Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That means if you use Gs to buy a hero it lets you get a second one too? Nice.

Once I have a huge stack of boons tonight, can I freely swap between heroes and keep all the boons or will it mess them up and/or only apply to the hero I'm on when I get said boons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Wow, it's a 1.9gb patch? Guess I'll be missing the boonfest, poo poo.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

DrManiac posted:

So is dr.strange worth it? I might try him or nightcrawler since it's a bogo weekend.

Dr. Strange is a dick and isn't participating in the BOGO deal so keep that in mind. Details are here.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

There's an announcement about server issues that they're hoping to fix in a few hours.

Maybe another boonfest after that or something? Or did you guys lose both the buffs and the items in the rollback?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

EGSunBro posted:

So after the 40 or so hours it took me to get my first hero of Black Widow to 60 and the 20 or so for Rocket Raccoon I was pretty ready to drop this game since I kinda hated both those heroes. Rocket got fun after BFG and Groot but it wasn't really enough for me. With all the boosts and stuff I figured I'd play one more character for a bit and picked the Storm I was sitting on for a bit.

Holy poo poo guys Storm. Freezing Tempest just blowing everything up forever while I poo poo out damage with Ball Lightning and the Column. Got her to 60 in about 8 hours, was stupidly fun. I can't wait to actually do level 60 stuff with her, I might even prestige. Everyone needs Storm.

Yep I'm so so glad I used my splinters on Storm after getting bored with Colossus at 25. SW is pretty fun too, whereas Loki and Human Torch felt so weak and slow. Iron Man started off slow but once you get One-Off and the shield regen passive to fuel your spirit he picks up nicely.

I only wanted to level these guys for synergies for Storm but I might just run XDef on SW forever because I don't think Bewildering Hex + Chaos Warp will ever get old.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

WarLocke posted:

My Storm is 32 now and this is still the case. I basically only ever have to actually attack blues/yellows/bosses. And for them you can poo poo out Ball Lightning like crazy.

If Freezing Tempest ever stops one-shotting mooks I guess I could get Crushing Hail, but CH does physical damage where everything else I use is energy, it would kind of muddle my damage profile...

At 60 you'll start running into things that take a few seconds for Freezing Tempest to kill by itself, and you'll also be facing stuff that can hurt you pretty badly if you just stand there and take it. CH is sweet because at max rank it has -95% attack/move speed to everything it hits, and a fairly long duration as well. The damage is pretty good but not as high as Lightning Storm or Ball Lightning, but the slow makes a huge difference.

If you can stack Area Damage, that will cover every spell you use with Storm. Energy is still really good though since such a large portion of your overall damage will benefit from it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Does anyone know if chests check your rif/sif when you open them, or when they spawn? I'm wondering if it's worth carrying a set of gear to swap to when I kill off the end boss of a cosmic and pop the chests.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

If you need level 50 urus just ask, I have an entire tab full at this point

I've played for just over a week and also have a tab full of uru forgeds, half are 25 and half are 50. Granted I put a lot of hours in to take advantage of the reaper bonus but they're still very common.

I asked last page but it wasn't answered- How does RIF/SIF work with chests? Should I swap into a RIF gear set before opening cosmic chests or will that not do anything? I know those stats have pretty minor impacts but it can't hurt (unless you believe the marvel forums which have numerous theories about stacking rif/sif actually hurting your drops...)

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I ran around with a RIF of like 400% on Saturday doing the boosted content and wasn't flooded with uniques or anything so I know that in practical purposes, an extra 50% RIF or whatever isn't going to make a huge difference, but if it's just a matter of right-clicking a few items in my inventory before opening the 3 chests at the end of a cosmic, I figure why not? With the 20 extra inventory spaces and another 30 when team-ups go live I can spare the space.

I asked this on the marvel board too and it's just derailed into the expected "RIF does nothing or maybe it even makes drops worse" stuff so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I do think that I'll log cosmic chest drops just for the heck of it though. Supposedly item drops are a multi roll process, where each item tries to roll from white to green, then to blue, then epic, etc. and it seems like increasing your RIF and then comparing the number of green/blue/epic/cosmic/unique items should show something. It's just that most people concentrate solely on uniques and they are such a tiny drop percentage that trying to eyeball it doesn't accomplish anything.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

DrOgreface posted:

PSA: The Easter Basket includes a unique, so for best results open it with a lvl 60 toon with a minimum number of 60 uniques already.

Apparently it can contain more than one, plus a few epics/cosmics, so RIF might impact it?

