Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Thanks for the code - c'mon Storm or SW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I presume I'm the sole goon with unused boons? Due to family/work I won't be able to log on until tomorrow night (PDT), but if there are any other goons with unused boons, maybe we could have a west coast boon-festivus for the rest of us?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Soothing Vapors posted:

I HAVE A JOB LUX OKAY

but yeah use this build it owns

So no basic? Are you using Lunar Eclipse with the PSS?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Aphrodite posted:

I saw RIF working pretty well during the Big Bada Boon. I had artifacts dropping like rain.

But did you get any of the rare ones? My suspicion is that each rarity class of any item type has different diminishing returns for RIF, with harsher diminishing returns for rarer classes. So with very high RIF, you might see 5X the number of "common" artifacts, but only 2X the number of "rare" artifacts, and only 1.1X the number of "epic" artifacts. It seems like everyone saw this behavior with equipment (i.e., unique drop rate seemed largely unaffected by huge RIF) and I think this was true for all item types.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Pimpmust posted:

And your build is respecced for free whenever they do a big review change too.

I haven't bought a single one, barely bothered with the quest-line and I got like 17 respec potions sitting in my stash. Not exactly dropping like candy, but somewhat more common than uniques?

Less common than uniques, I think, except affected strongly by SIF. During Boonfest I got about one or two retcons per xdef.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Nativity In Black posted:

Just finished the story for the first time as Luke Cage. I'm gonna probably retcon tomorrow and start worrying about gear. This game is fun. I can't decide if I wanna prestige Luke once or move straight to my other characters once I get him up to 60.

I like to keep someone I like at 60 at all times so I can jump in a cosmic terminal group/60 xdef/bovineheim if goons are lfg.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
PSA: MHMGIFT code seems to be working again, if you missed out the first time, here's your chance.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
For doing well in xdef with melee, is it pretty much Hulk or bust? I haven't done as well in wave 15+ of 60 XDef with DD or BP as I was hoping and I don't think finalizing their gear will make a big enough difference.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

StashAugustine posted:

What characters *need* PSS/Atlantean the most? Or alternately, who are they most useful on? I've only got one of each and didn't wanna put 'em on the wrong guy.

Artifacts, relics and blessings are cheap to swap around, don't sweat it.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

DeathbyMisadventure posted:

I would love if someone could talk about melee in x-defense, and since you said Hulk is supposed to be good can you elaborate on what skills work well for him in x-defense? Storm was my first 60 and I enjoyed wrecking xdefense but since then I've tried a couple melee characters and I just feel like I'm dying constantly and the damage is lacking. Maybe I am just expecting too much or doing something wrong but even Ms. Marvel who a lot of people seem to love just felt anemic. I started Hulk and he felt awesome at first and now I'm in the 20s and it's just dropping off. I've read many times about melee being too vulnerable but I assumed that was mostly referring to end-game and not leveling x-defense.

I've seen cl gibcounts hulk build and it's effective. Lux's BP build is good, I've got most of it put together. I am usually 1 or 2 in pubbie xdefs, but I've seen barely geared SWs and TMs almost double my damage, so I'm not sure it's top tier. It could be me, but that's my experience.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

PoultryHammock posted:

If anyone has any suggestions for Hook Kick I'm all ears, even macroing it so it goes off after any of his finishers usually means I am in a single place too long and get gibbed by a boss.

This is exactly what I was doing with DD. I'm not sure Hook Kick is worth it, but I found that waiting for NB to re-engage let me land SHK reliably. I never got JS to be reliable enough for me, and sometimes SS would target trash mobs really far away from each other and I would feel like those 4 or 5 seconds were pretty wasted. Also, it seemed like Devil's Due would get interrupted sometimes and not land, which was annoying.

All that said, it is a really fun build and once I get some better gear I'm going to go back and give it another go.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons (maybe mainly Cease since he dominates these large build posts), for our newbies and even our veterans, I see plenty of posts on official forums and in game asking, "Who should I put this Any Hero Unique on?"

Lots of times, these items can go on over a dozen characters and be decent at least. Here's what I want to see though: Who is the item BEST on?

I would love to see a giant list of all Any Hero Uniques sorted by slot with up to 2 characters listed for the best character. IE:

Slot 1:

Death Seed: Nightcrawler
Dragonfang: Wolferine, Insert other high critical character
Etc.

I was inspired by a post on the official forums but I noticed some horrible BIS choices and well, we are smarter than low commoner pubbie scum (YEAH!!!).

I actually started to put this together a while back, but it turned out I hadn't played a lot of the heroes in question, so I wasn't too sure about the results. For what it's worth, here's what I remember:

Deathseed: NC
Dragonfang: Hawkeye
Satan Claw: Wolverine
Doc Ock: IM, Storm
Oscorp: IM
Darkhold: multiples (but maybe not Loki?)
Cerebro: multiples

Edit:
Footstigons: multiples
Tabi Boots: multiples
Facet of the Uni-Power: Colossus

I can't remember if they were any others worth mentioning.

