Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll AP him tomorrow for your game and look for new rosters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I've talked with the Capn, but it didn't sound like he was likely to have the time with 2 kids to return anytime soon.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I went ahead and bumped Capn from this a while ago. I'd like to get through this season so we'll advance after UGA vs Aub is played. Aub is currently AP'd

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're r2a. This Georgia rushing attack is unreal.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Alright, I'll advance us later this evening and will update here. Is the SECCG UK vs UGA this year?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Alright, I'll advance us later this evening and will update here. Is the SECCG UK vs UGA this year?

Nah. AF got a win when I briefly left and we were unable to reverse the results. Looks like he'll be matched up against Cletus.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
UK and UGA are both in the East, so that match-up couldn't happen anyway. I'm sure JB will be rooting for me again in the rematch, hoping to sneak into the BCSCG if I can get the win.

Kansas State, the only undefeated CPU team, still has #16 Texas and #14 TCU to play. Would like to see them get knocked off for the possibility of an all-SEC BCSCG.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FYI we advanced a some point a couple of days ago.

Kentucky (AF) vs Mizzou (ZSB) is our only UvU game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'd like to try and do this Wednesday, maybe Tuesday night. But otherwise it'll have to wait till next week sorry guys.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
How late can you stay up? I wont be able to play until at least 10:30 PM Central.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

How late can you stay up? I wont be able to play until at least 10:30 PM Central.

That may be possible, just have to see how I'm doing today. I'll post up tonight around then if I can play.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Sorry for making you wait on me without a response. I've been busy, doing nothing but working and sleeping, not even turning the xbox on. And with the server crash I really got lost. I still wanna be in the league, just had a minor lapse here.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

It is no problem buddy. We are just trying to get through this season before we reset for the 2014 season

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AF, maybe an hour if you can do it then? 1130 CT?

e: I guess not tonight. Maybe tomorrow, if not then next Monday or later.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 2, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I got about 5 insta commits last night.. including one from a QB who has 94 Speed and 96 Acceleration. :getin:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

I got about 5 insta commits last night.. including one from a QB who has 94 Speed and 96 Acceleration. :getin:

All for not seeing as we're rebooting.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
It felt good though. I have never had that happen with that skill.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Soooo my brand new apartment complex hosed up and did not supply me with power in my living room, therefore my setup with Time Warner has been delayed to next Saturday. If this problem can be fixed soon I'll try and get an earlier date scheduled for installation.

Where do we stand with this week's games?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Looks like Missouri and Kentucky still need to play.

Auburn also has a game, but I'm not sure if Wreckus is going to play it or just wait for the restart to get active again.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

AF, maybe an hour if you can do it then? 1130 CT?

e: I guess not tonight. Maybe tomorrow, if not then next Monday or later.

Hey it's Monday. Want to try for around 10:30 PM tonight?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Hey it's Monday. Want to try for around 10:30 PM tonight?

Having just flown in from a weekend away, tomorrow night will probably be the better time. But I can definitely do it then tomorrow.

If that changes I'll let you know but I doubt I'm gonna be up to play tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tonight or no?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Yeah lets go tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Yeah lets go tonight.

See you 1030 CT, earlier or later?

E: any chance to play between 7-8 ct?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 10, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I can make it at 10:30 pm. I'll still be at work at 7-8.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

I can make it at 10:30 pm. I'll still be at work at 7-8.

e: Slow start ruined UK's chances of keeping their undefeated season alive as Mizzou turned a 24-7 halftime lead into a 34-21 victory. Game's big moment came at the end of the third where I got a 4th down stop and then scored 3 plays later before the quarter expired to put me up by 20 instead of 13. Another score there from UK instead and this probably comes down to the final possession.

Figured this team was good for at least 1 upset, but the SEC East is still UK's to claim.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 10, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I will advance this today when I'm at my xbox

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have advanced. No user games, but everyone has a CPU game

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll aim to play it tomorrow or Saturday.

Kentucky vs Miss St for the SEC Title coming soon. I suspect winner may catapult themselves into a game with Georgia. Which would nastily bump me from a BCS game thanks to losing early in the season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Kentucky vs Miss St for the SEC Title coming soon. I suspect winner may catapult themselves into a game with Georgia. Which would nastily bump me from a BCS game thanks to losing early in the season.
Still hoping for Kansas State (CPU, #1 ranked) to lose a game - next opponent is Texas, who are now unranked, but that's followed with a game with #9 TCU.

Right now #2 to #6 are user teams across all three rankings. I'm interested to see how the bowl games turn out.

My internet has been out for 24+ hours now, TWC has a service outage in my area and I guess it is a major issue for it to take this long to address. Hopefully I can get my game in tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Still hoping for Kansas State (CPU, #1 ranked) to lose a game - next opponent is Texas, who are now unranked, but that's followed with a game with #9 TCU.

Right now #2 to #6 are user teams across all three rankings. I'm interested to see how the bowl games turn out.

My internet has been out for 24+ hours now, TWC has a service outage in my area and I guess it is a major issue for it to take this long to address. Hopefully I can get my game in tonight.

TWC just upgraded my internet service and handed me a sweet new router/modem so I now live in a world where I have 350 mbps down. I don't even know what I should do with that much bandwidth, stream things every day forever just cause?

It did take them 2 weeks longer than projected to get me this item, and they tried to send a tech to install it when it didn't need one and I still had to call them and float through 3 transfers to get a dude in Dallas who sounded baked as gently caress trying to fix the problem. So basically gently caress TWC, I can't wait for Google Fiber, but in the meantime...

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Haha, I just came from TWC and they upgraded me to 50 Mbps down for only $4 a month and we only have Verizon Fios out here. I would love to live in a world where they give me 350.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Haha, I just came from TWC and they upgraded me to 50 Mbps down for only $4 a month and we only have Verizon Fios out here. I would love to live in a world where they give me 350.

Fios was really nice. I liked having it when I lived in VA.

The big plus so far is the wireless range is a lot better.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Miss St r2a.

Egg Bowl not as much fun without Piper. Crushed Ole Miss 63-3.

Robinson has to have the Heisman on lock now, if he hadn't already. Rushed for 218 yards and 5 TDs, with another 40 yards and 1 TD through the air, so 6 total TD in the game.

QB Prescott had a killer 47 yard rushing TD, backup HB Milton got a 101 yard return TD, and CB Paul got a pick 6. One of the most dominating games I've played against the CPU.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

G-Tech was a little feisty but they caved in the end. We're r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

G-Tech was a little feisty but they caved in the end. We're r2a
What happened to Gurley? I've noticed he hasn't been rushing many times per game lately. Injury or just playing with your other guys while you have the chance?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

What happened to Gurley? I've noticed he hasn't been rushing many times per game lately. Injury or just playing with your other guys while you have the chance?

Exactly the latter. I benched him on Week 7, and to be honest, it was a mistake. He's clearly a better runner than Marshall.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright, let's get to the SECCG rematch!

I'm also a bit bummed about restarting with this recruiting class. #2 ranked class right now with 3 5*, and at least one more that's a sure thing right now. This team would be insane next season.

But I am looking forward to repeating the recruiting success with LSU for sure. :)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

May not be able to advance this til tomorrow night. In the library, then I have a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Advancing this. Will update, but I think this might be a dead week. If there's no games, I'm skipping right to the next week

• Locked thread