I'm driving home after being on vacation for a week, hopefully I can update the game and log in tonight to get it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

drat I'd love to see another Shield Holo-Sim boost paired up with all the other events. I averaged a unique every 45 minutes by farming Venom, and I still need some any-hero uniques pretty badly so I'd farm the hell out of that again. Something tells me it won't be anywhere near the top 10 most requested though.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The confirmation of an upcoming nerf/fix to Bewildering Hex makes me want to consider maining someone else, but then again if I stop being super lazy and use the leeching AOE and some other poo poo besides just Bewilder+Chaos warp I'm sure SW is still really powerful, especially with buffed relics and costume cores and all the other goodies in this patch.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I wasn't playing when Aussie Day was a thing, did it just make Pyro drop extra loot or what? And was it for all versions of him (XDef, Midtown, HoloSim, Story) or just one in particular?

A buffed Pyro drop that stacks with the rotating Don't Fear the Reaper drop buffs might be pretty amazing.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 22, 2014

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

PoultryHammock posted:

He's really not a massive standout as far as damage is concerned, he's just a REALLY easy to play character end game. He goes invisible, with a teleport, that ALSO summons poo poo to tank for you, all on the same button. He isn't going to ever clear anything quickly, but you can rest assured he will clear it in zero deaths (same is pretty true of Ms. Marvel, Colossus, etc). Honestly, once you build up a decent artifact/blessing/legendary pool you'll find WAY better characters to slot all that stuff on (cuz they can stay alive AND dish out the damage). I'm not looking down on these sorts of characters in the slightest, its great Gaz has re-tooled a lot of them to be viable/excel in a few key areas, its just that there are a half dozen or so that don't have ANY downsides to them if you gear/build them correctly, and its honestly kinda hard not to give them all your best crap.

I was under the impression that between his sig, permafrost spikes and toggle/passives, his clear speed was better than most, although I haven't seen much about his sustained single target damage for bosses. Is this not the case?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I doubt they'll reduce drop rates of green/blue/purple trash stuff. One of the big concepts of arpg loot is that having a desirable item drop has more of an impact if you see mounds of bad items most of the time. I don't really buy into that but Blizzard and various other companies have all said the same thing when people ask for a reduction in trash loot drops. Hopefully we eventually get a filter that we can tweak at some point down the line.

As far as RIF goes, the impact it had on number of greens vs blues/purples seems noticeable, not so much with uniques though.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 7, 2014

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I don't get why people are saying Pet Duration is worthless for SG; having >100% uptime on SSF is pretty baller and it looks like we could be getting to the point of ~50% uptime for 2x SSF which would be pretty substantial.

Pet based SG is pretty powerful now and I really wanted to play her but it's too much micromanaging for me. Having to mash Sic 'em! every 4 seconds and SFriends every 6 on top of various attacks just wasn't that fun. It'd be great if they changed the way SFriends works and/or extend the buff duration of Sic 'em.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Just put Death From the Trees on your bar somewhere. Even as a one-point wonder it generates squirrels like crazy. I don't even use the active part of Squirrel Friends anymore because 10 seconds into a fight I'm full on squirrels.

It seemed like this was the case in terminals but in XDef for whatever reason I still needed to spam SFriends and even then I rarely filled the bar.

I switched to Loki anyway and have been having more fun with a frost build. Maybe I'll try a pet build on him if I ever get enough marks for a trident.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Ajax posted:

Has there been any further info about the Midtown event next week?

Like what? We know bosses have boosted exp/loot like they did during Don't Fear the Reaper, they will be able to drop the ARMOR drive currency items that are in this current event, and they also can drop the rare boss-specific items that their terminal versions do. That's all I've seen so far.

Oh also, some sort of midtown-only new items but no idea exactly what that means.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I haven't really done any trading in this game yet but I'm sure some goons have done plenty. I'm looking for a decent cosmic ring since I've had awful luck farming one. How many blessings would a cosmic ring with health and crit or mental/area/ranged damage be worth?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

PoultryHammock posted:

Health+crit are two of the most in demand, mostly because crit is good on anyone, and the health roll actually goes pretty high (unlike dodge/def). The price goes up the more offensive stats that are on it. I wouldn't pay more than a blessing for a medium-high +health/+crit (I'd offer up some mid-tier runes first though), with no other offensive stats. The price is going to go up from there, with I THINK 5-6 being what a 3 offensive stat+health would go for (I'm talking over 900 on health, over 140 for crit/brut, with a good on roll on a specific DR, or a good crit damage roll). The value on these is steadily going down though, since you can unslot them with a Matrix, so mediocre/good rolls aren't leaving the game.

Alright this is super helpful, thank you. My Loki will be at nearly 40% crit once my legendary gains one more level, so I'm fine with a ring with health and a damage stat or two rather than crit. I just didn't have any idea of even a ballpark value for something like that so this was just what I needed.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Adv Wicked Wand artifact was stealth nerfed in the patch, decreased damage rating on them. Guess I'll try to get one of the rare valuable artifacts after all.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

PoultryHammock posted:

Yeah, everyone needs to come drink the Grape Ape Aid, I'm at around 120% uniques per run at this point (after figuring this poo poo out and popping every RiF I had). Its nuts.

