Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

:siren:Demo is out for 3DS and Vita!:siren:

Its time for classmating!

Monsters have invaded the world of Aterra, and only a few special individuals, imbued with the power of the Star God, are equipped to fight it. With only a small group of warriors and a narrow window of time in which their powers are at their peak, the solution is clear: combine your Star power to make magical Star Children to boost up your forces in battle!

The life of a student can be complicated when you're exploring dungeons, fighting monsters, AND trying to maintain a high school lifestyle. Learn to balance your activities because the deeper the bond you have with your classmates, the stronger the Star Children youll make! In this stimulating JRPG, you'll be able to create bonds with 7 different female Disciples and create 24 classes of Star Children, so you must learn how to create the perfect Star Children for any situation. In no time, you'll have dozens of powerful kids with different skills that can take on everything the monsters throw at you.

-Combine Star power to make magical Star Children
-Create bonds with 7 different female Disciples
-Save Aterra, venture through dungeons & defeat monsters

All seven of Conception II’s heroines have their own personality traits and quirks, which you will have to learn if you want to engage in a relationship with them. The better your relationship is with your female classmates the more powerful your Star Children will become. I'm not making this stuff up. Here is a full list of character bios for each girl.

Chloe is the older sister of your new friend Chlotz, and only a year older than your character. Her abilities are so exceptional that she works as an instructor at the Academy. Chloe uses a Remote Turret to perforate her opponents.

Ellie is a first-year student who's very energetic and often cheers on those around her. Though she looks cute and young, she's very mature and perceptive. Ellie uses a magical staff called a Summoning Gun to dish out serious magic damage.

Feene is an earnest, polite third-year student. She is considered one of the strongest Disciples, and has already seen action on the front lines. Her formidable Gunblade has seen its fair share of battles as well.

Fuuko is the first female student that you'll meet. She is bright and amicable, and quick to make friends. She sees herself as a very down-to-earth kind of person. Fuuko uses her Dual Pistols in dungeons with deadly accuracy.

Narika is the vice representative of your class. She is shy and reserved, without much self-confidence, but has a good heart and is very kind to others. Her Bowgun speaks differently about her - it packs a huge punch to monsters.

Despite Serina's diminutive size, she is actually a third-year Disciple with incredible power. She has a good heart, but often tries to keep her true feelings hidden. Her Kick Gun is an incredible hybrid of fashion-forward footwear and death-dealing.

As a result of being raised in a research facility, Torri is very naïve about the outside world and usually believes anything she's told. Torri materializes a powerful gatling gun to obliterate anything in her path.

Sound fun? Check it out now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This anime-baby making game is surprisingly fun.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

My hypometer is going crazy for this game, can't wait. Thanks for the OP, OP.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

Hmm thanks for the recommendation, is there any achievements in this game like beating a hard mode?

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Hah, I was a little embarrassed DLing this, but it turned out to be a solid game! Having a lot of fun so far on my Vita. Really enjoying the "classmating" element of the game, and I can't wait to see who I can "classmate" next, ha ha. :xd:

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
is there oculus rift support

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dirigibleful posted:

Hmm thanks for the recommendation, is there any achievements in this game like beating a hard mode?
It'd be an achievement not beating this game in hard mode if you know what I'm saying. :pervert:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm am very hype for it. Gonna make a cool 2d anime baby with Feena, the cool 2d anime babe

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How is the combat and customization later in the game? I can put up with the embarrassing animeness but the dungeon and boss of the demo was way too easy (the boss literally only attacked one dude the entire time) and the combat seems like it could drag on.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
Fuuko is my favourite because she looks like Sakura Miku

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The demo did a good job of giving me a feel of what you’re about, Conception II. It could stand to have been better paced or found another way to convey what was happening with the battle system—maybe I was having a bad day, but it was a lot of information to take in.

I like the art style, and I appreciate how the characters manage to breathe on-screen. The 3D is especially something to appreciate, but I’m personally a weakling in the face of the 3D feature and can’t be bothered to have it on for long. Wake’s design is good, the Star Children are cute, and the Heroines are distinct in appearance and character. I won’t say much on the music—it’s distinct too, but it’s nothing I went crazy for.

The lore intrigues me, and I’d like to know more. I’m a sucker for all things starry and dusk-related (despite Dusk being the antagonistic force here) and would be glad to understand more behind how human desire manifests into these harmful creatures we hunt and the Circles we explore, as well as the opposing relationship between Ether and Dusk and where the other four elements play in and why, why exactly is Wake more special than other Disciples?

