Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am also a huge fan, and Colour And The Shape was the first CD I bought. (I also have that artwork tattooed on my shoulder.) I'm glad someone made a topic for this, as I made the one for the previous album, which has obviously fallen into the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I really wonder why he didn't record the album at his house. Especially after he went through all the work to get that console in his house and the whole Sound City thing. I don't even think he had that setup by the time of the previous album, so he never even broke it in with a Foo album.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Album #8 is still unnamed, but coming out in the Fall. And Dave took the time while recording to make a documentary series for HBO. So I guess that answers my question from a few weeks back up there.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/its-official-foo-fighters-to-release-new-album-this-fall/

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not sure if it was known, but the Foo Figthers' Twitter account posted that the documentary will start in October.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I just listened through The Birds Of Satan, the side project of Taylor Hawkins. Has anyone else listened to it and has an opinion? I've only given it the one listen so far, so I don't really have my own opinion formed yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know about that, but it seems the band is made up of a cover band that he also works with. "...as a side-project led by Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters. The band is also composed of members Wiley Hodgden and Mick Murphy who previously played with Hawkins in the cover band Chevy Metal." Maybe he just wanted to make his own original music. But then again, that doesn't mean he couldn't have named the band for that reason though.

EDIT: ” So we did it really quick, and Dave Grohl came for a couple songs, Pat Smear came in on a song. It was all just us having some fun with friends in the studio." The quote is from an Antiquiet article, one of my favorite music news sites.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Robbie Fowler posted:

i felt like they were becoming a bit of a nickleback band

How loving dare you?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To be fair, Everlong is on the greatest hits album too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now for the hardest part about waiting for a new album. Trying to avoid the promo tracks until I get the whole album. (I somehow managed that with the last album.) Glad to see it's still good poo poo coming out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So the show starts in about 90 minutes. If the show is like the first 2/3rds of Sound City Music, it should be interesting.

I have HBO Go, but haven't tried to watch anything live with it yet. Does anyone know how long it takes before I can watch it on that?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Add me to the love of Hey, Johnny Park! The opening drums and guitar are amazing.

In the Xbox Rock Band game, my band name was Hey Johnny Ballpark.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I do hate country music more than most genres, so yeah, that episode was a bit more difficult to get through. But I don't really remember them saying that it's all corporate BS now. I only watched it last night too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Amazon shipped my CD yesterday, and the tracking says I get it on Monday.

Yes, I still collect physical media, and not vinyl at that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got the album in the mail today, and giving it my listen through now. Thank you Amazon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Here are some more tour dates for the USA, from Facebook:

quote:

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2015!
BEAT THE BOTS THIS SATURDAY, NOV. 22nd

Sick of Scalper-BOTS programmed to clog the online queue & snatch up huge amounts of tickets to resell them?
Us too – So this Saturday, HUMANS get first shot at tickets.

BOX- OFFICE ONLY PRE-SALES BEGIN THIS SATURDAY. All price levels subject to availability.

Go to http://foofighters.com for a complete list of box office locations and details

ONLINE PRE-SALES BEGIN MONDAY, DEC. 1
PUBLIC ON SALES DEC 4 & 5

7/4/15– Washington, D.C. – RFK Stadium (ON SALE NOW)
7/6/15– Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center*
7/9/15– Toronto, ON – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre*
7/16/15– New York, NY – Citi Field*
7/18/15– Boston, MA –Fenway Park (NO BOX OFFICE PRESALE) **
7/19/15– Boston, MA – Fenway Park (NO BOX OFFICE PRESALE) *

8/12/15– Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place*
8/13/15– Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome*
8/17/15– Denver, CO – Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre*
8/19/15– Maryland Heights, MO – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater*
8/21/15– Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center*
8/22/15– St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center*
8/24/15– Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre*
8/25/15– Pittsburgh, PA – First Niagara Pavilion*
8/27/15– Indianapolis, IN – Klipsch Music Center
8/29/15– Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field (SOLD OUT)

9/11/15– Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
9/12/15– George, WA – Gorge Amphitheatre
9/14/15– Portland, OR – Moda Center
9/16/15– Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
9/18/15– Anaheim, CA – Honda Center
9/21/15– Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
9/25/15– Phoenix, AZ – AK-Chin Pavilion
9/27/15– Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
9/29/15– Oklahoma City, OK – Chesapeake Energy Arena
9/30/15– Wichita, KS – INTRUST Bank Arena
10/4/15 – Atlanta, GA – Centennial Olympic Park
10/5/15– Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
10/7/15– Memphis, TN – FedExForum

* With special guests Royal Blood
** With special guests Mission of Burma

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tickets on sale now. I just spent nearly $400 to get to be on Fenway Field for 4 people. :stonk:

Also that last episode was rad of Sonic Highways. I really hope that someday we get the B-Sides and rarities CD that includes the Hooker song.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

Saturday Boston show is gone. Was gone 3 days ago at the presale. I wanted to see Mission of Burma, Bosstones, and Foo Fighters all in one lineup dammit.

I'm not paying ~$250 for a stubhub ticket :laffo:

I bought tickets to that show on the 1st. They were posting everywhere to join their mailing list to get a few days head start before they went out to the public. That's how I got mine.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Even if Dave wants to do another season, he's got over a year's worth of touring to do, and then he's probably going to want to live at home for a while.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jonny_Rocket posted:

That's what my friend (a fellow goon) and I did as well! I signed up for the email password notifications and got a pair of tickets to the Saturday show at Fenway. Super pumped to see the Foo Fighters, The Mighty. Mighty Bosstones and Mission of Burma on the same bill, let alone at Fenway Park!

They aren't Turf seats, but we are in section B152 I believe, so closer to the third base side.

Well then, I'll wave to you from across the field. (B1)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gonna be so glad that he's not going to cancel the concerts in America for us. He's earned that rock god throne.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I saw Foo in Fenway on Saturday night. It was loving awesome of course (and that field is way bigger than it looks from the stands).

Some things about the show I'll put in spoiler so that those going to the show can be surprised if it happens to them.
A whole lot of Queen love. They covered Under Pressure!
They also covered AC/DC's Let There Be Rock.
The throne can move forwards/back!
They played for 2.5 hours, and he said that they would just play through and not act like they were done early. I think this was because there was no easy way for Dave to leave/get back on the stage.
During the solo for Outside, Dave played the guitar on his broken leg!

So awesome.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://lobby.foofighters.com/

So it looks like some announcement is coming up in 24 days from now. See you all on November 22nd!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm surprised that's a "rumor", given that it seemed pretty well spelled out in the Saint Ceciliae EP note that Dave wrote a few months back.

quote:

And, the music? Maybe these songs are the breadcrumbs that will help us find our way back when it’s time. We could use a nice wander through the woods right about now. Another empty journal, another tap on the shoulder...those things are never far behind. It’s what lies ahead in those woods that excites me now....

So tonight, as I sit in my Berlin hotel room on our final tour for this album, counting down the days until we return home, I can’t help but wonder when we will see each other again. Who knows? But, with everything Foo Fighter related, it will only be when it feels right. And that’s a feeling that’s easy to feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

P.S. Probot

• Locked thread