ignore him and probably actively shame him because holy poo poo if Gaz listens to this guy ever the game will be unplayable. I think he's one of their "whitelist" guys if they're still doing that, in which case that might explain why their numbers are so bad.
I dunno, feel free to take some advice from his build recommendations for what they are but when doing so just take the aforementioned grain of salt and remember tidbits like him saying Ms. Marvel is borderline overpowered with a way too good ultimate, and him considering that Iron Fist should eventually get nerfed because he's "too good" a pet for Luke Cage, and in his words nerfing Iron Fist is easier than boosting his other ally summons.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
For people who give a poo poo about Red Hulk, I made a thread in the Hulk subforum (where it will never get read by a dev) pointing out reasons why Red Hulk should be a character, and not an enhanced Hulk costume.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/79335/red-hulk-deserves-to-be-a-character-not-a-costume-pictures?new=1

Lend your support if you care.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
How're you gonna list Gboon as an officer, when he's on like twice a year, but forget me?!

C'mon, Kelp!

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

E-Tap posted:

Not disputing this but I checked a couple days ago for what people do with Cable since he's fallen out of love with psychokinetic repulsion, and Tasker seems to like Guardian Aura now over bold for some reason. It feels like it doesn't do jack poo poo to help Cable survive if he stops moving for more than one second, even outside terminals and poo poo, but that's kind of the standard imperceptibility of how useful defense is nowadays.
I dunno, feel free to take some advice from his build recommendations for what they are but when doing so just take the aforementioned grain of salt and remember tidbits like him saying Ms. Marvel is borderline overpowered with a way too good ultimate, and him considering that Iron Fist should eventually get nerfed because he's "too good" a pet for Luke Cage, and in his words nerfing Iron Fist is easier than boosting his other ally summons.

I absolutely agree, actually most of our disagreements center around gearing (the aura is worth it for the ranged deflection alone) when it comes to Cable. He still insists on going full DPS with gearing, while I understand fully that if you have a HoD, GotK, and a well rolled Meta, you are going to slot those because the gains are too good to pass up.Its really nit picky, but he insists on slotting a Zigg for the finale slot, where as I REALLY insist on an ASSS (over a 2K health gain, plus other bonuses). Not to mention rolling a couple a +health rolls on his costume (wherever you think they would do the most good as far as TTK/TTL). He really REALLY likes playing with zero assumed errors on his run (gives him "juicier crits"), so that's my general contention with him, not to say he's a bad guy, or a total sperg (he's actually pretty social for a hardcore ARPG math nerd). He just doesn't seemed to get gearing around assumed errors/lag.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any Punisher tips? All his passives look amazing (1.3K damage rating vs. scared enemies, 40% chance to fear on death?) but I don't really know which to max and which to leave. He also looks like he'll only have like 5 active abilities.

e: does the fear effect on Punish the Guilty apply to bosses?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 29, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

nickhimself posted:

How're you gonna list Gboon as an officer, when he's on like twice a year, but forget me?!

C'mon, Kelp!

I don't think he listed any of the new officers. I'm not on there either.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Its in the OP but dont forget about the IRC channel #marvelheroes on synIRC we've got around 30 goons in the channel at any one time and could always use more!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

StashAugustine posted:

Any Punisher tips? All his passives look amazing (1.3K damage rating vs. scared enemies, 40% chance to fear on death?) but I don't really know which to max and which to leave. He also looks like he'll only have like 5 active abilities.

e: does the fear effect on Punish the Guilty apply to bosses?

Punisher is currently a broken Hero and not in the good way.

Punisher is a Hero who excels at the following:
- AoE Damage
- Sustained Damage

And falls behind on:
- Single Target Damage
- Survivability
- Spirit/Health Sustainability

And is flat out missing:
- Burst Damage
- Group Buffs
- CC Break

The design pitfalls on Punisher include:
- Split damage typing: Energy/Physical
- Too many niche bombs
- Unneccessary Melee tree filled with passives
- Redundant basics
- Lack of Attack Speed scaling (none of his spirit spenders scale on it, except Explosive Rocket)
- CC Focused abilities (where enemies have CC immunities)

Given all that, here's your proper level 60 build:
http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/punisher#v2vK2vMvK272M2KvK2vK/223.51.34.195.187.10.12.13.95.198

Gem of the Kursed should be on there over Pluvian Superconductor, but Marvel Base doesn't have it.

