Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the first album is one I can listen to endlessly. And I really enjoy the second album too. For a while I thought Nothing Left to Lose is great but now I've started to not enjoy anything that isn't Generator, Learn to Fly, Stacked Actors or Breakout.

Inspector_666 posted:

Also, anybody reading this thread who hasn't seen "Back and Forth" yet should try and track it down, as it apparently isn't on Netflix anymore.

Considering how lame the Pearl Jam documentary is (Uh... so then we skipped through a BUNCH of drummers...) the Foo Fighters one was really great considering how it shows every time Dave was a total rear end in a top hat. But then the end becomes a self aggrandized promotion of their new album so you can stop it there.

Pat Smear is a total Bro tho. I'd love to have a beer with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheDarkFlame posted:

Then when they're recording a bunch of stuff with load of other artists, they bring someone in (Trent Reznor I think?) who meddles around with it, and they excuse it because he uses it "as an instrument, not a crutch" whatever that means.

That was a biggest load of horseshit. "COMPUTERS ARE BAD... unless you're Trent Reznor"

I enjoyed the rest of the documentary though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My favourite part of Sound City was

"Goddamn computers ruining music" - 15 people

*cuts to one guy* - "On the other hand, computers are okay I guess*

*cuts back to Neil Young bitching about computers*

• Locked thread