Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Plex has mysteriously stopped working well for me recently. Any ideas? These things used to work:

Go to plex.tv in a browser, click launch, it finds server in the web app. Now it does not find server.
Turn on Samsung TV, launch the plex tv app, it finds the server. Now it does not find the server and times out on login to plex.

What does still work is the plex DLNA client can be found and used from the Samsung TV, PC, Oppo player. Also, going direct to the local ip address (http://192.168.1.100:32400/web/index.html) works fine.

Plex is running latest release on a Synology server, was working for a year before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

teagone posted:

There's a new media optimizer feature in the early preview build for Plex Pass users: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/ar...2015+Newsletter

Basically it allows you to pre-transcode items in your library and have a transcoded copy that co-exists with your original copy. If someone outside your network requests content that you "optimized" the server obviously won't need to transcode since there's a copy that's ready to be direct played/streamed. This is a good feature for people who have a NAS (or an older PC like the goon below!) as their PMS who have a lot of people accessing it remotely on various devices.

What a great feature.
I couldn't find it on the Plex pages, does it allow a convert from 5.1 to 2.0 sound? That's what screws me over for Synology to Chromecast viewing right now.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

If anyone is on Roku for Plex, they just put out a firmware update that looks like it fixes audio sync. I'm getting perfect sync right now.

Just as I was about to switch to a Shield out of pure frustration.

Let's hope it also fixes the bug where it randomly errors, stops doing a direct play, and then insists on transcoding until a reboot.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

bobfather posted:

Makes total sense. I wonder if one can upgrade from PlexPy to Tortellini without losing previous data.

I have PlexPy in a Docker, changed over to new Docker and no issues with the database, everything was retained.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Yes that's the one

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Could be something as simple as a client device cheaping out on the network adapter it uses.

Looking at you TCL Roku TV. 4k TV with a 100MBit ethernet link - is prone to buffering on high bit rate content.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

crestfallen posted:

Cross posting from the TV thread.

I have the TCL 55R615. I have Plex. When streaming a movie, I notice the audio sometimes lags the video a bit. The sound can cut out for like a second like 2x or 3x over the course of a movie. So not often but enough to notice.

These are 1080p streams, confirmed direct play. Not super high bitrate, like 8 Mbps. These same videos did NOT do this when played via a Roku Streaming Stick+ on an older 1080p TV. Both wireless.

Is it a processing power thing on the TV? Any other ideas to troubleshoot?

Are you using HDMI-ARC to an external processor? I have an audio lag issue, only on 5.1 audio though with HDMI-ARC. Can "fix" it for a bit with stop and resume. I haven't figured out how to stop the gradual desync over time. The same video direct from Netflix or Amazon doesn't have the issue so I am figuring its Plex.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

I installed the Trakt plugin for Plex. Is it going to start looking through everything I've watched and update that or is it just things going forward?

Click Plugins - Trak.tv - Sync -Full to do a catch-up.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Dongattack posted:

This seems like it would be perfect, but i can't remember/understand how to set it up in Docker, i touch it so rarely that i keep forgetting how it works. Do you/anyone know of a guide or something? I tried googling, but couldn't find anything for Docker.

There's a linuxserver.io distribution of it so if you're used to those for Sonarr/Radarr it's the same configuration steps. Point it to the video directory, set PUID/PGID, and you're off. https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/bazarr

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Here the article I used to setup the AT&T DMZ, it worked for me. https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/Strict-NAT-Bridge-Mode-What-is-IP-Passthrough-Can-I-enable-on-my/td-p/5296974.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I have 2 copies of the same CD. e.g. US Ryoko label with additional bonus tracks and a later pressing with different gains and no bonus tracks. There a ripped and in separate directories by artist and album name. Is there a viable way to show these as different in Plex without resorting to using your own embedded tags? Right now I just name the album differently with a distinguishing source in brackets.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

ringu0 posted:

It was hardware acceleration

Known issue - https://forums.plex.tv/t/hardware-transcoding-broken-when-burning-subtitles-apollolake-based-synology-nases/482428/101

Workaround - delete or rename an Intel driver. Alternative workaround - try out their experimental build. Details in that thread.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Heners_UK posted:

Let me be sure I have this right. For h265 direct play support:
* Shield is the outright darling
* Fire TV Stick 4k is the cheap one? (Limited to 35mbps and questionable audio support)
* Fire TV Cube is the middle cost one? (Same restiction as 4k stick)

Roku products also support h265 direct play.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Irritated Goat posted:

It ended up being the audio. Roku or my LG TV can't handle TrueHD so switching to a handled format and turning off subs makes it work fine. I do need to figure out how to do subs since I have issues hearing.

You should also ensure that your Plex server is up-to-date. There have been transcoding issues recently, I think they're resolved, that cause a bunch of problems including poor performance which you would see client side as stuttering or slow to get to 100%. Updating fixed it for me, before that a simple subtitle transcode couldn't keep up. Transcoding audio should also be fine, I have a NAS with a lesser CPU than you and subtitles and TrueHD conversion doesn't cause it to break sweat.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Nocheez posted:

B) Some of my video titles are all screwed up. One series has a couple of seasons that are off by 1 episode each, and there's like 50 episodes. Is there an easy way to get the library fixed?

No simple options I know of within the media applications. You can script a rename, manually rename, or just delete the season and re-download (if you can confirm the new source material is correctly named). I gave up and did the latter. And even then you should check the source of metadata to ensure that it is correct otherwise it'll still be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I had a similar issue with DTS audio. Turning volume leveling off fixed that problem.