Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Jade Janna
Team d10, PP 2, 3 xp, Condition: Ed6 Trauma: Pd6

She grins towards Sonja, shrugging as looks at the plan of the others. She breaks into a boisterous laugh at the Spectre's comment about madmen and women. "I like this woman. If we need a real distraction, it's going to take more than one tiny woman. And I am not quite made for sneaking around, myself. Perhaps with the redhead, given her..known factor with the forces of Kulan Gath, we can pull the guards away for long enough to set up whatever ambush you need."

Janna nods over towards the Spectre, another grin on her face. "A woman's only as mad as those around her think she is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Red Sonja: Manhaton Safe House
Team d6, PP 2, 15 xp, Condition Ok

Sonja nods. "If we are insistent on providing a distraction, count me in. Giving Gath a bloody nose would be my distinct pleasure." She smiles unkindly. "Besides, we wouldn't want it to be a suicide mission for you." She nods towards the Spectre. "And I've seen enough brawls with Janna to know she's too stubborn to die . Just like me, really."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Sir Nicholas the Fury
Team d10, 1 PP, 3 XP

"Well we've certainly formed an impressive distraction." Sir Nicholas leans over the table and strokes his chin. "The Specter is right, though. We can't make too large a target or they won't give chase. If Kl'rt leads the guards to them, the rest of us should have time to come in behind them."

He looks over to the trio of volunteers. "At that point, you lead them into a dead-end. They'll close in, thinking they've found an easy victory. Then we come in and trap them like they thought to trap you. Kl'rt revealing himself and the young miss's golem should set them into a panic, if just being cornered doesn't." He pauses, stands up from the table and blows out a puff of smoke. "Then it's just a matter of the dirty work."

2d10 Team and Combat Master, 1d8 Wartime Leader and 1d6 I've Lived Your History Books SFX bonus. Plan of Attack Asset Roll: 15 with d12 effect thanks to History Books SFX step-up. I'll spend the PP to make it permanent if it gets made.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Captain Danvers: Manhaton Safe House
Team: d10, XP: 25->10, PP: 7->6

"Force the guards to overreach and cut them off while they're out of position..." Danvers shuffles through the maps until she's satisfied. "Yes, that should work. Now, everything between the entrance and the portal will be an unknown quality. Tracy knows the secrets of Kulan Gath's defenses, but the Tower of Bęcere is Sir Reed's work. We won't have a free pass past his defenses."

"As for our destination, of this vast and starry plane that Kulan Gath has made his prison, the Kree knew much about this place in their time. I admit, I do not fully understand all that I was given, but it should be more than enough to get us where we need to go."

Officially making the Vast and Starry Plane d6 cosmic resource to use once we reach it, to represent the general Fantasy Astrophysics 101 level understanding of it that Danvers is able to teach everyone in the couple of days or so we have until the prison break.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Red Sonja: Manhaton Safe House
Team d6, PP 2, 15 xp, Condition Ok

"As good a plan as any, I suppose." Sonja agrees with the old man's take on things. "It should be said though: that if things go sour, leave those of us sent as a decoy to continue our distraction of the guards. I would estimate that you may find more valuable prisoners within the other realm than three madwomen and a shapeshifting warlord." Scathach's champion shrugs. "Besides, we'll have the champions of two deities on our side - we can't possibly be overwhelmed."

Whether or not Red Sonja believed her words or considered them in jest was uncertain, of course. "In the meanwhile, I would expect we have some time? Who would care to spar with me to keep sharp?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

MANHATON SAFEHOUSE

First things first, Reaction to the Fury: 2#1d8 8 3. 11 with a d4 effect, so the Fury creates a d12 Plan of Attack Asset which will last until the next transition scene. I'll let you know when that goes away, along with the d6 Golem Warning System resource. For now, enjoy adding those to your rolls pretty much whenever they would come into play.

Rojhaz nods as the plan comes together, and smiles to the Fury. "Well, Sir Nicholas, if your soldiers are prepared I think it best we part ways for now." He looks to the others and bows his head, saluting them as he prepares to leave. "Fare you well, Avengers." With that, Rojhaz strides to his lieutenants and disappears into a flash of brilliant white light as Magik teleports them away, preparing for their part of the distraction.

With that, the newfound companions gather together and split off into smaller groups, making their way towards the Tower of Bęcere. Through the winding streets of Manhaton, the band of adventurers have little trouble sticking to crowds and avoiding too much interest. M'Baku himself is the most difficult to disguise, but the confidence that he exudes forces the crowds around to be far more concerned with avoiding his path than with questioning his presence. The walk is uneventful until they see the Tower in the distance, shooting up to the sky as they turn a corner and look at the massive structure head on. Suddenly, there is an ear piercing sound - a horn being called off to the west. Citizens look around in a panic as guards suddenly race towards the source of the noise, and the warriors think it best to pick up their own pace in accordance with the suddenly frightened populace of Manhaton.

Off towards the horizon smoke becomes visible before long, and whispers from the passing citizenry tells the companions all they need know - Rojhaz has begun his distraction. Some peasants glow with good cheer as they hear the name of the noble barbarian captain, others seem terrified at the prospect of retribution within the capital city itself. All run from the combat zone, however, and before long the comrades find themselves within clear sight of their quarry. A band of eight guards is still stationed outside the entrance to the tower, six of them standing still while two patrol around the base to watch for anything out of the ordinary. Most troubling, however, is the older, bearded man watching the crowd amble by, his scarred features scowling as he watches the citizenry. His hands are gnarled and leathery, and in his grip is a long wooden pipe. It becomes obvious after a moment's observation that this man is surely a Morlock lieutenant here to support the garrison. Morlocks are not as easy to distract and corner as human guards due to their unnatural devotion to the Warlock King, but the warriors decide that they will have to do their utmost with a few shared glances.

