Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

No surprise there...

I'm sorry lol, but I need more time.

3 seasons is a really good run considering the issues we've had with recruiting and coaching bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm just loving with ya, I'm not surprised that real life, EAs lovely product support or any other factors might be colluding to take ya out tha game

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

At least I get to unleash 97OVR 97SPD halfback Keith Marshall :getin:

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

drat, this is going to be my last Cocktail Party with you. I need to bring it this time

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm going to try to advance us tonight since I think we should be r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We've advanced. JB and Z play this week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Miss St. It's taking you twice the carries to get 100 and 3 TDs more than I. Todd Gurley is truly unstoppable. Don't make me put up 700yds 10TDs per game.
but can he do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y33JN-HL1fM

I wish it showed that I audibled into that, I called a running play but it looked like they were coming with a blitz.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You call that a highlight lol? If EA would allow me I'd download some of my best - by my backup HB.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

You call that a highlight lol? If EA would allow me I'd download some of my best - by my backup HB.
Hey man, baby steps.

I wish everyone weren't dropping out of the dynasties right as I am starting to get better! Are you doing Madden after this, or another sports game?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I will have time this afternoon/evening or tomorrow later afternoon to play our game buddy. Time to find out if I take over the SEC East before you bow out.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Hey man, baby steps.

I wish everyone weren't dropping out of the dynasties right as I am starting to get better! Are you doing Madden after this, or another sports game?

I'm only dropping out of this league. Last night I made it official as I took 4 guys off of redshirt who were going to be rated 94OVR or higher by next season. There's no turning back now. As for Madden, I'm in the PS4 league but they move too fast for me, and I need more free time. Don't know how long I'll stick around in there.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I will have time this afternoon/evening or tomorrow later afternoon to play our game buddy. Time to find out if I take over the SEC East before you bow out.

Based on our teams' ratings, you don't stand a chance. It looks like recruiting has not gone well for you. I'm not sure if I can play tonight so look for me to post here this evening. I'd like to leave my weekend nights/afternoons open so if we don't end up playing tonight then let's try for Sunday morning.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Based on our teams' ratings, you don't stand a chance. It looks like recruiting has not gone well for you. I'm not sure if I can play tonight so look for me to post here this evening. I'd like to leave my weekend nights/afternoons open so if we don't end up playing tonight then let's try for Sunday morning.

By the ratings you should have blown me out last season but I lead by 4 going into the 4th. So...just have to see how it plays out, this Mizzou team has some quality offensive players.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Man the next two weeks will be brutal.

Missouri followed by Kentucky.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

By the ratings you should have blown me out last season but I lead by 4 going into the 4th. So...just have to see how it plays out, this Mizzou team has some quality offensive players.

Any chance you could play at 6pm CT?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Any chance you could play at 6pm CT?

In the middle of chores and noticed this a little late, what about 7 or 7:30 CT?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yea that's fine.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Yea that's fine.

See you about 7:15.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

GA over Mizzou 38-21. We were tied at 21 going into the second half but the Tigers' offense forgot to come back out.

I gotta admit that MLB I have is speedy and definitely used his quickness to play catch up on those INTs.

GG, ZSB

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

GA over Mizzou 38-21. We were tied at 21 going into the second half but the Tigers' offense forgot to come back out.

I gotta admit that MLB I have is speedy and definitely used his quickness to play catch up on those INTs.

GG, ZSB

Had a lot of opportunities, moving the ball wasn't the problem. Red zone INTs basically made the margin. I was in it until the middle of the 4th. Oh well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

UK and Miss St. are number 1 and 2 respectively. Heads will roll for this.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Everyone ok with advancing tonight or tomorrow?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

Everyone ok with advancing tonight or tomorrow?

Yeah I'll get mine in within the hour

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
#9 Auburn welcomes #4 Ole Miss and sends them out of town with a 49-23 upset loss. r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sorry I've been dragging rear end on the advance, but I've had stuff scheduled every night after work. Wife leaves on Friday for the weekend, so it will get advanced then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I need e-football to cope with what just happened in Arlington, TX.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Calm down, your team didn't draft Blake loving Bortles

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ya...we just drafted at a completely unnecessary position.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Ya...we just drafted at a completely unnecessary position.

Doug Free is an awful tackle why are you complaining?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doug Free is an awful tackle why are you complaining?

No he is not. He was a couple of years ago until we drafted Tyron Smith and moved him to RT.

Now he is...above average. Meanwhile we're abysmal at DT, OLB, and Safety.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Meh just seems like the Cowboys want to go the route the Saints went when they won their Super Bowl.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, I actually thought the 'boys made a solid, if unspectacular pick there. With Frederick, Smith and Martin, that's a strong OL

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We had the number 5 offense, and the 32nd defense. The only problem on our offense is playcalling. We've lost Ware, Spencer had major knee surgery, and we still have Jeff Heath at safety.

Nothing about the pick was good. Sorry guys but that choice is pretty indefensible with two good safeties still on the board.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I still think you've got a great safety on the board in Jimmie Ward, still a LOT of quality DBs, and plenty of DL players. LB feels like the only defensive position that the draft isn't still stocked with

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

9ers took Ward

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Lol, I left right before that pick was announced, so yeah, I feel you now

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I honestly think we should've moved Mo Claiborne to FS a couple of years ago. He plays really good in zone and would have the speed to be rangy.

But real talk, you guys may be hosed. Bort has an arm but that's about it. Let's hope you guys have some great coaches to fix him.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Know the Cowboys, they do not value Safety at all so I never belived that they would take anyone in the first round. I know they wanted Aaron Donald and once he was gone I thought they would have looked to trade down but could not find a trading partner so they took the BPA on their board.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

Know the Cowboys, they do not value Safety at all so I never belived that they would take anyone in the first round. I know they wanted Aaron Donald and once he was gone I thought they would have looked to trade down but could not find a trading partner so they took the BPA on their board.

Which is strange seeing as they once had Darren Woodson, and the fact that those positions have haunted us since.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

But real talk, you guys may be hosed. Bort has an arm but that's about it. Let's hope you guys have some great coaches to fix him.

I audibly was yelling out gently caress and why God why after that pick. Bortles will sit a year and maybe that year under Henne can improve his decision making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I FINALLY played my game and advanced us. I'll update in a moment with the matchups. Only one I know for sure is UF is on a bye

UF - BYE
UK - BYE

UGA vs Vandy
Aub vs TAMU

Mizzou vs Miss St

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 12, 2014

• Locked thread