Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

From browsing the support site, it looks like the answer is "no," but I want to check here: Is there any way to programmatically change server settings? My specific scenario is that I want to be able to run a command that changes the pre-roll videos without having to open the settings and copy&paste pathnames. It looks like the server has some kind of API but it's only for retrieving library information. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I have a weird problem. Sometimes when I play something on Plex, the video will just stop, kind of like it’s buffering, except it doesn’t say it’s buffering. The Plex app on my TV is responsive, but the video just won’t continue.

Here’s the odd part: My first reaction is usually to open Plex on my phone just to see if the server is running. As soon as the Plex app loads on my phone, the video will resume playing on my TV. This is very consistent over the several times the issue has happened. I don’t have to do anything on the phone app other than open it and let the main screen load.

It seems like the server stops being responsive to my TV app for some reason, but when the phone app pings it, it will “wake up,” or something? Is this a common issue?

The server is on a Mac and I use a Fire Stick for my TV, if that makes any difference. This is all on my local network, so I don’t think there are any network/bandwidth issues (I have an ethernet connection and very often I play SD content anyway).

tankadillo fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 26, 2020