Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Ask me how I smoke weed, watch hentai, everyday and how it's unfair that governments limits my ability to do this. Also ask me why I have to write in green text in order for my posts to stand out.

The Foo Fighters are a rock band, formed in 1995 by former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl. Since their self-titled debut album was released in 1995, they've gone back and forth (no pun intended) quality-wise, though everyone seems to agree that their latest studio album, Wasting Light, is their best album since 1997.

They're currently working on their eighth album. Their lineup has remained largely the same since 2000: Dave Grohl (frontman; guitar), Chris Shiflett (guitar), Nate Mendel (base), and Taylor Hawkins (drums). Pat Smear, who was originally in the band from 1995-1997, recently rejoined.

So, any fans here? I've fallen in and out of love with them, but Wasting Light dramatically improved my opinion of them to the point where they're now my second-favorite band.

AYC fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Ask me how I smoke weed, watch hentai, everyday and how it's unfair that governments limits my ability to do this. Also ask me why I have to write in green text in order for my posts to stand out.

Griff Lee posted:

Better than Nirvana :smugmrgw:

[insert "Why not both?" Mexican girl]

I don't get why it has to be either-or. I like them both for different reasons. They're different enough musically that it doesn't make sense to compare the majority of their stuff.

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Ofecks posted:

Legendary album. It was one of my first CDs with the 5-disc changer I got Christmas of '95. To this day, I can listen to it front-to-back without skipping anything. So many great tracks, with awesome guitar work. Their 2nd album has a few songs on it that I like, but I don't care for any of the rest of the discography.

Have you tried Wasting Light? White Limo sounds a lot like Weenie Beenie.

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Best songs from each album?

My choices:

Debut: Oh, George
C&S: Everlong
Nothing Left to Lose: Stacked Actors
One by One: All My Life
In Your Honor: The Last Song
ESP&G: The Pretender
Wasting Light: Rope

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Plank Walker posted:

I thought from some of your other posts that we have the exact same musical taste and then you post this and prove me absolutely right

Musically, I think Everlong is probably their best song. I still prefer Stacked Actors as my #1, though. I came to the Foos from Nirvana, though, so I prefer the heavier stuff.

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

_Leviathan_ posted:

I always loved My Hero, especially now that I know the story behind it. In Back and Forth, Dave said he didn't have any songs that you could do the wave to in stadiums. So he wrote a song that people could do that to in the chorus, rehearsed the hell out of it for 4 days, and then played in live for the first time in front of a stadium front of people. I love the drums and guitar and that catchy chorus.

Isn't that the development story for "Enough Space"?

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/foo-fighters-new-album-halfway-done-says-butch-vig-20140417

As of last week, the new album is halfway done. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Skilleddk posted:

no love for Exhausted? It's my favorite song by them because its so fuzzy, shoegazy and yet depressive

I love it too. It's my go-to relaxation song. Anytime I bomb a test and feel terrible, I turn it on and everything is alright.

"What if a day I stayed in bed..."

• Locked thread