DrOgreface fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 6, 2014

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Largepotato posted:

The resemblance is uncanny.

You mean the resemblance is fantastic?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

nickhimself posted:

Dirk Strange, X-Defologist

This is what happens when you fully gear your stranger for danger.

My taskmaster *almost* had you. Hard to compete against someone with a HoD, GoK and headband all on the same dude. Coming soon, Dr Ogreface's Masters course in Taskmastering. Learn how to do 1/3 the deeps of NickHimself with 1/100 the gear!

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I've got a bovineheim and a collectors elixir or whatever that I've been saving for a special occasion. :)

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

triplexpac posted:

I've never run any of the cow portals at all, is there a guide or anything to these? I don't want to go in with a group and end up blowing it :smith:

Here's the guide: stay with everyone else. Don't open a chest without everyone around. That's it!

e;f,b

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I'm usually on at that time and am down for cows, I'll check chat when I log in.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Zzulu posted:

I got the enhanced lady loki costume as a drop in 30's xdefense :buddy:

It's probably the one enhanced costume I wanted most. Fortunately I already had Loki too

Congrats, that's the costume I want most.

In other news, Bovineheim is awesome now. I got 6 or 7 uniques in two runs last night, including Doc Ock arms and the Hand Assassin Tabi (neither of which I had before). When Cease to Hope gets past the letter C in his Any Hero guide, I'll see that the game is telling me to get and play Storm.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Pierson posted:

If all I want to do is hit 60 and try out the endgame stuff with the supergroup should I just chow down on my exp-candybars and shove through legendaries?

Yes. The XP boosters are much more noticeable on your first few 60s, so don't save them for later. If you are getting under geared, do some xdef when you're at around _8 or _9 of a level tier.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Babyface Mingo posted:

This is what I have currently, http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/dare-devil#2wl22vv2vv2Kv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Might tweak it a little bit. Basically emptying my spirit with Jumping Strike, then just left-click with Assault Battery (use Street Sweeper whenever combo is maxed/Born again if I need HP) until Spirit is full. I feel like overall I'm doing a lot more dmg than Rebounding Club/Triple Strike build and can take a lot more punishment.

This is pretty close to what I was using. I think you should use Nunchuck Beatdown instead of A&B, though. NB when maxed builds combo points ridiculously fast. You might also move some points from RJ back to Radar Sense.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Avynte posted:

Runes, cores, and crafting mats.

Unstable molecules and matrices of unbinding as well.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

seravid posted:

Mind sharing it?

Regarding Iron Man, I prefer Wrist Rockets over Pulse Bolt. They don't penetrate or stun, but they hit harder and don't fill the screen with floaty, glowy crap.

Yeah, I was running WR/Repulsor Barrage instead of PB. It's more single target oriented and IMO more fun.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Toshimo posted:

Pulse Bolt is massively more single target and area damage than any other spirit dump because each bolt can hit the same target multiple times if you stack +Radius (Doc Ock Medallion + Power Prism Shard). It's really absurd damage. Everything else is a distant second.

Also, his best point dump is probably System Reboot for the passive Defense bonus because if you throw his BiS items on his slots 2-4, he's really squishy.

I don't know, IM never really clicked either way for me. I could give it another shot, I have since found an Oscorp and Doc Ock arms.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Eiffel On You posted:

I agree--8 uniques is not impressive.

I think the operative part is several hours in xdef @450% RIF with only one unique. For a while xdef was easily the place to be for uniques. I certainly feel that when they buffed unique drops elsewhere, they also nerfed them in xdef. I know I've run many xdefs with goons this weekend where no one in the party got a unique. Enough goons were running with 900% RIF during boonapalooza for long enough for it to seem pretty clear that unique drops have very harsh diminishing returns with RIF (anti P2W, I guess). For someone not aware of that running that RIF and comparing to older xdef, it would seem pretty frustrating.

I used the think Gaz wanted everyone to group up and be cooperative, which is why the drops in xdef were the best. But I think the recent changes (even the ones intended to make xdef better by preventing leavers) have made things worse, and anecdotally, I think my pubbie xdefs have been worse lately. If I could only run xdef with pubbies, I'm not sure I would bother anymore.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Aphrodite posted:

The drop rate on uniques is low enough that 2 days isn't a large enough sample size.

Oh, I think it was doubled over the weekend. I'm just sad that it was nerfed beforehand in xdef.

It's interesting that Doomsaw says there's no diminishing returns on uniques. I honestly don't know how to reconcile that with the boonapalooza experience.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

suction posted:

...For example, is RiF/SiF stacking really working as intended or is there some bug that makes stacking them ineffective. Nobody knows.

"Unique drops don't suffer from diminishing returns, but they don't receive a hidden live tuning boost that all other items do. Everyone was right."

I would point out that a cursory examination of metrics on the live server would easily show them how things like XP and drops and damage are actually working, but I don't know if they have any way to look at that data.

