Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

so how are they able to charge for this because AFAIK, Steen is under contract to ROH and Fox, Swann and Gargano are to WWNLive or whatever the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

RoH and Gabe fed guys have done Chikara PPVs. I think the prohibition applies more to the other side than other indies.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

RoH and Gabe fed guys have done Chikara PPVs. I think the prohibition applies more to the other side than other indies.

AIW was able to a few times then they got the no go from ROH at least. I don't think Gabe really cares other than no ROH tbh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I really wouldn't quibble over an iPPV that will do sub 100 numbers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

yeah I really wouldn't quibble over an iPPV that will do sub 100 numbers.

Well look whose being wildly optimistic.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Prince Devitt is booked for the 18th May, PROGRESS show in London.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Domalom posted:

Prince Devitt is booked for the 18th May, PROGRESS show in London.

I've been thinking about going to see some ProWres in London for a while now. This might put me over the edge. Is PROGRESS a good time? What can I expect?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Raffles posted:

I've been thinking about going to see some ProWres in London for a while now. This might put me over the edge. Is PROGRESS a good time? What can I expect?

You should go. It's going to be a great show and if you don't book your tickets now you won't be able as they always sell out

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently Jeff Jarrett going down to IWA-Mid South didn't work out so well:

quote:

John Williams (Ian Rotten)

about an hour ago.

So, I will address the 500 lb elephant in the room in full.

Jeff Jarrett was paid half of his money tonight and was told he would get the rest of it in 2 or 3 days as through one way or another, or just plain stupidity, we forgot to get the advance money out of PayPal. I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but it occurred. Am I embarrassed about it? Yes, but a very intoxicated Jeff Jarretts actions... to follow would be absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. INCLUDING knocking the glasses off of John Calvins face, taking said glasses, and for a time period threatening to not give them back and break them. Screaming at numerous people in the dressing room that it was their fault, they were behind it like some paranoid coked out raging idiot. Not saying he WAS coked out, but I will say he was drunk, him and Karen both and I have a locker room full of people that will back me up on it.

Jeff Jarrett will get his money in a couple days as promised, then he can spend it on a defense attorney as I will be going to the sheriffs department to swear a warrant out on him tomorrow for assault on a minor. This was not some wrestling angle or anything of that nature, and he had no right to take it out on anyone else but me. Don't get me wrong, I was wrong. We should have had that taken care of, but Jeffs actions after that along with Karen insisting on going out to the ring to interrupt Drakes speech was absolutely despicable. That is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I need a video of all of this immediately.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I'm not familiar with the US' legal system, but "knocking off sunglasses"="assault on a minor"? I assume Rotten is just full of poo poo as usual, and something like that isn't really an assault per law, is it?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

I'm not familiar with the US' legal system, but "knocking off sunglasses"="assault on a minor"? I assume Rotten is just full of poo poo as usual, and something like that isn't really an assault per law, is it?

if he struck the kid, its assault. IIRC John Calvin is in his 20s though?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is anyone here planning on going to the aiw show this Friday by chance? I'm thinking about going but I'm not sure yet

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

coconono posted:

if he struck the kid, its assault. IIRC John Calvin is in his 20s though?

According to the reports that are spreading across the internet Calvin is 17.

Which is funny as I'm sure he's been 17 now for a few years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

so how are they able to charge for this because AFAIK, Steen is under contract to ROH and Fox, Swann and Gargano are to WWNLive or whatever the gently caress

steen is no longer under roh contract.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

John Cena posted:

steen is no longer under roh contract.

Does ROH have any big names under contract anymore? Seems everyone's declining to re-sign and choosing to freelance.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

According to the reports that are spreading across the internet Calvin is 17.

Which is funny as I'm sure he's been 17 now for a few years.

It's as high as they can count. Oddly enough the same goes for Feinstein.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

It's as high as they can count. Oddly enough the same goes for Feinstein.

:golfclap:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Does ROH have any big names under contract anymore? Seems everyone's declining to re-sign and choosing to freelance.

pretty sure Cole and Elgin are.

I think they backed off their old policy of letting guys out of contracts to go to WWE and now nobody wants to agree to them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
THE FIRST SIGNING OF JEFF JARRETT'S GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING IS....

Lance Hoyt lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

THE FIRST SIGNING OF JEFF JARRETT'S GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING IS....

Lance Hoyt lol

Lance Hoyt rules actually

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Raffles posted:

I've only watched the DVD's so far but it seems really good. Some of the best British/Irish talent and a pretty good crowd. They announced Devitt is facing Zack Sabre Jr. on the 18th May, but i think tickets might be sold out now.