The lore and battle system together are pulling in my votes, but I have to reserve a little on the whole Classmating thing. I know, your name is Conception II and I’d be asking too much for you to change it or even implement a choice for the player to be female and court Heroes (and even keep the Heroines, heck), but the whole dating scene and getting dangerously close to uncomfortably intimate scenarios just isn’t my thing when I’m not specifically playing a dating sim.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Chloe is my favorite because wowza! :eyepop: haha

Is there any difference between the vita and ds versions?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Your Friend posted:

I know, your name is Conception II and I’d be asking too much for you to change it or even implement a choice for the player to be female and court Heroes (and even keep the Heroines, heck), but the whole dating scene and getting dangerously close to uncomfortably intimate scenarios just isn’t my thing when I’m not specifically playing a dating sim.

Yeah, a female protagonist would have raised my interest level.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

satanic sex ritual posted:

Chloe is my favorite because wowza! :eyepop: haha

Is there any difference between the vita and ds versions?

Apparently it was made with Vita in mind, so the 3ds is a bit inferior in places.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

gaping gape gaper posted:

Well, here we go with the sjw poo poo. Great. Nice...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gaping gape gaper posted:

Good news! There are 7 different female protagonists, and you can choose to have a baby with any of them.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

It would be pretty hosed up if they included classmatable "heroes", but locked it to the female playable character...

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Yeah some forbidden lesbian babies would make this game of the year in my book.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

They aren't real babies you see, it could work.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Enjoyed the demo, but I'll probably wait until I can find it used cheaper.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

This game is just the level of stupid I'm looking for right now. It's also if the demo is any indication really really fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
As long as the Atlus puns and jokes keep coming I don't care how weird it gets. The classmating itself is thankfully laughably tame and the dungeon crawling is serviceable for as long as the Demo lasted. Hopefully the higher difficulty dungeons and bosses add some good shakeups to the combat.

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

Wow. Just... wow. Mods?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Gonna download this one with my Vita faced down--much like I downloaded my last Vita game (Dragon's Crown).

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
Let's make some anime babies h*ck yes

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I can't tell whether I'm intrigued or horrified. This is very confusing.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Anyone have any screenshots comparing the versions? I heard the 3DS one looks really rough and they cut soundtracks and multiplayer.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This thread can't possibly be unironic.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I got to the part where they explained the classmating mechanic and then quietly just put the Vita down and went outside for the rest of the day.

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

Rei_ posted:

I got to the part where they explained the classmating mechanic and then quietly just put the Vita down and went outside for the rest of the day.

i dont think you did that thing you said you did

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I eventually came back to it but JESUS CHRIST I thought this thread was an April Fools joke or something until I actually played Peak JRPG 2014.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
The best thing about the Vita's location feature is that I can tell that someone within a 1-kilometre radius of me is playing this game in Japanese right now

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

Thuryl posted:

The best thing about the Vita's location feature is that I can tell that someone within a 1-kilometre radius of me is playing this game in Japanese right now

you should hang out with them maybe they will let you borrow it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
All I know about this game is from an article where both the developer and Atlus USA argued that this is a totally progressive game and is not in any way promoting sexism or eugenics.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
how do I turn off auto-updating and location stuff from my vita i got coworkers on my psn friend list and I got a rep to maintain

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The idle animations on everyone during dialogue scenes seems really unnatural.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Samurai Sanders posted:

All I know about this game is from an article where both the developer and Atlus USA argued that this is a totally progressive game and is not in any way promoting sexism or eugenics.

But which game is more progressive for Japan, this one, or the one where you stalk around Akihabara getting into fights with girls which just happens to also make their clothes fall off?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mercury_Storm posted:

But which game is more progressive for Japan, this one, or the one where you stalk around Akihabara getting into fights with girls which just happens to also make their clothes fall off?
They were all secret vampires though so I guess that one is more ok than this one.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mercury_Storm posted:

Hey now, that game allows you to strip dorky men and women before they either call the police or turn to vampire ashes.:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I think the most impressive thing about this game is that there was a first game, and it sold well enough to justify a sequel.

Well either that, or someone is a serious "classmating" enthusiast and wanted a sequel out. :stonk:

Seriously, what the gently caress Japan?

• Locked thread