Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Heck yeah, I've been playing this since the other week. It's so great to have a modern Carmageddon with all the totally goofy poo poo Stainless love and not have TDR be the last entry in the series. I can't wait to see the new tracks and cars this month. I wonder how far they are along with Bleak City?

Edit:

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fwoderwick posted:

I dunno man, I mean something as abstract as a menu sound sure (I can still hear it in my head now). But the handful of, by todays standards, poorly recorded crashcam speech clips, crash sounds, the powerup pickup noise etc, they'd be pretty jarring set against the modern graphics.

I want them to recreate the feel of the earlier games but I don't want them to entirely ignore 15 years of game design.

On an unrelated note, is that Noddy as Psycho Pitbull? That is amazing.
http://www.carmageddon.com/reincarnation/drivers-and-vehicles

Pratcams are coming back. They got a mate of Nobbie's in for Max and Sim is playing Die Anna. It not a priority according to them and won't be in till later.

Also yeah Nobby is Pitbull! Someone posted a blog about heading to Stainless to get his own car and portrait done. I think he was a kickstarter backer pr something

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah that's right everyone should know that when you are playing a Stainless game you're playing a game made by nutjobs who run each other over with cars, participate in stock car races and throw entire dishwashers down flights of stairs.

They covered Nobbie's car with giant dick decals for his fiftieth the other month. :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GikzF1KpgY

Nobby and Sim showing off some stuff from the next patch. I can't wait to see the new Bleak City.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

twitter posted:

There will be an update to #Carmageddon: Reincarnation this week! Join us on Twitch Wednesday, 5pm BST for more! http://twitch.tv/carmageddon

:woop:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bleak Fuckin City. Hope the stadium is in.

edit: 13 fuckin gigs!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 7, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A tribute to Russ, who is dead :rip:

Getting on rooftops is a little tricky but doable

And then things stopped being physics'd and I crashed super hard.

Bleak City is buggy as gently caress but fun to explore, I started accelerating out of control a few times and I ultimately crashed before I was finished snooping about. No Stadium in this map, Nobby said this is City A and City B is coming. This map takes like 6 years to load btw.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Best part of the stream today

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Stream is live! Douglas is there!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
About ten minutes into this weeks stream. Multiplayer and Tashita in the next build!

Fox and Hound, Deathrace and another mode in next build, no idea what that means!

http://www.twitch.tv/carmageddon

Edit: nobby answered me :3:
Checkpoint scramble spawns a random checkpoint on the level you all have to hoof it to for points, if you wastes someoen you get some of theirs.
Fox and Hound is one car is the fox and everyone hunts them.
Deathrace, you race!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 21, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Multiplayer is broke beyond 4 players so it'll be limited to that for a while. Also... uh I thought the update was out tomorrow?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Nobby went to Scotland and everybody hosed off for the week I'll bet!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltXZHmk5JI
Yesterday's stream!

Check out fully textured Tashita, Bear and Stig-o-sore

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think all the original tracks are in the gog release.

It's interesting that they've decided to English the game up for that sweet grant money.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Fuckin' Grim is in!

Edit: Update today in an hour and a half!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 16, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

IUG posted:

Both brothers or just one?

Just one, the other died at some point in the last ten or so years of racing and is now in the coffin in the back. The other Brother keeps a puppet of him for some reason..

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They wanted to do the Gog version at least but they found out they couldn't some how.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ok I'm gonna have to try that patch out when I get home.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Don't RWS have some sort of association with Stainless at the moment too?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Woke up to some awesome news. :black101:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Bold Robot posted:

I haven't been following the development of this at all since I kickstarted it like... 2-3 years ago now? Is this game looking any good? The whole Early Access/Public Beta thing makes me pretty skeptical.

There's an Alpha release up on steam that looks pretty promising. It's very basic and unoptimised but the cars handle nicely and crunch really well. Basically we're waiting on more cars and tracks, a campaign mode and mutliplayer.
There's a few other features that they've planned that aren't in yet like splitting cars in two and paint damage.

