Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Plex is good. That's my contribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

So far Plex on Xbone stutters where Chromecast doesn't. Kinda weird since the bone is 5hgz and AC while the Chromecast is only 2.4Ghz N

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

If it's better than the HD Homerun app on the Xbox One then I'm down.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Any idea why Plex wont let me add channels above 999 from my HD Homerun? The second page of the set up screen where I select my tuner it sees channels above 999 just fine...

But when I put in my ZIP and start selecting which channels to add nothing over 999 is checked, and no channels above 999 appear in the drop down:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I have an HDHomerun Prime, Plex Server, and an Amazon FireTV stick. 1080i video from the HDHomerun isn't deinterlaced on the FireTV with either the HDHomerun app or Plex. Apparently this is a limitation of MPEG2 video on the FireTV. I can get de-interlaced video if I force Plex to transcode the video, but the highest quality I can select is 4Mbps 720p. If I select any 1080p option (8/12/20Mbps) Plex ignores it and stays on Direct Play. Is there any reason why I can't force Plex to transcode it to high bitrate 1080p?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I figured there was a legal reason why Plex/HD Homerun didn't do a proper grid program guide. I recently put Kodi on a Raspberry Pi and it's program guide for my HD Homerun is v. nice.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

If anyone was looking to increase their Plex storage, Best Buy has a 14TB external on sale today for $190. I can't see it being much lower than that, even on BF, so now's the time to pull the trigger:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-14tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6425303.p?skuId=6425303

can you still shuck these like oysters or have they finally put a stop to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Dr. Poz posted:

100TB+ crew, checking in. Synology, single SHR-2 volume, 4x 18TB + 4x 22TB drives, all WD Reds.

I hit the maximum volume limit and had to make a runt ~1TB secondary volume.