The long and short of it is to keep up Chemical Mine (since it's significant DPSC even though it's Energy and doesn't benefit from Strength/ACCoC), while just pounding in with Explosive Rocket until you bottom out on Spirit, then Shotgun Blast while you regen. Proximity Mine is only for keeping Vulnerability up on Bosses.

You'll want the following additional gear:
Slot 1: Sword Gun w/Hail
Slot 2: Mechanical Arms of Doc Ock w/Cattle
Slot 3: The Whole 9 Yards w/Cattle
Slot 4: Hand Assasin Ninja Tabi w/Cattle
Slot 5: Davy Crockett Nuclear Device w/Hail
Legendary: Gungnir
Runeword: Bowazon
Blessings: Hela
Ring: AreaDR/RangedDR/CritDR/Health
Insignia: O' Grady or Elektra w/AreaDR/Health
Costume Affixes: CritDR

Synergies:
Cable
Wolverine
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
Luke Cage
Hulk
Storm
Human Torch
Loki
Colossus

Punisher's not in a good place right now, but you'll cruise through most Cosmics and meaningfully contribute to X-Def, so you're at least middle of the pack. After you've got a decent Slot 1, 3, and 5, you are better off farming everything else on a top tier Hero, though, to save yourself the time.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 29, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

- Lack of Attack Speed scaling (none of his spirit spenders scale on it at all)

I thought Rate of Fire attacks benefit from it, like Explosive Rocket.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cease to Hope posted:

I thought Rate of Fire attacks benefit from it, like Explosive Rocket.

Whoops. Copied an old version. Fixed.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Punisher is currently a broken Hero and not in the good way.

Punisher is a Hero who excels at the following:
- AoE Damage
- Sustained Damage

And falls behind on:
- Single Target Damage
- Survivability
- Spirit/Health Sustainability

And is flat out missing:
- Burst Damage
- Group Buffs
- CC Break

The design pitfalls on Punisher include:
- Split damage typing: Energy/Physical
- Too many niche bombs
- Unneccessary Melee tree filled with passives
- Redundant basics
- Lack of Attack Speed scaling (none of his spirit spenders scale on it at all)
- CC Focused abilities (where enemies have CC immunities)

Given all that, here's your proper level 60 build:
http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/punisher#v2vK2vMvK272M2KvK2vK/223.51.34.195.187.10.12.13.95.198

Gem of the Kursed should be on there over Pluvian Superconductor, but Marvel Base doesn't have it.

The long and short of it is to keep up Chemical Mine (since it's significant DPSC even though it's Energy and doesn't benefit from Strength/ACCoC), while just pounding in with Explosive Rocket until you bottom out on Spirit, then Shotgun Blast while you regen. Proximity Mine is only for keeping Vulnerability up on Bosses.

You'll want the following additional gear:
Slot 1: Sword Gun w/Hail
Slot 2: Mechanical Arms of Doc Ock w/Cattle
Slot 3: The Whole 9 Yards w/Cattle
Slot 4: Hand Assasin Ninja Tabi w/Cattle
Slot 5: Davy Crockett Nuclear Device w/Hail
Legendary: Gungnir
Runeword: Bowazon
Blessings: Hela
Ring: AreaDR/RangedDR/CritDR/Health
Insignia: O' Grady or Elektra w/AreaDR/Health
Costume Affixes: CritDR

Synergies:
Cable
Wolverine
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
Luke Cage
Hulk
Storm
Human Torch
Loki
Colossus

Punisher's not in a good place right now, but you'll cruise through most Cosmics and meaningfully contribute to X-Def, so you're at least middle of the pack. After you've got a decent Slot 1, 3, and 5, you are better off farming everything else on a top tier Hero, though, to save yourself the time.

Ha, I was about to write up a generic reply, but then realized Toshimo would be here soon enough to give an actual run down on the character. And holy poo poo dude, you where running like 50% crit/ 40% brut last time I checked. Is he really all that bad end game? I've got him at sixty, but haven't pushed him through Xdef yet, is he really not worth the effort?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Whoops. Copied an old version. Fixed.

