Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

As someone who just started I want to say this game is a blast. That being said, maybe a little blurb that it's really easy to pick the wrong starting character, no confirmation, just one misclick on the screen and you're stuck with that dude unless you make a new account or pay for another. Of course you can grind up free access to some of the others in a few hours, but not all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

So if I'm travelling with only a mac laptop for the whole anniversary event what's the best way to avoid missing the good gifts and such? Do internet cafes still exist? Will steam/this game run in vmware fusion?

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

Hope the Mac open beta starts for the anniversary.

Internet cafes still exist but probably don't have this installed. This will run in a virtual machine but hilariously poorly. You're probably better off just setting up Bootcamp and a proper Windows partition, if it's really that important to you.

I think I'll just ask a friend I trust to install it on steam, change my password, have him login for me, and such. I don't know if I can resize a filevault partition, and this laptop only has a 128GB ssd (which is normally ok since i only use it for web browsing and ssh most of the time).

Also:about this game, why is it so fun? I feel myself wanting to play it all the time, like way more than PoE and other diablo likes. I do really enjoy being able to jump on, pick some random character I have, mess around for half an hour, feel like that character is slightly better (due to gear or enchants or something) and then do something else, or keep playing cause I'm enjoying myself. I have never read comics btw, I picked up this game because I enjoyed the first Iron Man movie.

• Locked thread