Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm still kind of bummed Taskmaster doesn't (apparently? don't own him) outright steal powers from other heroes, I guess that would have been way too much work to make sure every animation worked with him, esp. since i guess he was a quick filler character.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Sue Storm don't got poo poo for good costumes

It's not a huge costume change, but I'd dig a quick 'n cheap costume of her with cape and rad invisagauntlet:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zombie Samurai posted:

Has there even been a Marvel game where you DON'T end up punching Galactus in the finale?

I think M:UA has you punching Galactus at some point, but the finale is still fighting Doom? (could be wrong about the order here)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

The Hood is just that well written.

The annoying thing is that "guy with a cloak that lets him teleport anywhere" is already enough to make some interesting stories without also going ".....that is also an acrobatic badass crime boss who shoots magic bullets"

It just screams of "I couldn't think of anything interesting to do with a weak normaly guy that can warp anywhere, so I made him Skinny Kingpin"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If we're going to fantasize about bit-characters like Howard the Duck being added, I'm going to go ahead and say I'd dig a ROM The Spaceknight team-up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of emma costumes, I made dis post in the emma frost costume suggestion thread, feel free to like it or whatever, or make a way better post in favor of it. I was too busy shoving pizza in my face to bother putting too much thought into it.

Aphrodite posted:

Emma's default costume is regular clothing, you shut-ins.
Default costume is alright, but its just kind of, eh, to me. Not very interesting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

My only friend is the sea

wheres the Namor gaz

i'd be fine with all the rear end floss costumes in the world if we get a Namor with proper giant crotch bulge scaled speedo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jiro Kage posted:

They won't give me a BOGO character after asking, since I accidentally bought it the wrong way =[

My own fault, I was just hoping they would give me a mulligan on this after only playing 2 days at the time and making the mistake! I'll probably still grab some G and pick up a character I liked to get another one or two free, depending on how many I can get. Any idea why I got 250G in my account for free?

You get that (once) naturally, its basically an incentive for you to put some money into the game (at least $5) since 250g won't get you anything useful by itself.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 2, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It was pointed out on Mumble that the Armor Emma is wearing in these panels would be an ideal costume

http://i.imgur.com/KyK6REy.jpg

And yes, she's inside Wolverines head.

Why do all the nice Emma outfits show up when she's all up in someones head

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jedit posted:

The woman in armour is not Emma, though, it's Spiral.

What? Obviously it's been a very long time since I last read a mainstream comic book, but last I checked spiral was a white haired evil lady with multiple arms, like so:

Man, first i learn that OG Toxin no longer exists, now this, my whole world has been turned upside down

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
To be honest, I kind of like the Jean is straight up "run into dudes as angry fire bird to kill them", she's not a super complex acrobatic character, and she doesn't need to be, and since most dudes are way better at single target damage (i.e the majority of the story, and half the X-Def waves) she's not outright overpowered compared to SW or Storm (or what they used to be before this patch, I guess). It's nice to have a simple "i'm an angry fire bird, dieeeee" character to fall back on.

Non-angry firebird Jean could use some love though, as well as actually letting you see her costume when birded up.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 7, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Yes. Is that a no-go?

MHeroes eats memory like crazy, Before I got 64bit installed it would crash regularly while playing, and eventually the game became unplayable once I got to Mutant Town.

so yeah, no-go

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They occasionally do a BOGO sale where every hero purchase comes with a free random hero box (and every costume purchase comes with a free random costume box, as well), which makes the prices a bit easier to swallow.

You can also occasionally find marvel heroes Nvidia codes for 8-12 dollars, and those give 2600 ($25) G's, just note that you can only use a code once per account.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not sure why you're so shocked that it's going to be the default; it's the costume everyone recognizes Psylocke by (could have said the same thing for loki's classic, but a movie with bishi loki had literally just came out).

Kelp Plankton posted:

Post too big.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 10, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
as meh as I am about Psylocke in general, costume included, I will say thats a pretty great model (from what's visible), official forum posters simply will never be pleased no matter what she looks like.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

How is Iron Man? I've almost got Hulk to 60 (my first) and I'm thinking of levelling a ranged hero with whom I can farm cosmics, and I'm trying to decide between IM, Squirrel Girl and Taskmaster. I see lots of posts about SQ and tasky but not much about IM.

