Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

After a little bit you get something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANYCi0TWAc

lmao forever, nice job gaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

So it's an ACCC but without all that pesky health

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

I really wanted to make him work and settled on this:

Predator's Frenzy
Savage Strike
Panther Grace
Panther Soul
Jungle Snare
Mobile Mine Field

1 pointers in blessing, smokescreen and the rest in Doras (or stealth since Doras get chomped in cosmics easily)

Just keep snare/strike up and frenzy forever and ever. Mobile mine field is great when it works and comical when super doom walks through it and all 9 go off.

This is basically what I was using on test and it's reasonably effective. I may have taken Knife Fan instead of Savage Strike, I don't remember. Sucks donkey balls that the really cool-looking sig isn't worth investing in

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Think how cool Wrath of Bast would be if it was an almost exact clone of Kneel Before Me. Ghostcat jumps in, assholes are hypnotized by it and walk toward it/cower/whatever, Ghostcat roars for a second or licks its rear end in a top hat or some poo poo then explodes for non-laughable damage a few seconds later. All on a 15s cooldown.

There's already like a 1s delay on the damage, so why not make something useful out of it

edit: codes worked for me, thanks to both of you

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 28, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Gonna rub my greasy boons all over your tight newbie bodies so hard unnnnh

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Soothing Vapors, I think what happened to my forum account is apparently when one person flags you as a troll it pretty much breaks your account and puts you in limbo, because their forum system is held together with sticks and scotch tape.

Haha, I figured it was something like that

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

55 minutes til Boonfest. Get that body ready.

my cloaca is fully dilated

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Zeike posted:

LOL comixfan is a lil slow when someones giving away loot

ahahah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

At level 40/rank 18, Explosive hits for 4.2k-6.3k, Three Round Burst hits for 7.8k-11.7k, +40% base damage against bosses. Explosive does not do more damage than 3RB even if you adjust for the RoF difference (1.9 vs. 1.4 for me).

The thing about EA is that it pierces with the passive, and explodes again each time it hits a new body or a wall. In practice it's more damage if you can get the target pinned to other mobs or a wall

edit: I see now Psyker already said that, so I am not sure why you posted what you posted

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 30, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

Panther Man status: We have (tentatively) cracked the panther code
This build is King poo poo of gently caress Mountain. Do not be dumb like me and neglect Savage Strike. The bleed is massive DPS.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

NotALizardman posted:

Can you explain what you're doing here a little bit better? Like specifically your thought process for picking the skills you did?

Your post is worded a little weird, and its got a few people in the mumble confused.
It seemed clear to me but it's pretty straightforward really. Mines, Snare, and (1 pt imo) Wrath for AOE. Strike, Snare and Frenzy for ST. Max passives.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Those changes + a fix to Mobile Mine Array are going to make Panther Mans feel so amazing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Also, squirrels now seem to be able to trigger proc chances. Not just little stuff like health-on-hit, but everything. Squirrel Girl has a proc chance on attacking to spawn an additional squirrel, and these squirrels seem to be spawning more squirrels when they attack. I spawned the initial squirrels in the training room and went AFK for half an hour, when I came back she was still hovering at about half her squirrel meter constantly, and this was with her sitting in an area I picked specifically because most of her squirrels' AI couldn't pathfind to training dummies from it. If you let all of her squirrels attack targets on their own forever, you'll probably sit at a full meter indefinitely.

This part is probably the Squirrelpocalypse bug. If you tag something with Squirrelpocalypse and it doesn't die, it will proc squirrels and proc effects indefinitely until it dies.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

Panther man is already amazing. Making his sig a steroid and also giving it a boost from 1k dr from Excalibur will push it into the "can always 1-shot cosmic trash" category. That was the biggest gripe I had with his signature.

My gear is still total poo poo and I just tore through some cosmics almost as well as my roided-out Loki. I love you Panthermans

Ronco Showtime posted:

I really don't understand why everyone thinks Wrath of Bast is a bad sig. It's good, and looks cool! 20 second CD! And soon to have an awesome buff and better tags!

Yeah it's no Unyielding Power but if you stack any skill against that it's going to look lovely. Loki kinda fucks up the whole paradigm of balancing signature powers because its better than the Ults of at least half the heroes out there.

The damage doesn't stack up to The One Off, Unyielding Power, Kneel Before Me, Starktech Turret, or any of the other good signatures. Compared to KBM in particular, which is a well-tuned signature, it's underperforming A little steroid buff (and giving it a melee tag so it benefits from excal/AKFTS/etc) should a really good tweak. It didn't need to be tripled or anything, it's just not the best use of points on a point-starved dude. It's probably going to be my extra point dump after the tweak instead of these useless loving Doras

I agree that Unyielding Power probably isn't a good baseline to evaluate sigs against.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

^^well put

Captain Bravo posted:

I thought your stats already affected pets? That's why all the pet builds say to pump crit, because it's the best all-around increase for whatever your pet may be, or may be doing?

