Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a solid plan on the best way to level? I've finished my first time through with Scarlet Witch and I'm now 35 or so doing legendaries and midtown and it seems like a real slog. Then the thought of doing that with every character (of which I ONLY have The Thing, who was just poo poo upon here as being an unfun mess of pre-review) as well as grinding character unlocks and prestiging and, and, and... I know this is a long-game game and you play it to play it, but it seems awfully grindy for very little end-game or reward. Is there a recommended path to play for maximum whatever?

That said, I am having an absolute blast at this game and I'm sorely tempted to drop money on it for storage and maybe a hero ($10-20 for one character though? Ouch) but I'd like to see if there's a recommended way to get the most out of it or at least start with a base and make my own path from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^ Yeah, I must have been remembering back to launch when I swear heroes were $20 or so. Now the highest seems to be about $14, which is still a bit much but more reasonable. Lots of $5 though, which is nice.

What's a good and quick way to grind my crafter? People in game said once you have infinite moneys to just buy certain items and feed the crafters that, like iron buddies once you prestige. That makes it sound like you won't have a level 20 crafter until you have multiple 60's.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have been. I've been donating almost every single item I've picked up barring artifacts. I'm 38 on my first hero and he's still only 9.1 or something like that. Am I expecting it to go faster than it actually does or am I actually going slow?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Can someone give me an explanation and history of The Bad Maths? From what very little I know it sounds like when you hit a certain prestige level your XP drastically cuts due to a misplaced decimal or something. Is this not the first instance of The Bad Maths? What have they hosed up previously?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm assuming as an April fool's joke come to life there's literally no reason to ever do this except because you can. So far prestiging seems to be about bragging rights anyway, so this would be no different.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a limit to supergroup members? If not I'll probably try and join up this evening for all those benefits it offers. If there is I won't take a slot from someone else.

Aside from easier goon access and playing with friends do super groups have any REAL functionality or planned functionality?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
He doesn't really play, he just zooms by in the background.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh God help me. I'm thinking of dropping the money on Squirrel Girl, Rocket, Spidey, and his loving bag costume tonight. No. NOOOOOO!!! :stonk:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

Spider-man owns. :spidey:

Don't get Squirrel Girl yet though.
Actually you might want to hold off on Rocket as well.

Why should I hold off? I assume because they're pre-review but they both look like funsies, even if most people hate pet classes. I suppose I can buy them with shards down the line, especially if I'm waiting for the reviews. The only "rush" on Spidey is that loving costume. That loving costume.... gently caress that costume...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress that frost giant charge. They start charging and I can't find anywhere on the screen that doesn't just root me in place attacking either them (50% of the screen) or all the loving elves around them (40% of the screen). It OHKO's me every loving time because I can't get away from it. Even trying to use SW's flight ability it takes half a second to get up off the ground, which is long enough to get me killed.

Meanwhile: I've /w'd the entire list on the OP and no one's been online for an invite. :smith:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

WarLocke posted:

^^^: Don't use Scarlet Witch's 'flight' power, use her teleport. I keep a teleport/roll/dash/whatever power (every character gets at least one) on RMB with everyone for just those types of situations. And a lot of them do knockdown or stun so you can just charge THROUGH the giant and knock him out of his own charge windup.

I'll do that then. I've been using flight since it's a good travel power but it's not a good "gently caress!" power.

Cease to Hope posted:

I'll be on later. What name should I watch for?

I'll likely be offline. I'm turning in shortly, but it's same as here with no underscore. I'll probably try the CTS tomorrow, but I hate to be that classless gently caress who pops in for an invite and leaves immediately after. :v:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress. I have one, but I'm not in the SG and my SW is only 42. Someone powerlevel me!

Ha, remember when that was a thing in MMO's/Diablo? :allears:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't be the only one wanting a Ben Edlund crossover. Having a negative intellect score and the "IGNORE ME!" ult would be pretty great.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I know I just missed a BOGO but how often do they do those? If it's something like once a month it'll be easier to not buy the heroes I want tonight.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Gives me time to rush from 42 to 60.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Well if this isn't the greatest comic ever written.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wooow. Even if Gaz is reputed to miss dates it's nice to see that letter/post after coming from games where updates and such have nebulous dating or there's no communication at all. Very solid, "Done by this time!" numbers there. Fancy. It's cool how they don't just say they're working on new content and then go silent for months.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I lack the willpower not to join in on these using G's. Count me in.

Also: Got two fortune card drops in midtown this weekend that was beyond awesome I want more.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Source this quote, I refuse to get so drat excited only to be crushed with disappointment.

Probably looks similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVAjv2ZM0w&t=4m50s

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The gently caress are "infinity points?"

