Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

I'll be ready around 11:30

E: GA all day, 35-14. I'm not quite sure whet went wrong for you AF.

I'm not either. One of my defensive linemen seems to get in your backfield on almost every play but could not make the tackle. Offensivaly.. I played really conservative but it's what I have to do with a QB with poor Throwing Strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You did big things with Whitlow the past couple of seasons. He was one of the lowest rated starting QBs outside of UTs roster when you started and you had him in heisman contention this year. Can't wait to see what you do with the fresh start

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey Dio, are you going to make a post-season wrap-up post with top stats/etc? I'm curious to see where I ranked. I know I ended up leading in a few categories.

Of course there is an asterisk on the season since I think I played at most 4 user games, and lost 2 of those (KENTUCKY UGHHH, I really wanted to see how I could fare against Georgia with this team!).

Oh and did you have new people who were going to join up on the restart? Anyone that we lost/never had from ACC/BigPac that might join?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

No new interest so far.

I plan to do a season wrap up and if I had archives I'd do a dynasty wrap up

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey Cletus, I think you once mentioned to me how you were looking for more games. Are you not aware that we have a B1G/PAC 12 dynasty?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I thought cletus was Michigan???

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I thought cletus was Michigan???

You're right...but for some reason he's not showing as the user coach.
Cletus, did you drop?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
The Auburn Tigers finish their season at 8-5 after handily beating the Hurricanes of Da U 49-21.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

You're right...but for some reason he's not showing as the user coach.
Cletus, did you drop?
Nope, I'm still there - I'm playing TCU in my bowl game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

There's a guy named Fletchsquire who is on my XBL friends list and he's on NCAA a bunch.

Isn't he a goon? I ask because I'm considering shooting him a message to see if he's interested in joining any of our leagues.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Never heard of him but feel free to invite non goons or whomever might be into this. Might try to get the restart going this weekend

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm playing with some other people who schedule games through GroupMe (some chat site, had never heard of it before - found it during the stretch of days SA was down). I could ask if anyone wants to join up, but the paywall might be a problem.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I am willing to work with one or two people who are not members so long as they provide an alternative way to schedule games and stay in touch (email, gchat, facebook, etc.).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I am willing to work with one or two people who are not members so long as they provide an alternative way to schedule games and stay in touch (email, gchat, facebook, etc.).
Okay, I'll wait and see how many spots we can fill with goons before asking anyone there.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have plenty of open spots, so it's not a problem if you want to broach it sooner than later

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

We have plenty of open spots, so it's not a problem if you want to broach it sooner than later
Getting asked what teams are available.

LSU - me
Florida - you
A&M - JB

Who else is sticking around and with what teams?

I can just tell them to wait and I'll let them know.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah if you guys can go ahead and make known what teams you want that would be great. I think Z will prolly hop off that mizzou train

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'll take Tennessee this time around.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

I'll take Tennessee this time around.

I believe ZSB has a mancrush on Tyler Bray.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
If he wants them then I'll take either Ole' Miss or Auburn.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

As of now, users have claims on whatever team they are currently unless they've expressed otherwise (a la Z ), so Auburn is still held by Texas A. Wreckus and Ole Miss is still held by Piper (if he wants it) unless they dictate otherwise. Alabama is wide open, as is USCe and if Z vacated Mizzou that is open too

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Alright guys, I've got my final exam coming up soon, but I want to try to start this dynasty ASAP, so on Thursday night or over the weekend I am going to create this dynasty. If anyone wants to suggest a dynasty roster (or I guess what I'm really asking is, will someone research the best roster for us to use), I would really really appreciate it. AfterFather, it would be totally unfair of you to leave Ole Miss claimed to Piper (who is not with us anymore), so I am going to put you down for them. You have the right of first selection if you change your mind. As of right now, here are our claimed teams:

UF : Diodeous
USCe: John Brown
LSU: cletus42o
UT: The Notorious ZSB
Alabama: AfterFather
Auburn: Texas A. Wreckus

Unclaimed teams:
TAMU
Missouri
Georgia
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Miss St

How many user teams can we have maximum? 12? cletus has broached the idea of adding people from outside of SA and in the interest of the dynasty, I am going to allow cletus to extend an invitation to up to 4 players right now. After I create a new thread, I will open the remaining spots to any goons who might be interested in returning or maybe new blood. If they end up not being interested, I will allow the remaining two spots totally up for grabs for non-goons, friends of yours who might be interested, second x-boxes, whatever. I really enjoy playing with you guys and I enjoy doing the write-ups, so I want to be able to keep doing that and I feel like opening up outside of SA might help. cletus said the guys he plays with are very active and play every 2-3 days (and I think that fits with what we want) and that right now they use GroupMe to schedule games, but can see our posts in this thread without registering. I would create and maintain a GroupMe chat or whatever is necessary to facilitate communication between goons/norms, but I want your input. Pipe up, roaddogs

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 24, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Give me Bama then. I dont want to take a team from someone else.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Can you handle that? Kentucky to Bama is like a Tercel to a Testarossa

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

As well as Georgia :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I graduated from Tenn in 09 so that's why I want to take them over. Also yes I have a crush on Bray just chuckin bombs downfield. He'll make a great Andy Reid QB when Alex Smith finally cries himself into retirement from not getting enough "respect".

AF you'll get to school me every season with Bama so there's that.

I've got no issue with outsiders, as long as they communicate by some means to here.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

May potentially have time to get this started tonight, so keep your eyes open for invites. I'll start a new thread probably tomorrow if I get things rolling tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I want to make sure we're all on the same page because I think I confused myself.

Did we decide we are just starting over with the 2013-14 season, are we starting with a modified roster for the 2014-15 season, or are we starting with a modified roster for the 2014-15 season that includes Johnny Manziel?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Diodeous posted:

I want to make sure we're all on the same page because I think I confused myself.

Did we decide we are just starting over with the 2013-14 season, are we starting with a modified roster for the 2014-15 season, or are we starting with a modified roster for the 2014-15 season that includes Johnny Manziel?

I vote we use a modified roster that reflects the 2014-15 season rosters. Personally I think Johnny Football shouldn't be in it, but I don't really care about that either way. He always stays in virtual football world anyway.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was thinking of doing that in the interest of fairness. As much as I'd love for JB to have JFF, I would also hate to inflict that on other users. (Prolly not starting the dynasty tonight. Got sucked into hwk)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I was thinking of doing that in the interest of fairness. As much as I'd love for JB to have JFF, I would also hate to inflict that on other users. (Prolly not starting the dynasty tonight. Got sucked into hwk)

I only wanted JFF as a consolation for giving up LSU. I'll take USCe

E:i don't care for any particular rosters other than accurate ones (ratings-wise).

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
I'll stick with Auburn.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Between Kyle Allen and Kenny Hill I think Texas A&M will be ok. If Kenny Hill has decent arm strength he could be scary. John Brown would have some monster receivers in Ricky Seals-Jones and Speedy Noil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

cletus, please extend the invite to the outsiders and let us know

New thread homies
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652899

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 24, 2014

• Locked thread