Anyway give it a go!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
How's online working? Im stuck in work

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
As far as I can tell there's like one dubstep song anyway

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mr.Citrus posted:

Anvil launcher is the best. :black101:

Does anyone know if the cop cars are unlockable?

According to Nobby they are unlocked the way they were in Carma1. So cheating or beating the game

Has anyone tried typing swears in the main menu yet?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I only just noticed this :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Skarsnik posted:

Anyone figured out what options have the biggest hit on performance yet? I could run farcry 4 on high, but this I can barely run on low it seems

Playing it in 600x800 helped a lot. It's also why I'm not recording gifs/video

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Kins posted:

This was from a few days back, but I asked Nobby during the Twitch livestream. He said that it's still part of the plan.

Speaking of multi, a patch should be out to fix some multi-specific stuff within the next 24 hours, Steam willing.

They just got an update from Q/A, their main issue seems to be fixed so they are pushing the button, so it'll be out whenever it get's through Steam's...stuff, whatever that is.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
AI update is out!

quote:

Update going live TODAY for the Beta release … and this one has some exciting NEW STUFF in it! Check this out

The AI now use PowerUps!
The AI behaviour has been improved in all event types, and they’re more aggressive in Classic Carma events!

Plus, the Controls Config file has been moved to allow editing without locking out the Multiplayer Mode, there’s a fix for edited Keyboard Control Configs not saving, and importantly - graphical settings have been tweaked as well, to make them easier to understand and tuned to give a better balance of performance versus graphical quality. MARVELLOUS!

We’ve been eagerly awaiting the “AI using PUps” thing, and now it’s in I can tell you it’s FANTASTIC FUN and it makes the game even more of an Multiplayer experience in Single Player! Val Hella repulsificating your advances! Don Dumpster spurting oil slicks from his arse all over your shiny new boots! The Terrible Twin aiming anvils at your vitals! Ivan the Bastard bowling slaughter mortars right up your chuff, plus many more highly amusing opponent/PowerUp combo moments WILL BE YOURS once the game has updated! So come one Carmafans – get yer update installed and get ready for some extra-ultra-violent vehicular CARMAFUN!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
http://www.carmageddon.com/news/douglas-hamster-2014-2015

:rip:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

program666 posted:

I didn't get to that last line lol

I really hate april's first, everyone suddenly think they are funny, most of them are absolutely not

I know you lashing out is just part of your grieving process and I forgive you buddy. :rip:

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 1, 2015

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I really wish they would!

Thanks for digging the tunes too!

Woah I didn't know you were literally all the industrial tracks on the soundtrack!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://youtu.be/-eU_hmfwyLc

Livestream from this week featured me ramming Nobby repeatedly from behind

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Motherfucker posted:

dang it runs like a dream and is super fun for me??

Troll spotted!

It runs a lot better for me now but I'm still having to bump everything way down. I really enjoy the game itself which makes everything looking poppy more manageable at least.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Doc Morbid posted:

Do you want to hear a couple of video game journalists poo poo on Carmageddon for 26 minutes while playing it in the most boring way possible? No? Too bad, because that's exactly what the Giant Bomb quicklook from a few days ago is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhzs4DsAklg

I watched this shortly after it came out, and there were already a bunch of commenters going "aw gently caress they ruined Carmageddon, this looks boring!" I generally like Giant Bomb, but they didn't even try with this QL. Much like the earlier Earth Defense Force 2025 QL, really. Also, Jeff says the original Carmageddon games are bad, which is possibly the wrongest thing I've ever heard him say. I understand not liking them, but to straight-up call them bad games is just dumb.

:(

I really thought Dan would have liked it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Performance is way up for me. I agree with the thread, a bunch of numbers need to be tweaked, though I'm mostly ok with damage in regular matches, the one were you have to wreak like 6 cars to win is hard as gently caress atm though.

For me, now that I can actually see things in the game, driving feels really slow and sluggish, which I know was part of Carma 1 but I think it's still a liiitttle bit too hard to turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Grabbed it this morning since the regular version turns my PC into a molten ball. My loading times are ok, baring in mind my pc was taking about 4 minutes to start a level

I'm pretty sure they took the strip club out of Bleak City, which is understandable!

• Locked thread