I've been thinking about doing a 100% pet build, focused on summoning and buffing as many things as possible to fight my battles for me while I sit back and sip a mai tai. What's the best character for this? I've heard Rocket Raccoon is pretty drat buff, with Groot and turrets. Obviously Squirrel Girl is a name that gets tossed around a lot, and isn't Emma also designed to work with a pet?

I mean, I'm not looking to shame others in X-def, I'm just looking for a decent build that's focused on pets, preferably with some passives I can take to boost them up and let them play the game for me. :v:
I think you quoted the wrong person, but only crit chance and brut chance affect pets.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Black Panther DPS Spreadsheet for Maximum Aspergers: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/79973/black-panther-2-35-dps-def-spreadsheet#latest

so much for being productive the rest of today

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 31, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ATTN LUX AND OTHER PANTHERMANS: PUBBIES ARE TRYING TO RUIN SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/79975/your-opinion-remove-knock-up-from-savage-strike

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That Black Widow costume is the best looking Fear Itself by a mile, even if the swords wind up being completely ornamental

Also, Hawkeye is really good and you guys are terrible :shobon:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Play Squirrel Girl so that you appreciate how great BP is even more

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

BP is fantastic at the moment and there are 2-3 builds floating around. Soothing and I use this one and we're pretty gay for it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620357&pagenumber=9&perpage=40#post427639139

Maybe if soothing finished playing with the dps calculator at some point we can verify it's not only fun as hell to play it's optimal sperg status dps.

I HAVE A JOB LUX OKAY

but yeah use this build it owns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LUX

I think this guy's spreadsheet is wrong, it is telling me that Scything Sweep and Claw Slash are superior ST dps to Predator's Frenzy (even on bosses) and I seriously don't believe that (maybe Scything, idk, I never tried it, but not Claw Slash).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

BEHOLD! The upcoming change to the Shield Of Perseus!

amthua said: This was my attempt at April Fool's Humor. We're going to actually greatly increase the radius on the current proc. Thanks again for the feedback.

It works because I totally believe it could be true

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Subtle-ish Doomsaw burn in the Ego the Living Planet announcement:

Doomsaw posted:

We believe that Marvel Heroes should be for everybody, and we think giving you a full spectrum of choice, from A-listers (like Squirrel Girl and Moon Knight) to planet-shaped death machines like Ego represents our dedication to being the best ARPG on (this) planet.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

get this troll - taskmaster is real, and gazillion is pulling the rare double-reverse-april fool by convincing people he isn't, by announcing him today.
I like how that entire thread is basically saying "yeah you dummies this is exactly what we want"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Defleshed posted:

For the build post, since it seems to be lacking a solid Emma build (I am Scrotadendron in game)

MAX:
Psychic Domination (Make your enslaved dude much more awesome and basically prevent him getting killed)
Inspire Minion (This is your bread and butter, always use it on cooldown, keeps dudes off you because you have basically no way to defend yourself)
Astral Bolt (Basic that restores spirit, can switch out for something else if you get river of souls on your uru)
Kneel Before Me (A huge boom for lots of damage and you're almost impervious while casting it)
Telepathic Mastery (A good damage/survivability passive)
Telepathic Torment (You can probably do any other of the mental AOE's... but you need some other button to push when fighting dudes and this is as good as any with the debuffs it applies; no idea if this is optimal sperg dps or not)

One Point Wonders:
Unlock Potential (use it on cooldown, but not worht more than one point imo)
Frenzied Confusion (drop it if you gently caress something up and dudes are attacking you instead of your minion)
Mental Overload (once you get good at enslaving and you're in an area with a lot of good dudes to enslave like XDEF, this can boost your dps)
Lustrous Lunge (gotta use this to motor around)

Remaining points wherever. Frenzied Confusion is where I dump mine. The basic point of this build is to let your minion do all your damage. Get a guy who is level 63 out of a cosmic. Best affixes are (in my personal order of preference): Attack Speed, Attack Speed Aura, Extra Damage. I prefer buff melee dudes like the Dark Elf Skirmishers in Cosmic Odin's Palace. You stand in the back and keep him inspired, using Kneel at opportune times, and dotting everything with telepathic torment.

Artifacts are Pluvian, Power Prism Shard, Advanced Skrull Targeting Computer, and Headband.

All this is open to any other goons who want to chime in but I find I can clear cosmics solo easily with this build and only a couple of her uniques.

You don't need to max Astral once you get her gloves (or ever) and you DO need to max Psychic Blast for ~max deeps~ you dumb goober

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Blessing gives you slightly more spirit return for point but it's not worth extras imo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

malkav11 posted:

Fast and furious? I've been running between 150% and 200% RIF constantly for weeks, sometimes more and/or server-side buffed, and I've seen precisely one uru-forged item drop in the last month (a level 25 breastplate). In the meantime I've had a dozen or more uniques drop, unstable molecules, multiple cosmic medallions, purple rings, Edge of Infinity, Advanced Atlantean Jewel, enough runes to choke a horse, fortune cards and retcons up the wazoo (I know those are SIF, but still). One uru-forged. One. I've seen about six total since they were introduced, every single one in X-Def.