With that in mind, is AMA going to do more for you than HOD? I don't know how close to the skill cap Punisher runs with his uniques, or how much ASpd he has on his uniques already.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PoultryHammock posted:

Ha, I was about to write up a generic reply, but then realized Toshimo would be here soon enough to give an actual run down on the character. And holy poo poo dude, you where running like 50% crit/ 40% brut last time I checked. Is he really all that bad end game? I've got him at sixty, but haven't pushed him through Xdef yet, is he really not worth the effort?

With perfect gear, you'll be able to hold down RMB for rockets for about 25 seconds before running dry. You'll only interrupt that to refresh Chemical Mine and Proximity Mine. Then you are stuck spamming basics for 30 seconds. You don't have anything else to do. The rockets will cap out around 160k on brutals (~60% crit chance, ~50% brutal chance) and hit your main target twice. The rockets are only going to be 1.0 ASpd though, so rather slow. Those 25 seconds were just barely enough to kill the old boss dummy. You won't be able to kill the new dummy without bottoming out on spirit, most likely. Also, even with perfect gear, you'll barely scrape up to 15k HP and you'll instapop to everything because you have no defense. You can trade in some damage for survivability (runeword, slot 2), but you are already on thin ice for damage effectiveness, and still you'll just pop every time you get CC'ed because you have no CC break. He badly needs a rework that addresses his spirit issues, moves him away from the fear-based model (since it's completely unreliable), and puts some kick back into his spirit spenders.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I wonder if they could change it so fear/taunt/stun always works for full time for purposes of your abilities regardless of enemy CC immunity.

rhinohelix
Aug 19, 2007

Fun Shoe
Couldn't they just un-nerf him back to where he was in Nov, restoring the huge cut to Rocket Launcher and make low-health builds viable again? He was my first 60 and hella-fun at the time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cease to Hope posted:

With that in mind, is AMA going to do more for you than HOD? I don't know how close to the skill cap Punisher runs with his uniques, or how much ASpd he has on his uniques already.

His only unique with ASpd actually has negative ASpd. But adding ASpd hardly helps when he cannot keep his spirit up to actually take advantage of it, his non-rocket abilities (Chem Mine, Prox Mine, and Lock and Load) are unaffected, and he spends a significant portion of the time rolling around since he can't take a hit (or risk being CC'ed).

His +powers totals will be +17/+5/+11 from just Uniques/Medallion/Ring.

StashAugustine posted:

I wonder if they could change it so fear/taunt/stun always works for full time for purposes of your abilities regardless of enemy CC immunity.

Loki already has this implemented, I believe.

rhinohelix posted:

Couldn't they just un-nerf him back to where he was in Nov, restoring the huge cut to Rocket Launcher and make low-health builds viable again? He was my first 60 and hella-fun at the time.

Rockets were probably a little too good in a vacuum, but they propped up his kit since he had nothing else.

Also, his Pain Tolerance is now worse than both Moon Knight and Ghost Rider's versions.

If they wanted to quick, band-aid fix him, they could just do this:
* +50% Rocket damage
* Change spirit restore on Fear to spirit restore on Brutal
* Make Lock and Load or Combat Roll break CC
* Copy either GR or MK's version of Pain Tolerance

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 29, 2014

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Toshimo posted:

His only unique with ASpd actually has negative ASpd. But adding ASpd hardly helps when he cannot keep his spirit up to actually take advantage of it, his non-rocket abilities (Chem Mine, Prox Mine, and Lock and Load) are unaffected, and he spends a significant portion of the time rolling around since he can't take a hit (or risk being CC'ed).

His +powers totals will be +17/+5/+11 from just Uniques/Medallion/Ring.

Loki already has this implemented, I believe.

Rockets were probably a little too good in a vacuum, but they propped up his kit since he had nothing else.

Also, his Pain Tolerance is now worse than both Moon Knight and Ghost Rider's versions.

If they wanted to quick, band-aid fix him, they could just do this:
* +50% Rocket damage
* Change spirit restore on Fear to spirit restore on Brutal
* Make Lock and Load or Combat Roll break CC
* Copy either GR or MK's version of Pain Tolerance

Yeah, the no CC break and naturally low Def/health were my breaking points with him during leveling, shame those carry on to end game, and with the nerfed dmg mitigation rate on health loss I figured he'd be compensated with super cool offensive uniques or something (the Gaz bandaid in general). This is pretty crappy news, I was planning on gearing him out after some BP fun since GR just doesn't click with me, and MK has crappy AoE, so I figured I could really stress test the "health loss=more dmg mitigation" mechanic with Punisher.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PoultryHammock posted:

Yeah, the no CC break and naturally low Def/health were my breaking points with him during leveling, shame those carry on to end game, and with the nerfed dmg mitigation rate on health loss I figured he'd be compensated with super cool offensive uniques or something (the Gaz bandaid in general). This is pretty crappy news, I was planning on gearing him out after some BP fun since GR just doesn't click with me, and MK has crappy AoE, so I figured I could really stress test the "health loss=more dmg mitigation" mechanic with Punisher.

