Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Smarmy Coworker posted:

real girls they can go away i'll just jerk 2 anime

what if the girl is cosplaying as an anime tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Stairmaster posted:

what if the girl is cosplaying as an anime tho

That just makes it 10x better

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

It's been a long time but finally there's something worth playing again. Conception II has saved videogaming.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This game is part of a Nipponese conspiracy to prevent whites from breeding. Only too late did they realize that it worked on their own kind all too well...

Zite Rhums
Jul 18, 2010
I read the OP, thought this game looked awful, and quickly but calmly turned on my vita to buy it. I'm waiting for it to download expecting the worst. I know I won't be let down.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The game is actually quite good as a videogame. Mechanically it is sound, and the battles are actually kinda fun if somewhat quick. And yeah, it is actually somewhat surprising in its whole presentation of gender. In most conversations revolving food instead of encouraging becoming super skinny the characters do promote being healthy and somewhat normal.

If you can just see the crazy Japan stuff as comedy, then you'll have a blast with the game. It is a funny game if you see it as that. If you think its trying to be serious at all, then stay far away, you are clearly not the target audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The game is actually quite good as a videogame. Mechanically it is sound, and the battles are actually kinda fun if somewhat quick. And yeah, it is actually somewhat surprising in its whole presentation of gender. In most conversations revolving food instead of encouraging becoming super skinny the characters do promote being healthy and somewhat normal.

If you can just see the crazy Japan stuff as comedy, then you'll have a blast with the game. It is a funny game if you see it as that. If you think its trying to be serious at all, then stay far away, you are clearly not the target audience.
Well from what little I saw the battles do have a couple vaguely interesting mechanics, though they all seemed like a mishmash of stuff I'd seen in other games before. And the tutorials heap like three different special battle systems on you at once, which also conflict with each other. I don't think I would enjoy playing it even just to roll my eyes at the self insert bait dialogue.

As for it being a comedy, it's laid on so thick that it can't be serious, but it is so ridiculously far beyond reasonable that it feels more sociopathic than comical. I'm going to spoil the major plot that is given away at the beginning because nobody cares: the protagonist (who you name, and you choose the dialogue for, and is basically your agent as the player) is literally God's Gift to women, and everyone else for that matter. The girls in the game cannot possibly make as many star babies with any other man, and due to bullshit jargon lore they cannot physically even attempt to save the world without you by their side. They don't just fawn over you because you're the player but because you're the savior of the world by default before you even so much as learn which end of the enemy to stick the pointy end of your sword into. And because you are the only hope and your relationship with a girl increases your combat power, it is your duty to dating-sim them as much as you possibly can. It's so amazingly Mary Sue that I feel like I need to find a new level above Mary Sue to adequately describe it.

• Locked thread