Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

bobfather posted:

The FreeBSD version can’t auto update either. Seems lazy.

Well it took them years of people complaining to set up a rpm repo but still refuse to set the rpm to restart plex after upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Cornjob posted:

Anyone using an RPi3 with PHT as a client? I like the appletv interface, but in my home theater, the lack of DTS HD support is a bit annoying. I tried PHT a couple years ago with an older RPi. It was good but a bit sluggish in the interface, especially in FF and RW department. atv is by far the easiest ive encountered to quickly jump to a specific scene in a movie.

Wondering if RPi3 + PHT is as good.

Edit: maybe what i need is Plex Embedded OS on some older PC hardware

I'm running an RPi2 with osmc with the plex for kodi plugin and it works fine

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
I've got a load of kids tv where there's 2 episodes in a single file using the naming scheme Name.S01E01-E02.mkv so that it gets indexed correctly. When watching plex will play the same episode twice before moving on to the next. Is there some settings I've missed somewhere as I'm sure this didn't used to happen

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

fluppet posted:

I've got a load of kids tv where there's 2 episodes in a single file using the naming scheme Name.S01E01-E02.mkv so that it gets indexed correctly. When watching plex will play the same episode twice before moving on to the next. Is there some settings I've missed somewhere as I'm sure this didn't used to happen

Solved it by using a different agent to tvdb

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Just swap your default indexer to the movie dB and don't worry about it

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

porktree posted:

I just got Tautulli (formerly Plexpy) working and sending email notifications (protip, don't use google, use outlook for smtp). And am liking it, but it looks like it's picking filename from the properties->details->Title which (as far as I know) neither SABNzbd or Sickbeard touches when it renames the file. For example the file starts as:

RARBG.someshow.S02E05.WEBRip.x264.ION10.mkv

And it get's renamed:

Someshow.S02E05.EpisodeName.mkv

But in the properties it remains:

RARBG.someshow.S02E05.WEBRip.x264.ION10.mkv (details and comments)

So Plexpy picks up this info, instead of the new and improved file name. It's a minor annoyance, but I'm a goon soooooo...

Does Sonarr 'fix' this?

Are you sure it's not pulling out of the files meta data rather than the filename

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Because you created a new account instead of a plex home/managed user

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

H110Hawk posted:

If I have plex pass and sign in a second server over at my inlaws house will both of them work at the same time for pass features? Nothing is remote streaming. Specifically care about hardware transcoding and nothing else.

Yeah you can have multiple servers tied to a single account

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
The plugin to use themoviedb as an agent exists for a reason

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah length of time doesn't seem to be a factor, I think it looks for the signature it needs then tracks back and adds the button a few seconds before it starts. If it's literally comparing the season episodes against themselves rather than a known signature, that's kind of crazy (in a good way, unless something tricks it).

From what i read it scans the audio track for the theme tune/intro per season

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Ive finally gotten sick of running plex/kodi on a rpi what do i buy to replace it with?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Even if the plex server is hosted elsewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

kri kri posted:

Check themoviedb to see if the episodes are correct, and then switch the Plex matching to use tmdb instead of TVDB

I have been editing series on tmdb since tvdb has a terminal case of moronitis

I found it was easier to default to tmdb