Make no mistake, I like Punisher and I'd like to play him every day, but they effectively took the 6th most effective Hero (out of 28? at the time) and gutted his 2 strongest abilities with nothing to compensate. There was no chance he'd stay in the top half. He's not Thor or Thing, but I find I make better use of my time farming with a fun A-list Hero and hoping to pass an O'Grady/HoD/GotK back to Punisher in 6 months when he finally gets reviewed.

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Cow inventory hogs are in, how'd you all do on the cosmic medals? Got a blob one, boring as hell. Decided to buy a bunch of heroes tonight and get a few double up chances. Picked up Jean, Luke, and Squirrel Lass, got myself a free Nightcrawler and Loki, plus a cool rear end RR ultimate upgrade for the almighty bossbuster turret. Happy that I got some cool videogame junk but sad that I just spent a bunch of money on superheroes.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Make no mistake, I like Punisher and I'd like to play him every day, but they effectively took the 6th most effective Hero (out of 28? at the time) and gutted his 2 strongest abilities with nothing to compensate. There was no chance he'd stay in the top half. He's not Thor or Thing, but I find I make better use of my time farming with a fun A-list Hero and hoping to pass an O'Grady/HoD/GotK back to Punisher in 6 months when he finally gets reviewed.

Oh, certainly, I have a few pet favorites myself. I was just hoping to take a solid AoE hero into efficient cosmic runs that had the health loss mechanic. MK is serviceable, like how you describe Punisher, but his AoE is just subpar, so its boss rush or bust. And the bosses in cosmics are the most tedious part of the whole process. GR just feels like a pre-52 character in play to me, he's super clunky in my opinion (and holy poo poo, why have they not buffed his signature yet?).

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Whitefire posted:

Cow inventory hogs are in, how'd you all do on the cosmic medals? Got a blob one, boring as hell. Decided to buy a bunch of heroes tonight and get a few double up chances. Picked up Jean, Luke, and Squirrel Lass, got myself a free Nightcrawler and Loki, plus a cool rear end RR ultimate upgrade for the almighty bossbuster turret. Happy that I got some cool videogame junk but sad that I just spent a bunch of money on superheroes.

Man, you made a serious haul if you didn't pay full price for those heroes. Jean, Cage, Loki and NC are top tier, and Squirrel girl is kind of an acquired taste, as far as as pet management, but she's still pretty good.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Toshimo posted:

I really miss Frank the Tank. I found a very well rolled Eidolon Warwear for him back when it wasn't raining uniques and he was unkillable except to extreme spike damage / one-shot abilities. He was my favorite hero. RIP.

e: I take back what I said about Dr. Strange, he's actually pretty fun in X-Defense once you figure out the lazy/faceroll build.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Here's the Doctor Strange build I've been using with good results:

Uru:
Lunar (if you don't have a Pym Shrinking)
Bowazon (if you DO have a Pym Shrinking)

Artifacts:
Hand of Doom
Power Prism Shard
Pym Shrinking Serum
Advanced Metasensory Array

If you don't have an HoD, Pluvian Superconductor should be used.

Here it is in action, during Wave 11 pubbie X-Def:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgQ-0k1n5k

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 29, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

Here's the Doctor Strange build I've been using with good results:

Uru:
Lunar (if you don't have a Pym Shrinking)
Bowazon (if you DO have a Pym Shrinking)

Artifacts:
Hand of Doom
Power Prism Shard
Pym Shrinking Serum
Advanced Metasensory Array

If you don't have an HoD, Pluvian Superconductor should be used.

I thought you preferred icy tentacles over vapors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I did before, though I'm constantly using retcons and trying new things out. Right now, I'm liking vapors and its longer cd doesn't seem to be an issues with so many other incantations popping off. It has good damage over time, but I'm still probably going to move back to Icy Tendrils since it's a fast hit with a good slow proc.

• Locked thread