Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

When you sync files with Plex, are they encrypted or anything or are they just copies of the original with the same filename and file type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ali Aces posted:

They aren't encrypted. They might be transcoded to work on your device, and they're named by some id that isn't meant to be human-understandable, though it does keep the appropriate extension.

Thanks. Looks like I'm pulling the trigger on premium tonight!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thanks for the quick reply. Shame it's not integrated but at least it's not a hassle. Good enough for the time being!

I kind of like it that way. I wouldn't want to browse my own media and my friends media mixed together. Switching is as easy as using a drop down menu though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanks for the code! I've been meaning to upgrade my monthly for awhile and kept forgetting.