Also, I'm super beyond thrilled with my Squirrel Girl purchase and I haven't even done anything yet. Just browsing the power trees is both hilariously goofy and :3:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Paragon Levels

I thought paragon levels were, "You hit 60/70 and there are no more levels, have nonexistent levels." But we have prestiging so how do these work out? As long as you stay at 60 you get them? Are they account-wide stat buffs like in D3? Is there and official announcement / forum topic on this? I like the idea of having more things to thing. This game has hooked me. gently caress this game. God damnit.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The gently caress is a Pym's?

Also, obviously you'll get more hits than kills, but people make it sound like on kill items have a separate drawback to them like missing procs or something.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ You're an rear end in a top hat who just cost me $5. Howard The Duck? I'm in.

BTW: When's he hitting MH?

davebo posted:

I'd love a co-op relaxed marvel game but why does everything have to be Lego nowadays? Can't studios just share assets and plug 3d models into different engines at this point? Give me Lego Marvel with the Marvel Heroes assets and I'll buy two $5 copies and run through with a friend. I'd love another Ultimate Alliance game once it went on sale.

LEGO games are local only. Immersions.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only tip I've seen for Wolverine in this thread is to make him smaller.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, the dude with super sharp claws isn't supposed to be causing bleeds? Or is this a build?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

No official announcement but we have some indications from our datamining Russian friends.

Doomsaw said her flight power is her hovering on a force field disc.

Ha, bubble spray. Either Trailer Park Boys or Finding Nemo comes to mind.

Bloodly posted:

A costume that does that as her invisibility effect.

But wouldn't that be tricky to pull off and look anywhere near decent?

Actually no, it shouldn't be. That thick outline you see around objects/characters in a bajillion other games would probably work well with some tweaking. It looks like when something is selected or moused-over in many things they just duplicate a larger version of the model over it and flip the normals to make it look like an odd outline thing.

The first example that sprang to mind was Silent Storm, though literally dozens of game use this outlining technique (or visually similar if I have the process wrong) nowadays.

Then it's just some programming to make it dashed.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

What's the pubbie's username so I can disagree with all his postings too.

It's... Right in the post you quoted?

Meanwhile: gently caress their bad math, they have bad spelling. The launcher splash has "gaziiiion" on it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

PoultryHammock posted:

This is good ol' fashioned goon fun

Since when is goon fun based on drinking the delicious salty tears of other people?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How can you tell what slot, other than seeing which slot highlights/item compares?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What's Marvel Heroes' endgame in terms of villains? Obviously I'm bad at comics, but we've beaten Doom and Loki already, we're about to beat Surtur. How many more villains are there before we've beaten the biggest and baddest and there's no more room to escalate who we're fighting?

Alternatively: What's your dream list of the next villains we fight in order?

e: What's going on this weekend that everyone wants players for? This is doing TEN THINGS AT ONCE(!), Survivarium is doing a limited 24-hour beta, Red Orchestra 2 is having a free weekend, and I've seen a few others that are trying to have all the players this weekend. Is there something big going down in the world of gaming? The only thing I know of is Dark Souls II comes out Friday on PC and since I'm going to own it I can just play it next weekend.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^^ Same Steam name?

Okay so I was way wrong. Mojoworld would be neat and we already have some of the X-Babies, what with wolferine.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My idea for BOGO is to make a list of characters I want to buy and start cheapest to most expensive, in hopes the random box saves me nine bucks. Does this seem reasonable or am I bad at maths/economics?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Why is Death From The Trees commonly abbreviated DFFT on the last page?

Also: Are the SG review items live today? I've been holding off on playing her because they weren't out yet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thread BOGO Thing Count:

2, and climbing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Free random heroes and costumes in addition to BIG TEN? gently caress you Gaz, I'll starve this weekend for sure. This is the best thing among other things ever! But not THE Thing, he's still lovely.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Bloodly posted:

The third I agree on. The first two I don't. There's very little excitement on gear, nor is there much fun in abilities, especially given with many heroes you're waiting ever so long just to get them.

Gear maybe not, but abilities are loving great. You must be playing the wrong characters.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Speaking of codes, "FASTBALL" was just added. Another Irdusiursmdf bar.

Any official word on us not getting our fortune cards?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wish this was a sixty dollar game. I have spent twice that in the past seven days. Fuckdamn.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For the Marvel digital comics:

Are those buy and own forever or is it a limited rental situation?

Is there a subscription I can purchase that's basically 'read whatever comic you want as long as you pay us'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

There's Marvel Unlimited, which is 10 bucks a month to read whatever you want, but it runs 6 months behind what's currently being released. There's also comixology, where you can buy individual issues on the same day they're released on stands, and you own them forever.

If I buy one on the Marvel official digital comic site is it NOT mine to keep forever? I'm just renting it? Or can I go back years later and re-read it?

• Locked thread