Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

THF13 posted:

I keep sonarr/radarr behind nginx reverse proxy and protect it with basic auth/fail2ban.
I use the swag (previously letsencrypt) docker container which does essentially all of that for me.

Do you have this in a stack? If so can you post it with your credentials obviously taken out. I've been trying to get swag set up to be able to access this stuff outside of the home but I've had no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Greekonomics posted:

I’ve been running a Plex server off of my old laptop for a couple of years now, but it seems to be on its last legs. I saw someone in the Giant Bomb thread mention running Plex off of a NAS server so I’ve been looking into getting one. I’m thinking about getting a Synology DS920+ to run Plex off of and store files on. Does anyone have any experience with the DS920+? I know that earlier on in the thread someone had trouble with buffering.

I should also mention I’m not super tech-savvy, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

There is also a NAS thread that may be helpful

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2801557

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nexus6 posted:

Is there a way to tell radarr to avoid releases with hardcoded subs?

Add a release profile under: Settings -> Profiles -> Release Profiles (at the bottom)

with the subber groups you want to exclude the application

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 17, 2022

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Honestly, I didn't realize plex had 2fa so yay on this breach to get me to turn that on now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

cruft posted:

How'd you do this? Every time I've tried this over the last, like, 6 months, it just logs me into a plex app, which tells me my server is disconnected. I'm going to http://myserver:32400/

I don't understand it either. You'd think, if I was connecting to my server, it'd do more than show me a plex app and say my server isn't connected. I can see my dad's server just fine, using the app served up by my server, which isn't (apparently) connected.

try going to your "http://serverurl/manage". It should drop you in the login page.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nexus6 posted:

Is local downloading still busted? I'm trying to load up my Android tablet but every file just has the error "There was an error downloading this file" I've tried changing DNS but that doesn't work. I've also heard connecting to a different network helps but this is a wifi only tablet so I can't do that (yes, I created a hotspot using mobile data on my phone, but Plex just told me I had to connect to an unmetered wifi to download)

e: screw it, I'll copy files to SD card and open them with VLC

sometimes Android doesn't correctly recognize if it's on metered or unmetered wifi. You should be able to go to your wifi settings while connected to the network and flip it manually to unmetered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You should change your password