Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I assume the answer is something like "not any more", but is there a way to adjust audio delay with Plex Media Player? A specific show has a slight--but annoying--constant audio delay (in this case, mouths move and the audio is shortly after it). I'm more or les confident that it's the files themselves, since it's just this one show, is constant from beginning to end (it doesn't vary or worsen over time) and occurs on the PC where the files are located locally (so nothing to do with video quality or streaming over networks).

It looks like there's an option when you "Enter TV Layout", where you can press a combo of buttons to increase or decrease audio delay, but I'm curious if there's some way to do this from the standard Plex Media Player interface because it seems weird that the option would be available in the TV Layout but not in the standard PC layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

H110Hawk posted:

I don't know, but it looks like you can fairly easily adjust this in the files themselves with ffmpeg: https://superuser.com/questions/982342/in-ffmpeg-how-to-delay-only-the-audio-of-a-mp4-video-without-converting-the-au

Oh interesting, I'll have to check this out. Thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm having this issue right now where videos played locally on my Plex library--not even over a network, but literally played on the HTPC physically plugged into the library's hard drive--will develop an audio desync issue after 10-15 minutes of play where the audio appears to be like 150-200ms ahead of the video. This happens regardless of file type (i.e. h264, 265, mp4, etc.) and seemingly developed out of thin air without any changes to software, hardware, or Plex settings. It temporarily "fixes" itself if I jump back or forth a few seconds, but inevitably reappears after another 10-15 minutes.

Resetting Plex, resetting the PC, updating video drivers, changing all sorts of settings in Plex, killing background processes like Nahimic Audio, changing the port the HDMI is plugged into on the TV, changing the audio output, etc.--none of it has made the issue go away. And what's wild is that this exact setup has been working fine for literally years now.

Has anybody experienced something like this?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

kri kri posted:

What client

Plex for Windows version 1.75.0.3920

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm having this issue right now where videos played locally on my Plex library--not even over a network, but literally played on the HTPC physically plugged into the library's hard drive--will develop an audio desync issue after 10-15 minutes of play where the audio appears to be like 150-200ms ahead of the video. This happens regardless of file type (i.e. h264, 265, mp4, etc.) and seemingly developed out of thin air without any changes to software, hardware, or Plex settings. It temporarily "fixes" itself if I jump back or forth a few seconds, but inevitably reappears after another 10-15 minutes.

Resetting Plex, resetting the PC, updating video drivers, changing all sorts of settings in Plex, killing background processes like Nahimic Audio, changing the port the HDMI is plugged into on the TV, changing the audio output, etc.--none of it has made the issue go away. And what's wild is that this exact setup has been working fine for literally years now.

Has anybody experienced something like this?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Plex for Windows version 1.75.0.3920

I'm posting this here on the random chance somebody else has a similar issue down the road:

So randomly, I found a "solution" to this issue by windows+P moving the display back to the HTPC (laptop) screen and then right back to the television. Whenever it pops up now, I just do that and it no longer desyncs again after 10 or 15 minutes.

No idea why it started popping up seemingly out of nowhere--not sure if the culprit is the television or what, but it's been fine up until now and no settings have been changed on it--but it's way better than having to go back/forward ~8 times in each movie.