Consensus seems to be that Iron Man is really overpowered/incredibly strong, and in a fun way that encourages plenty of different builds. This is just from listening to other goons though so for all I know they could have been super sarcastic or something.

He also has the most costumes out of any hero, so plenty of dressup options available (you want Hulkbuster, though)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
besides the obvious ones, the dudes that stand out most to me are Onslaught, Silver Samurai, and Mar-Vell (i think).

I hope the omega system is something substantial, because Silver Samurai is awesome.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

Yeah GR has a lot of cool costumes, it's disappointing they decided to waste an enhanced one on GR + tits. But it seems like regular hero + tits seems to sell well to all the creepers so they keep pumping out.

What? Most/all of the enhanced genderswap costumes have been more conservative than a decent number of the dedicated female heroes, and they've been based on actual comic characters, often with the same powers so you can't just make a new splinter hero out of them. Seems kind of condescending to call them "those creepy tit costumes"

also Alejandra looks awesome as hell, who wouldn't want to play as this:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sion posted:

okay but how about not one of the 5 characters i don't own

Luke Cage's brother, Steve Cell

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think loot drops are rather unsustainable right now (for the reason mentioned earlier of feeling like you "won" the game since you have all the options you've been grinding forever for), but I think it really depends on how much stuff they plan on adding with raids. It probably won't be an entire games worth of uniques, but it could be enough that they dont mind making the current stuff easier for a week or so.

also i really loving want a streamsword god drat you gaz!!!!!!!!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Toshimo posted:

A lot of that is that people don't have the time to explore 30+ heroes in-depth to identify good builds, especially when respecs are limited and tooltips often present little to no valuable info.

you get 3 respecs per character (and those respecs aren't locked to the character you got them on)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hellioning posted:

As someone who has always wanted to be a wall in a video game, this sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

Did somebody say, brick wall?

One day i WILL find a dang streamsword :argh:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

Those crying about Wolverines damage will be happy to know Impale is back, costs like 400 fury to do a crap-load of damage.

Who cares about that when there's Berzerker Barrage's and Drill Claw's to be had?!??!?!?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pyronic posted:

No UMvC3 traps.

videogame hitler

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
TARGETS IDENTIFIED. MUTANTS. SURRENDER OR DIE.

For reals, that unique sounds really cool and way, way, WAY more interesting than the ARMOR uniques we just got, especially since sentinels are apparently getting two new attacks as well. Also allows you to field an army of sentinels with the Trask helmet.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Greywords posted:

Hate to break it to you, but they're both slot 5's. :(

woops.

Seems pretty dumb to have two uniques that do a similar thing/summon the same pet occupy the same slot, but whatever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

So what's Star Lord's deal? Should I be excited about him coming out eventually?

He's got a cool helmet.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:allears:

I'm not sure why Gaz have failed to understand that making a single power scale off completely different stats than literally every other power in a character's kit is going to result in no one using the power. It is not very hard to grasp, as a concept.

It would probably work if all the heroes that have a pitiful number of pet skills had huge base damages on said skills (enough to justify foregoing damage rating for pet duration/health/damage stats), but all the colossus and luke and IW pets have pretty mediocre base damage, so you're giving up a ton of damage rating on items just to make a handful of pet skills actually tolerable.

A Crusher with high base damage would simultaneously be useful for a normal Invisible Woman, while also opening the way for gimmicky pet support IW's that drop a pet damage boosted crusher on dudes whil throwing invisibility at allies or whatever (I don't own IW, this is probably super obvious)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 23, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I make no pretensions on being an expert at Thing or playing him at ~~optimal viability~~, but I will say that I spend most of my time playing him and he's my first L60.

Of course, I might end up making Thing goons even more useless, since my current build consists of being as close to neverdie as humanly possible.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Please post the immortal Thing build, I... kind of like him too. :ohdear:

Dumb build:

I have a cosmic belt buffing Bold Challenge to 19 (only have a point in it otherwise), and you probably dont want Jagged Defender at all (I really want HedgeThing to be a thing though, so I maxed it :goleft:), but it does give 700 DR against enemies attacking you, so that's a thing to consider. You also don't need to max Granite Defense since that only increases the damage the shield takes before breaking (and it takes no time to re-cast the shield).

