Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone gotten the apple tv trailer hack to work so my plex videos show up there? I don't know if I am just to dumb to run python or it just doesn't work. It seem the python script just doesn't run when it says it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is there a trick to finding series you want to record? I need to schedule all the Chicago PD Fire Med Law whatever poo poo that my wife wants to record but the inauguration converge is bumping them past next Wednesday. How do I skip to the next Wednesday the jump is only got one week but I have 14 days of guide. This was her only requirement to me canceling my dumb TV subscription of which she only watches this one mega and bad shows.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So crossing my fingers I can get a HDHomerun Prime to work with my cable company, lol the effort in getting a cable card and a tuner adapter thank god there was a 60 year old lady that had worked there for 35 years and knew which cabinet they kept that crap in.

Anyway I will have a 4 tuner connect and a 3 tuner prime that I want to both work with my plex live DVR TV server. I plan on using the cable guide and then manually maping the OTA tuner to the channels available in the cable guide? (that it tunes) This should maximize my available channels I think.

Other people have suggested running 2 plex servers one for each guide and sharing the library location for the recordings?

Has anyone done either of these things?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can I just copy the folder structure and all from my old plex server to my new on and have all the dvr recordings? I don't want to copy the setting I just want the old recording to be on the new server after I shut down the current one.

I copied just the library structure and all to the new PC and they work fine on the new server.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 7, 2021

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

You’re just giving people the wrong advice for their problem.

The issue to update reboots shutting off your plex server is not to prevent the update, its to make sure those things launch on a reboot.

You’re basically telling someone to gimp their immune system because they don’t like the color of their shirt, rather than just putting on a new shirt.

That’s how ridiculous preventing automatic windows updates is for this issue.

Ok but windows update restarted with a splash screen that wanted clicked before any other processes were allowed to start

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Q - The official FAQ says for LG only webOS v2-4 are supported (https://support.plex.tv/articles/204080173-which-smart-tv-models-are-supported/).
Is this actually true? It doesn't seem to make sense that if a tv is TOO new, it would actually start lacking support for plex (latest is webos 6 iirc).

Going to add this, web os is so slow I use a 30 dollar roll instead. For Plex. Pretty sure it works though. My tv is getting old though so may just be crap.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I doing the cheap pc intel graphics with a file server and it does indeed own the transcode

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Guess ignoring plex updates is paying off.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Inept posted:

Celeron processors that have quicksync will perform just as well as an i5 for hardware transcodes. There’s no need to spend more if you’re using quicksync.

This, a $200 desktop from dell outlet running Linux will out transcode anything.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You people stay at some crappy hotels.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I run the cheapest celeron with quick sync and it’s is fine. The key is generation 9 or later but they are so cheap it don’t matter. I also use a ram drive for the swap space. Linux if you want more then two streams.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I’m sure they are talking about invites where you get a commission in the form of discounts for finding people old enough to want to subscribe to a Usenet service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait until he hears about Netflix