Edit: Actually this would be very analogous to the cosmic XP bug: when they introduced cosmic items, it pushed uniques into a higher tier of rarity. Possibly this new higher tier is unaffected by some live tuning boost, just like the new higher level of prestige was also unaffected. There would just not be a way to check it as easily as XP.

DrOgreface fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 14, 2014

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Pyronic posted:

Captain America full Shield Throw build:
http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/captain-america#vvK22qvMvvvvA2K2K22/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Shield Swipe
Combat Prowess
Shield Bounce
Shield Expertise
Airborne Assault
Torqued Shield Throw

1 point in each:
Aggressive Shout
Finest Hour
Fighting Spirit
Patriot's Challenge

and all your extra points in Indestructible Shield
I've been fooling around with the Cap'n and having a great time (better than DD and BP, similar to TM). I started with this, but I found this to be a little too weak single target. I swapped Shield Swipe out for Vibranium Bash and it's a lot better (using PSS and RoS). I'm never out of spirit, so Lunar Ecplipse might be an even better runeword. VB is a good ST ability and it lets you keep IS up more, which lets you AA more. Anyone not happy with the Cap'n should give this a try, it's a lot of fun.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Cease to Hope posted:

They are Punisher, who needs a buff, Deadpool, whose ranged damage is kind of terrible except for his basic, and Cable, whose energy damage is anemic.

I am not seeing a problem with buffing any of those.

I think Cap has maxed fighting and a few useful ranged skills.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Personally, I'd use Foeslayer over a ranged basic. Then respec into Dismember when you can equip a PSS and use RoS as the 50 uru runeword.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Soothing Vapors posted:

Doomsaw is offering to log people in on Saturday if they really can't make it on Saturday. First he buys raccoon clothes for an autistic idiot, now this. What a dev team.

Wow, maybe the basket is something good. I'm hoping for a Hulk costume where he has white shorts and bunny ears.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

alansmithee posted:

Are they all cosmic? You're not done yet!

Do they all have BiS R5 legendaries & Blessings?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Is there an Iron Man DPS spreadsheet that anyone can share? I've managed to collect Doc Ock Arms, Tabi Boots and an Oscorp lately, so I was thinking out pimping out my Iron Man (I've already got his S1 and S5). I would need trade in a legendary for him, so I wanted to compare Gungnir to the most recent proposed changes to M'Kraan. Thanks!

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
PSA: The Easter Basket includes a unique, so for best results open it with a lvl 60 toon with a minimum number of 60 uniques already.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I am hoping Mr.F has some awesome melee AoE build that these Doc Ock arms are perfect for. And that it looks ridiculous and awesome and is OP. And to be honest, I'm kinda interested in IW and invisible pancake power. And HT was my starter (although I have about 11 60s and he's only at 42). I'm not going anywhere near Thing though. I never even read any FF comics though...

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
So I guess I'll have to trade to get a Tyr if I am going to pimp out my Iron Man. They go for about 3 blessings? And a Saturn and PSS are about a blessing each? I haven't done any trading yet in this game. Thanks!

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

alansmithee posted:

Tyr is about 2-3 blessings, depending on what kind of deal you can find. PSS is slightly below 1 blessing, but since you can't trade fractional 1 will certainly do it. I'll trade you a Saturn for something of a comparable tier (I could use a Moon), or just a future IOU or w/e since I have 6 sitting around doing nothing and it's not a big deal. DON'T give up a blessing for one.

Thanks - I have an "extra" Saturn and a one or two PSSes I could trade. I'm just trying to figure out what I have that has trade value. I haven't play much at 60, I mostly just level toons, so I don't have any boss drop artifacts/awesome insignias. I don't have any extra legendaries, I have exactly 4 Helas, but I'm close to 100 Odin, so I could trade a blessing soon.

I have a Serpent, is Storm Giant Magi actually BiS for anyone, or is it just for fun? Seems like most people really only use Bowazon, RoS, Lunar Eclipse and maybe Vik Glad, Vik Vit (and then Bonebreaker for cheap and Seer's for leveling)

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Giedroyc posted:

Of course they'll have sales and offers next weekend, I bought G's yesterday due to there being no Easter sale :negative:

PSA: Buying Gs is the one thing for which there is no grace period. If you bought Gs and they go on sale later, too bad.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
This weekend looks pretty crazy. A full powers pass should make things very interesting. For the BOGO, do those only work if you buy a hero only, or do they work if you get one of the hero bundles (hero/stash/3 costumes)?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Largepotato posted:

Thighs are too fat.

Looks like he's part giraffe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Well, this weird timing of a boost weekend makes sense now. They needed to get this retuning done before the 1 year re-release. They knew there would be some butt hurt about nerfing some OP things, so they gave everyone the *10* most favorite things to soften the blow.

On one hand, I don't think I'm going to BOGO Storm anymore, but I am hoping this improves DD a lot. I've also been saving Thor for a rework/retuning so I'm going to bust him out now. I'm also looking forward to IW more and more. I might BOGO HE or SG. Why is there not a Hawkguy costume?

• Locked thread