Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Ancient Grove is my favorite cheap runeword. It works on cosmic bosses and pretty much breaks most of them becuase it effects all of their abilities. Cosmic Juggernaut charges slower, cosmic doom's wind up is a joke etc. Some bosses can't even cast their spells because it increases their cast animations.

Maybe the X-Def scoreboards will make pubbies bitch enough that gazillion will stop making GBS threads out new costumes and heroes and actually make it so half their roster isn't useless in the "Endgame"

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

StashAugustine posted:

What's a good single-target for Hawkeye? Rocket Arrow feels a little clunky to me.

Pyms arrow/Explosive arrow. Repeat until you realize Hawkeye sucks

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Kelp Plankton posted:

Since the old Spidey build I posted is outdated, here's the current one:

I really recommend one point in Agile Attack, it's has a hidden stealth tag so every time you use it you drop aggro.

Also you can target enemies with it, so when you want to refresh your attack speed/damage reduction you don't fly past whoever you're currently fighting.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 1, 2014

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Rufio posted:

Wow I wonder if this is accurate. Hopefully they will do something about this before next weekend's poopsocking session.

Edit: I dont know what's going on up above me but this game is clearly not pay to win. That phrase gets thrown around a little too much.

Why would they change it? They never said anything about XP orbs, just that it would take roughly 25 times longer to hit 60.

Nerds getting mad about their pointless grind being slightly more inconvenient is loving hilarious though.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 8, 2014

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Soothing Vapors posted:

Man, where are the Things like you in my XDefs. Every time I pull one we lose like wave 12 because they're contributing nothing

In related news, we're going back to the dark ages of not knowing exactly how bad our teammates are

Well no poo poo they're removing something that shows how bad they are at balancing their game. I was really hoping the pubbie bitching would force them to fix their poo poo or make the end game not a lovely AoE fest.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Lawen posted:

Am I geared completely wrong? Do I need to just grind until I unlock Amazing Smash and Spidey Pummel? Am I just spoiled because I played Storm last? Help.

Web Spray + punching + leaping assault killed almost everything all the way to 60, especially after you get the corrosive web skill. Also USE AGILE ATTACK! It drops all aggro and you can just flip out of any danger and should never die.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Hopefully for the low price of 1250 gazillion bucks we can get rid of old saggy face Sue and her freakishly long neck.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

What is the best way to farm blue eggs? X-def and other 60 stuff just give lovely yellow and purple.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Nodoze posted:

This is correct. The other thing with her, and Storm for instance, is that she should be this good. There are different classes of ability and she is just so far above most other people in terms of power that it makes sense for her to be "overpowered" in a sense.

Storm and SW should definitely get nerfed before raids, they're the two most overpowered characters in the game and are a free ride in x-defense. The fact that only Scarlet got hit with the nerf hammer means they might actually have some cool raid mechanics that you can't cheese with absurd damage and stacking Storms right?

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Lechtansi posted:

Has gaz said anything about the aggressive power creep that's happening? Like, I know they only want to buff and not nerf but eventually cosmic terminals will feel like greens and wave 40 xdef will be common.

Although hearing Storm was nerfed gives me hope (assuming they don't revert it back due to excessive pubbie whining)

Storm/Sw nerf along with LL cores being removed(finally!) will go a long way towards helping balance the game. Not to mention cosmic/x-defense won't be the hardest content in the game after raids come out.

edit: also check out the LL thread on the test center forums, pubbies literally don't know how to do cosmic kurse without LL.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 23, 2014

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Nobody noticed the tuning changes to x-defense? No more enemies spawning outside doorways/stairwells, blue student killers all spawn closely packed and at the same time making it VERY melee and AoE friendly. Mindless waves are spawning close to the students now too.

Downside is that magneto seems to cast his spells more often but that may be just me noticing it.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

It would be REALLY loving cool to know how much damage I am doing in x-defense. Is my gimmick DD build worth it? who knows, dps meters hurt peoples feelings!

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

itskage posted:

Thanks I went back and found it.

Basically I'm getting "spec the same way you did five months ago while you just stand around spamming the FotM spender" and "maybe I should play Ms Marvel or Emma instead until her review hits."

I personally would avoid Jean and Scarlet Witch until their reworks. They aren't wolverine tier, but they're pretty boring and basic.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Largepotato posted:

Anyone had unstable molecules drop in Midtown this week?

Don't think I've had any, but got around 20 of them during the first reaper.

Pretty sure the event item drop buff pushed off a lot of other stuff. LIke unstable's and rare/epic insignia.

Also I love how "Incorrect Tuning Tags" is what they use to nerf heroes now.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 2, 2014

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Lux Aeterna posted:

:Cosmichat:

DD was a little disappointing for cosmics. I think the issue is the reliance on standing still for combo point generation and my not wanting to just mash street sweeper without combo points. He also has no bleed damage and that means 0 dps if you're not hitting things. It puts him in a weird spot where he has to root himself to heal but takes more damage than the heal will offset. Devil's due is awesome, though.

Daredevil needs rebounding club. I've tried all the theory craft builds that skip it and they're poo poo. It's just so drat useful, especially since you can fire it off right before you cast street sweeper or devils due.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

[quote=]
Fixed an issue where some passive DoTs would active some effects far too often and some would never activate them.

Fixed an issue with several passive DOT powers doing too little or too much damage depending on how they were programmed.
[/quote]

Quality patch notes as usual, I sure am looking forward to raids from people who hide nerfs and don't have a way to measure DPS in game.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Ajax posted:

Thing is the best hero and this is justified by my sub 10s test dummy kill.

It's Clobberin' Time!

Stack nothing but 5 second procs to improve your test dummy kill times!

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Reminder to hold onto your unstable molecules/retcons like they're gold, somebody at Gazillion finally realized nobody was buying them from the store and lowered their drop rates. I know people have mentioned it before here, but I assumed it wasn't that bad until I spent hours in midtown today without a single drop of either.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Neurolimal posted:

you get 3 respecs per character (and those respecs aren't locked to the character you got them on)

That's really not a a lot, especially since they refuse to add any sort of way to measure your skill builds damage output other than the hilarious waste of time that is hitting a stationary target dummy.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Just watched a wave 25 Kirigi the undying heal himself to full 5 times ending a run. Some sort of anti-exploit system for when monsters get stuck in geometry?

Quality.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Eiffel On You posted:

I like this run the best and gives lots of hope for Invisible Woman. She is a beast in this video and shows some awesome potential. Buttes, please show your domination:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/93765/cosmic-kurse-contest-top-solo-time-2-26#latest

Love that thread because all the best times are horde summon affixes. :allears:

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

The patch completely hosed over my bleeding wolverine. The new Crimson Leap is literally the worst, impale is somehow registering the button press even less than last night and all the signature change did was make wolverine stand still when using it.

I seriously don't understand how they balance this game.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Midnightghoul posted:

The problem is you guys are not looking at internal builds, where it has not been 1000 credits and we saw no problem

The Tuning Tags on Swap Blessings were incorrect, now that they've fixed that bug swap blessings is the corecct cost of 50000 credits.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Ten minute enrage timers on bosses, no combat logs or DPS meters. :getin:

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

This won't be the first game that nerfed everyone and forced them to grind or do the new raid just to get back to their previous level of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Whoever buys the most experience boost potions will have the stronger characters. Hope you got your gazillionite ready scrub lords.

• Locked thread