RevPro is also pretty good and does shows in London. They have Nakamura vs. Zack Sabre Jr. in June.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oatgan posted:

Lance Hoyt rules actually

He's great in a tag team with Davey Boy Smith Jr and when going against 10+ year Japanese veterans. Against indie geeks I don't expect much.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Domalom posted:

I've only watched the DVD's so far but it seems really good. Some of the best British/Irish talent and a pretty good crowd. They announced Devitt is facing Zack Sabre Jr. on the 18th May, but i think tickets might be sold out now.

RevPro is also pretty good and does shows in London. They have Nakamura vs. Zack Sabre Jr. in June.

Yeah I wanted to go to that RevPro show as I think Steen is on the card too, but I'm out of town that weekend.

Nevertheless I took apsouthern's advice and got tickets for me and gf for PROGRESS 13 so I'll be there to see Devitt and Zack. It'll be her first wrestling show ever and mine since the days of 1PW in Doncaster.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

njsykora posted:

He's great in a tag team with Davey Boy Smith Jr and when going against 10+ year Japanese veterans. Against indie geeks I don't expect much.

I agree, but that doesn't make it a bad signing. He can still destroy Kahagas and Luke Hawx or whatever losers Jeff Jarrett signs no problem

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Yeah the 15th June card now has Steen, Nakamura, Zack Sabre Jr., Karl Anderson and Adam Cole.

Might see you at the Progress show. Main is their first ladder match too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oatgan posted:

I agree, but that doesn't make it a bad signing. He can still destroy Kahagas and Luke Hawx or whatever losers Jeff Jarrett signs no problem

A bad signing no, but would you make him the first guy announced for your promotion?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

njsykora posted:

A bad signing no, but would you make him the first guy announced for your promotion?

I don't know if he's been "officially" announced. A picture was tweeted of Hoyt, the Jarretts and Burke with the suggestion that he was in.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

I don't know if he's been "officially" announced. A picture was tweeted of Hoyt, the Jarretts and Burke with the suggestion that he was in.

no they tweeted that he was the first signing. Or Hoyt did at least.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sportsgenius86 posted:

no they tweeted that he was the first signing. Or Hoyt did at least.

I haven't seen anything from GFW. Hoyt's Twitter has that photo of him with the Jarretts and Burke and the caption, "What could this Pic be saying!" along with a bunch of retweets of fan speculation and random GFW stuff.

So he's pretty much in, but I wouldn't call it an official announcement.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ron Funches wore a Best Friends shirt on At Midnight last Thursday night

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 15, 2014

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Domalom posted:

Yeah the 15th June card now has Steen, Nakamura, Zack Sabre Jr., Karl Anderson and Adam Cole.

Might see you at the Progress show. Main is their first ladder match too.

Got tickets for both, although I'm not sure yet if I'll make the Progress show since it's on a Sunday. Early starter though at least

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Are there any decent indies in the Portland or outside-of-Seattle Washington area? I know that Seattle's sports administration makes it impossible to start a fed there but I know Portland has history as an NWA territory.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gavok posted:

A photo like this?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bard Maddox posted:

Border City Wrestling in Windsor is running with New Japan guys (and Booker T, but who fuckin cares) on May 9, the night before the RoH show in Toronto. Also: Kongo Kong!

This show just had Chris Sabin added to it, and it's super likely that he'll have a match against Okada, Nakamura or Tanahashi, which I am very excited about.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Can't wait to see their response to "How big is Batista's dick?" http://www.highspots.com/p/youshoot_ICP.html

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The ISW crew answered questions on reddit.

Highlight was the booker's top Steve The Turtle moments.

quote:

1- Not wanting to lose to Giant Tiger. 2- Cutting a promo about a cage match with Eddie Kingston that we never booked. 3 - Noticing a run in Addy's hose while she was wrestling, and telling her after the match. The run was around her crotch, and he would have had to stare real hard to notice it. 4 - His entrance in Hartford. Drove his car right into the venue. It was amazing. 5 - He told me the other day that he really wants to gently caress Sara Palin.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The ISW crew answered questions on reddit.

Highlight was the booker's top Steve The Turtle moments.

Baldip's follow up:

quote:

An honorable mention from me: back in February when Beyond had the show where the ring broke, he was put in charge of running the crew to go get the replacement ring from a nearby school. From what I heard, he nearly got in a head-on accident with a fan while speeding down the highway at ridiculous speeds and swerving into oncoming traffic.

WHO IS DRIVING CAR? OH MY GOD TURTLE IS DRIVING CAR HOW CAN THIS BE?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bard Maddox posted:

Our favorite stupid indie, 2CW, is having another iPPV in ten days. Sadly it isn't free. This is the card:

This is tonight! Remember:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

FANS IN TOGAS BRING THE WEAPONS!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Bard Maddox posted:

Here's a link to buy. It's only :10bux: and should be over before my local airing of Hannibal so I might check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

HELL YES

• Locked thread