Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Pander posted:

For some reason I thought that didn't actually constitute an out. It does!

It seemed weird to me too - something lingering in my mind about throwing equipment, like how you can't deflect a ball in the air with your glove? - but I love the result!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
How quickly we forget

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Xenophon posted:

It seemed weird to me too - something lingering in my mind about throwing equipment, like how you can't deflect a ball in the air with your glove? - but I love the result!

That has happened before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P97YGzkCRj4

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Xenophon posted:

Yeah, you can't throw your glove at the ball, or catch the ball with any other part of your equipment (hat, mask, etc) but throwing the glove with the ball in it is fair game.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
So throwback uniforms are often hilarious/stupid.

To demonstrate, Tim Lincecum stuffs a wadded up towel inside his jersey and cosplays as a goon portly 1940's era manager while running out the lineup card on Saturday.

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

Dude, check it. It's a trash can. And a rollerblade.

Now shovel some cheese curls into my trash hole...
And before that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6teIloOoUMY

Anyone by chance have anything older?

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

Mister Perky posted:

So throwback uniforms are often hilarious/stupid.

To demonstrate, Tim Lincecum stuffs a wadded up towel inside his jersey and cosplays as a goon portly 1940's era manager while running out the lineup card on Saturday.

I thought he was going for a bochy belly

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can find an angle of the Wil Myers' inside the park HR where you can see Beltran just sort of watching it happen?

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Es no weenie wednesday today eh.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Come backers are always scary as gently caress

Although I miss that one pitcher who was also a goalie and did splits and poo poo on comebackers

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

HelfMyselp posted:

And before that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6teIloOoUMY

Anyone by chance have anything older?

That's definitely the one I grew up with.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Not sure if this source likes embedded links and it's too big for imgur, so: http://giant.gfycat.com/NeatMeekHuman.gif

PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Poque posted:

Not sure if this source likes embedded links and it's too big for imgur, so: http://giant.gfycat.com/NeatMeekHuman.gif

Jesus that could have been so much worse.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Does that hit his shoulder on the way by, or just miss hitting him?

I remember I went to a Royals/Red Sox game back in the mid 90's, I was sitting in the lower level, probably 15 rows up on the first base side. Mo Vaughn just turned on an off speed pitch and ripped it into the stands like two rows in front of me. It hit an empty seat and then bounced forward harmlessly back onto the field. But the empty seat was occupied by a 2 year old about ten seconds earlier, his Dad picked him up to put him on his lap.

The kid probably would have died, and then we'd have a bunch of .gifs of Mo Vaughn killing people instead of Josh Hamilton.

That's my Mo Vaughn story, anyone have a .gif of Mo?

RalphTheWonderLlama
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is serious business.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Come backers are always scary as gently caress

Although I miss that one pitcher who was also a goalie and did splits and poo poo on comebackers

I don't know if anyone has done a gif of his "saves" from youtube, but his baseball card is also great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Poque posted:

It's so hypnotic to see who has the quickest reaction time. There's a whole row of people who flinch to the left, but the woman at the end reacts late

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Harlock posted:

It's so hypnotic to see who has the quickest reaction time. There's a whole row of people who flinch to the left, but the woman at the end reacts late
No kidding. Check out the middle-aged lady apparently texting just above Pearce's helmet. That girl next to the guy in green (who's busy ushering the ball) has awful reflexes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

From here: http://yakyubaka.com/2014/05/06/562014-orix-buffaloes-announces-wily-mo-penas-home-run-150-meters-estimate/

Someone make a better gif tia

Wily Mo Pena hit a HR that bounced off the roof

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Jerkface posted:

From here: http://yakyubaka.com/2014/05/06/562014-orix-buffaloes-announces-wily-mo-penas-home-run-150-meters-estimate/

Someone make a better gif tia

Wily Mo Pena hit a HR that bounced off the roof

I'm always amused watching teams acclimate Japanese players into their goofing around / celebrations in the MLB, but watching it happen in Japan is just as good. That victory dance he does with Shunta at ~1:00 is hilarious.

edit: On second watch, the announcer totally says Dinger when they announce its a home run. Thank you Japanese just taking words, you have made my week.

Lobsterboy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 11, 2014

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Poque posted:

I wonder what the death toll would be if the netting behind home plate was taken away

Suddenly home plate seats are cheaper than bleachers

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

That was called interference, right?

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm hoping someone does a split screen of that exact thing happening to a ball dude like an inning and a half earlier.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Reminds me of a guy I used to bowl with.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Is that Careless Whisper?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

JackssWastedLife posted:

Is that Careless Whisper?

You know it! Josh Reddick is awesome.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Why even make that throw? Runner was through the bag and slowing down before the ball sailed over him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I've never seen a shortstop make a 90 foot throw go 250 feet before.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

Why even make that throw? Runner was through the bag and slowing down before the ball sailed over him.

Not true. The ball is right above the runner as he reaches first.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Smooth as gently caress

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Smooth as gently caress

smooth.gif

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The best part is that the kid is giving those girls some other ball, not the game ball that he caught in the glove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

MassaShowtime posted:

The best part is that the kid is giving those girls some other ball, not the game ball that he caught in the glove.

He probably caught 2 fouls.

• Locked thread