If you need level 50 urus just ask, I have an entire tab full at this point

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lawen posted:

Newb question re: costume cores. Once you craft them into a costume, are they on that costume for good? Replaceable but not retrievable/swappable? My crafter's only lvl10 but only has a "Swap Affixes" option, does swap cores show up at higher craft level?

I got my first Costume Core earlier and can't decide if I should slap it on my stock Storm costume or break down and buy the 90s costume I've been wanting before I use the core. How rare are core drops anyway?

Cores aren't rare at all. Good cores (three affixes, all useful) are rare.

Swap affixes also swaps cores.

You can't ever get the core back, though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mahasamatman posted:

BP fans: What runeword should I put on T'challa? I was thinking probably Viking's Vitality or Lunar Eclipse.

For a basicless build you can't go wrong with Lunar.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Don't do this. You can get more DR out of other medallions and she doesn't need the defensive part of Vitality.
show yr work~

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kinster posted:

So I had reinstalled the game and forgotten my old account info, made a new one....then my friend gifted me Civ V so I completely forgot about this game.

Played MH over the weekend, completely awesome. Had a great time as Punisher, so I went ahead and dropped some cash to grab a few heroes, since I was thoroughly enjoying myself and BOGO was going on.

I now have Punisher, Cyclops, Hulk, Gambit, Deadpool, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

Do any of these stand out as significantly better than the others? Or significantly worse? From the second post it seems like I got a pretty good set and it might just be preference.

Also I leveled Cyke to 50 for the synergy but after a while he's pretty boring. Crazy AOE damage, though.

Ms. Marvel is OP as poo poo. Iron Man is ~top tier~. Gambit is pretty OK now I guess IDK. Cyclops is powerful but boring. Hawkeye is good but you're a goon so there's an excellent chance you're a dummy who won't appreciate him.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I guess there might be a mathematically better build out there (and I know basically nothing about Squirrel Girl) but it strikes me as kind of wrong to not run her as a pet-master type of character. It would be like playing Nightcrawler but not using his teleport-attack powers, or playing cap without shield throws...

Pet damage is terrible and it's not worth gearing for, but even in good non-pet-focused aspergers-approved builds it's worth maxing Squirrel Friend to keep the squirrels flowing and their attendant buffs maxed.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

Black Widow delayed ~again~, to end of april (comes out with Invisible Woman?).

Jesus christ.

Aphrodite posted:

That's not a delay, that was what we heard last month.

The MOTD said it was this week... was that just goon lies........... where is my formal apology from Kelp

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Soooo I loaded the game and logged in and....

Taskmaster is in. As in, available RIGHT NOW.

450g's, 200 splinters.

:woop:

Don't play with my heart

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm considering quitting my job so I can go home and Taskmaster it up

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Someone post skill trees

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oh god his skill icons in the Photographic Reflexes tree are straight up stolen from other heroes, I love this so much

edit: here is some streaming Taskmans for other prisoners of work http://www.twitch.tv/malesuronline

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oh god he has a bunch of toggles (a Spidey toggle, a Hawkeye toggle, a Captain America toggle, a Daredevil toggle, one other I didn't see) for different roles/bonuses and you can have 2 toggles active at a time

Then his Shield skills synergize with his Cap toggle (and so on) and give it additional bonuses

edit: his Ult appears to be "summon a shitload of students to gently caress poo poo up"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Please tell me his ult is called "Class Is In Session"

I couldn't see the name because of this rear end in a top hat's stream graphics

edit: nope, it's called "Field Exercise"

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Good breakdown from a good pub.

quote:

@Uniclonus said: He has Cap's Shield Charge, Shield Bounce, and Shield Bash.
Daredevil's Triple Strike, Apprehend, and Whirling Club.
Hawkeye's Wave of Arrows, Three Round Burst, and Teargas Arrow.
Spider-man's Web Spray, Webswing Attack, and Stick Around (think those are the ones. I don't have Spidey yet so I could be wrong)

quote:

@Uniclonus said: Further tree details:
He has 3 powers each from Daredevil, Cap, Hawkeye, and Spidey. They're tagged for the hero they're copied from because of his toggles and his one passive.

The passive gives straight Defense, Dodge, Damage and Crit rating, in addition to temp Def and Dodge buff when he uses a Cap or DD power, and a temp Damage and Crit buff when using Hawkguy or Spidey .

He has 4 toggles, one for each of those heroes. Each toggle gives a thematic benefit appropriate to the hero it's based on, plus a synergy for each point into the appropriately tagged powers. And 2 toggles can be active at a time.

edit: hahahaha his signature makes the game screen look like a recording, this is so wonderful

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread