Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I don't know if this is a Plex issue, TV issue or Chromecast issue, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have a Sony TV with gen 2 Chromecast that I cast to from a win 10 pc using my android phone app. Last night I turned off the TV as usual before bed, leaving it on the TV input. I never turn off the Chromecast itself which has a mains power source. This morning, the TV was turned on and the input was set to the hdmi port for the Chromecast. Throughout the day it's been randomly switching input from TV or av to hdmi and showing the Plex ready screen. I've not cast anything to the Chromecast, either from my phone app or the server on my PC, so I'm utterly baffled. Any help would be gratefully received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
My Plex server has been running terribly recently, and tonight was unwatchable, so I want to try and fix it. I'm running PMS on a PC which is connected via ethernet to my BT HH5 modem/router. The HH5 has the wifi turned off and i run a Tenda Mesh wifi, from which i use my Android phone to cast Plex to a Chromecast on the 5ghz band. I noticed in PMS that it was defaulting to remote connection, and as that would cause transcoding I turned it off. However, it's now showing the server as "nearby" rather than local, and i can't work out how the hell to get it to recognise the server as being local. I've looked on the official Plex forum but any similar issues quickly descend into technical details I don't understand. My wifi setup casts Amazon Prime etc flawlessly, so it has to be a Plex issue, so any help would be very gratefully received.