So a unique every 7 minutes or so? What's your RIF at and how many runs have you done?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Very nice, maybe I'll finally get a Darkhold or Doc Ock Arms.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

His point was that AOE isn't of paramount importance for running the instance. It helps because it keeps the doras safer but as long as you babysit one at each event you're fine, and whether you slaughter all the attackers or not you have to spend the same amount of time there. And the apeman fight itself really favors high single target dps because of how much health he has.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Has anyone had an uru-forged drop in the apeman level? I've run it around 30 times with 150ish RIF and haven't seen a single one. That's fine with me but it does seem odd and is another example of the loot tables in this game not working correctly.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

TARGETS IDENTIFIED. MUTANTS. SURRENDER OR DIE.

For reals, that unique sounds really cool and way, way, WAY more interesting than the ARMOR uniques we just got, especially since sentinels are apparently getting two new attacks as well. Also allows you to field an army of sentinels with the Trask helmet.

Yeah about those new sentinel attacks... When you have 2 sentinel enemies on screen and they both fire their auto-target homing missiles that hit for like 10k each on characters with medium/high defenses, you will curse Gaz.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Where are the Danger Chip artifacts from? Event vendor?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I actually just got a physical one from a mega sentinel in XDef so I guess it's just a drop.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Between having a few illusions as distractions just from porting around, the AOE dot with 4 second root, permafrost spikes freezing/slowing almost everything, and cold snap being a big heal on such a short cd, I've never really felt the need for even more defensive utility on Loki. I just wish his sustained single target dps was a bit better outside of his sig. It's fine though given his massive AOE dps and survivability.

Then again I like only using 3-4 abilities, but if you're someone who wants even more buttons to push then by all means toss a point in some of his pet stuff.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

What's the deal with cosmic chests? Better shots at rings now?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Excited for the skill consolidation and increased number of points for my Loki. Should pick up a bunch of defensive stats maxing Jotun Blood instead of it being a one-pointer, plus the base/total damage changes mean his single target dps with Winter's Breath should be substantially higher.

I'm not sure if it'll be worth trying to gear for >40 levels of Unyielding Power or Permafrost Spikes or whatever. With 4 or 5 different damage skills being used regularly I think it'll be best to stick with a nice slot one unique like Darkhold or Dragonfang.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

If I could afford better than my potato, sure. I'm not 100% certain how much of the problem is computer and how much is internet connection though. Living in a rural area, I've already got the best internet I can get.

You're right, of course, the content just isn't for me. I just hope there aren't raid only drops like costumes and stuff that I'm shut out of due to my underpowered potato.

Can I ask what kind of hardware would run everything at max/lots of players with no slowdown? I've seen some crazy smooth videos, but I'm not sure what hardware they had.

I live in a rural area and have poo poo DSL that peaks at about 150kbps download (yes that is correct). My computer is around 4 years old, built it for around a grand back then.

MM used to lag the gently caress out of me with everything set to minimum. Then last week I saw people talking about how poorly optimized this game is, and how settings on high can actually result in better performance. I gave it a shot, just hit the "High" option on the graphics options page, and disabled other players particle effects but left everything else untouched. I can now play MM smoothly and the game looks so so much better too. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I went with crit rating on my Loki costume since I'm only at like 35% crit even with that, it seems like CDR would be bad if I only had like 20% crit.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I need a Vibranium ore with LoH and Ranged/Phys damage. For the 3rd I'd LOVE Health but I don't care too much really. I'll trade pretty well for this so hit me up.

I thought all cores now have one of RIF/SIF/Credits and then two other affixes, no?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I know the rate of omega point gains will probably change, but it's currently 10 points for leveling from 1 to 60. Does anyone know how much exp that ends up being per omega point? It seems like if you're doing LQs or whatever at level 60, you'd actually gain points relatively quickly. I know there are nodes with costs of like 2500 points and stuff like that but I could see people playing at level 60 with decent exp synergies getting 5k points within a couple months even without being a king poopsocker.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zeike posted:

Doomsaw said that a hero from the new art will be released tomorrow.

He also just posted that the new omega cap is 7500, not 5000.

There are ongoing vote threads he's making and posting spoilers as rewards in the general MH forum.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

He never actually said it was a new playable hero, just that one of the characters in the image is tomorrow's surprise. So maybe a team-up?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

It seems like +1 All Powers is worth like 250-300ish Damage Rating currently. Does anyone know if that will change significantly with the altered power scaling in the patch? Trying to finalize my artifacts and I'm hesitant to do that until I know how they'll stack up after tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes. The ~250 DR estimate is based on 1 skill point = +5% damage (because 200 DR = +5% damage). Since one skill point is now worth +10% damage, the value of +1 skill has doubled 400 DR.

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll be hanging on to my AMeta and Adv Agamatto then.

Oh and also, Ryolnir just said that Omega points are a static exp value, so grinding at 60 will acquire them substantially faster than leveling/prestiging.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 3, 2014

• Locked thread