Other than that stuff, that's probably a decent build for a general Thing. You could substitute Guardian Aura for Aggressive Aura if you really need to do more damage, but the stats on it compared to Guardian honestly feel a bit weak.

Dumb items:

Seraphim might be bugged to not work, i just use it for the health (revive could be useful for Surtur though, since apparently it might be death-locked and he might actually be a difficult guy), You could probably replace Ancient Grove for Viking Vitality and be tankier + do more damage, I just really wanted to break 10 Durability. I'm not to huge on Semper Fi, I just haven't been assed to see if I have anything better (I reeeeeally want to find a Streamsword :(). Everything else is pretty much picked entirely for more durability or more health (because i'm tarded as all hell.)

In total I have 44,110 HP, about 14,900 defense (when Wonder Man isn't proccing), 11 Durability, 7 Strength, 6 Fighting, and 2,112 damage rating, on top of the 25% damage absorb from Granite Defense, the invulnerability procs from Jugg Medal and Advanced Crystal of Cytorrak, and the guaranteed invulnerability on medkit use. If you end up with items and skills like this you pretty much only have yourself to blame for any deaths.

(I accept no responsibility for any incredibly slow cosmic clear times as a result of this build, may god have mercy on anyone who actually reads all this.)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 26, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

crowbb posted:

Finally actually saw some Sentinel parts drop last night. Was in MM and it was a Mega-Sentinel fight. Got a head, torso, and limb all from that one wave. I had accumulated 3 limbs all week before that. I cashed in for my unique that will now sit in storage forever because it doesn't look all that great.

But....you get a BIG GUN

bind-on-sight for cable

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

crowbb posted:

I'm at work until 4pm EST so I can't check, but I built one last night. I am totally going off memory here so I may have forgotten or gotten some of these numbers wrong...

+2000ish defense
+270ish ranged damage rating
+250ish critical rating
2% chance of firing a sentinel laser for 8kish damage
3% chance of summoning a sentinel
+1 all skills
I feel I am forgetting another affix and I'm totally blanking on which slot it was.

You're forgetting the chance to summon a ~~BIG GUN~~ to increase your damage rating at the cost of 5% attack speed for 5 seconds.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Overbite posted:

I didn't like Storm when I played her to 8, and it sounds like Jean is boring too :(

Storm gets way, way, way more fun once you can start using her Chain Lightning and two AoE patches. I felt the same way in the first 10 minutes of playing her, then I got those.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

fookolt posted:

Cool. Are there any like necromancer type heroes? I like being a zookeeper in ARPGs.

Squirrel Girl.

Her entire gimmick is summoning swarms of unkillable squirrels that heal her and do huge damage. Also stacking tons of pet damage and summoning items because she's one of like, 2 heroes who would feasibly want to do that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

bagrada posted:

Is he the least popular? I'm torn between grabbing him for the BOGO since we'll be getting his costume, and waiting to see if we get him for free too (we got the santa hulk hat but no hulk for xmas).

I don't think any of his movies have sold too well, and (last time I read main comics, which admittedly was a while ago) most of his best selling comics are ones where he's the heel for another superhero, so I imagine he's not a huge loss for them to give away.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

seravid posted:

(the superior one seems alright, I guess - can't really tell with the static image in the store - but 1450G :lol:)

It costs that because it features 90's cartoon Spider-Man pretending to be 90's cartoon Doc-Ock pretending to be Spider-Man.

Enhanced costume prices are pretty silly though, yeah, only really worth it during BOGO or if they have a G sale.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Am I crazy for thinking that loot explosion actually didn't look that great for the effort?

That likely wasn't their first raid win before recording, and only the first raid victory each week (per character) gets a super loot explosion.

EDIT: yep

the youtube description posted:

My raid party killing Surtur for the 3rd time

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Seriously? So you'll be able to have 60% brutal rating?

Provided you're willing to forgo any other stats in slot 5.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

nickhimself posted:

rip servers good jobs

oh no, you got crashed so hard your install was replaced with toontown!

noooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Marvel Heroes 2015: WOLFERINE has evolved into WEEAVERINE! Learned Baka Blast!
Marvel Heroes 2015: Nova coming 201heatdeathofuniverse
Marvel Heroes 2015: The game may have improved, but the goons haven't!

• Locked thread