Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

I really wish there was a plugin that created 5-7 "channels" of randomly playing content. Sometimes I want to watch a random episode and I don't want to choose.

That would be amazing. I use the Plex on my Roku all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

RARFlix on Roku (a modified Plex install) has the ability to continuously play random episodes from a specific series.

What! Nice, thanks for the heads up. Great for those times I just want to doze off to random 90s sitcoms. Thanks!

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

eddiewalker posted:

Syncing to mobile devices for mobile devices is the most compelling feature right now.

I'm underground for most of my commute. Can I pim/sync a show to watch when I'm on the train? Or am I better off just copy/pasting something directly to my phone's storage?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gariig posted:

The best part of PlexPass is that it syncs back to Plex. Let's say you have a brand new show moved to your tablet and always want 5 episodes(episodes 1-5). On your commute you watch three episodes. When you get home and Plex syncs it will realize those three episdoes are watched (on deck is episode 4), remove those three episodes from your tablet, and queue up three more to transcode and copy over. If during the night you watch two more (on deck episode 6) and your tablet syncs it will get episodes 6-11 transcoded and copied over.

If you do this manually copy/pasting you have to tell Plex you watched the shows. Plus transcoding if needed.

That sounds great. I just need to stomach that $79 price before it's too late.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does the Mobile Sync work when you're outside of the home network? For example, I'll be in a hotel next week and it would be neat if I could grab local encodes of a few shows for the plane ride home.

Yes. I sync up shows at work that I can watch on the train ride home.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GTO posted:

It does but it can be buggy and unreliable. There are some longstanding threads on their forums with people having issues losing their data when syncing remotely. You also have to deal with bandwidth issues, both your home Internet and the hotel's download speeds.

I have good bandwidth, didn't know about the data loss thing. Do you mean the files will delete from my home computer?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How long do maintenances normally last? I want to sync up some stuff for my train ride home.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Heners_UK posted:

FileBot or theRenamer

Is one better than the other? I was hoping to download files to a directory or 3 so they can seed, have one of these tools copy to my NAS and then rename it. The important part is not to mess up the original file name while it's in the original location so I can keep my ratio in check.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I just copy-drag the files into the Sonarr watch folder, and it handles the renaming/moving/organisation without a fuss (unless someone has really botched the filenames).

Thanks. Do you recommend it over the other 2?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's different, because it's a full media management tool. It's mainly designed to scour Usenet for files (Dev version does torrents too now) but it's great for keeping tabs on your entire collection in one go. From what I've used of filebot it's basically a 'put files in, get renamed files out' solution. I have it installed for when I need to clean up things I don't necessarily need in my archive.

Sonarr.tv is their site, it gives a decent overview of what it does and you can work out whether it's what your looking for, or if it's overkill.

Oh nice! I haven't touched Usenet in a long time but If I do I'll have this bookmarked. Thanks again.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I'm late but is there anyway to get Plex to just play the newest items for a show one after another? Since I updated, when I hit play on the show it tries to play everything from the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks teagone!