After observing the human guards for a few moments it becomes quite clear what the timing of their patrol route is and the bulk of the party peels off from the crowd to flank around the back of the band of guards outside of the sight of the patrolling soldiers. Kl'rt had already pushed ahead some time ago and is visible to those who know what to look for as one of the stationary soldiers outside the main entrance, having infiltrated some time ago while the others did their best to approach without appearing to do so.

And with that, the Specter of Khonshu, Red Sonja, and Jade Janna begin their distraction, preparing to lure the soldiers off to fight.

Alright, go ahead and start your mission, folks. Please remember to post an updated character sheet with your first post so that I can keep track of milestones and abilities, thanks in advance.

Lager fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 8, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Red Sonja: The Tower
Team d6, PP 1, 16 xp, Condition Ok

Spotting the Morlock ambling by, and realizing the difficulty such a creature might cause, Sonja shrugs. "Looks as though now's the time..." she hisses and draws her blade as silently as possible. With a snort, she then dives out of the tree she had parked herself in and lands in front of the gnarled old staff wielder, grinning like a woman possessed as she points her sword at him.

"QUAKE IN TERROR, SERVANTS OF THE SORCERER!" She shouts, seeking to gather as much attention as possible. "You face the hand of Scathach, Red goddess of Vengeance! I am called Sonja, remember well my name, for it means your death!"

A bit overindulgent, she figures, but what the hell - she snarls angrily and swings her blade at the Morlock with no more pre-amble - have to make it look good, after all.

Alright, let's try and start this off right. I'm going to attack the Morlock, rolling team d6, the Chosen One d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Weapon d10, I will borrow a d6 from the doom pool with Berserk, d10 for Combat Expert, and d12 for Plan of Attack. I get a 14 with a d12 effect die and two opportunities, but I'll spend a PP to make it an 18. The d6 I stole from Berserk becomes a d8 and returns to the doom pool.

I will also take an xp for taking action to remind servants of a tyrant why they should fear me.

Let's have Janna make her entrance next.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

THE TOWER

As Sonja begins the assault, all hell breaks loose for a moment as the guards scramble to defend the gates - Kl'rt among them, playing along and adopting a defensive posture. For his part, the Morlock lets out an enraged howl and slinks down to the ground at Sonja's strike, taking a very serious wound to the chest and barely avoiding being cut in half by her powerful blow. "Guards! Protect Tower! Protect me!!!" Scrambling away behind his bodyguards, the old Morlock's hands are covered in his own blood as he struggles to pull his wooden pipe to his mouth, trying desperately to make the notes come.

Pool for him is 1d6 Team, 1d8 Wiley Morlock, 1d8 Combat Expert. Reaction to Red Sonja: 1d6 6 1d8 5 1d8 3. No way to beat your roll, but he keeps from being KOed instantly with an 11 with a d8 effect. Piper is starting off with d12 Physical Stress. I'm buying your two opportunities to add a d8 to the Doom Pool, so you get 1 PP in return. Also of note is that when you used berserk the Doom Pool was at 2d8, no d6 to borrow, so I'm bumping up a d8 to d10. Doom Pool is now 0/1/2/0/0. You tagged Janna so now we'll see what she does.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Jade Janna

Janna jumps in from the side, landing next to Piper. "And with the Red, comes the giantess herself!" Instead of throwing a punch, however, she turns and gives one of the mass of guards a slap right into their backsides. The sheer lack of care of her action, as she tries solely to grab their attention. "How does it feel to know that you couldn't catch me and my friend here even if we stood here? You're all pathetic little maggots, not even suited to be in a harem much less be given guard duty!"

She proceeds to do the same thing to another guard, before shoving him away and slowly starting to move away without a worry in the world.

Trying to create a complication of anger into the mob of guards, getting them to chase after her, especially after humiliating them. Jade Giantess d8, Team d10, Menace Master d10, Plan of Action d12.Taunting Guards: 1d8 5 2#1d10 6 2 1d12 9 15 with a d10 effect die.

Pass the action to the guards, since I want Spectre to make a grand ambush entrance.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

THE TOWER

Reaction to Janna: 7#1d8 6 6 4 3 4 2 7. 13 with a d8 effect doesn't cut it and I'm still building the doom pool so I'm not ready to spend any of those dice yet. Complication succeeds, added it to my bookkeeping post at the start of the thread.

The guards have divided their attention - half of them are protecting the injured Piper, blades drawn, hefting their fur-lined shields in front of themselves as they square off against the avatar of Scathach. The other half break off in pursuit of Janna as they jeer, threaten, and spit at her, trying to prove themselves even as they desert their post. The men standing tall against Red Sonja speak over their shoulder to Kl'rt, who has been keeping near to the door, trying to present himself as a diligent guardsman. "Remain by the door, and warn the men inside once the patrolmen come back around. We shall lead these barbarians away from the Morlock - see to him, as Kulan Gath will have our heads if one of his precious mutants dies."

With that, the guards launch a savage attack against Sonja, trying to push her towards Janna and away from Piper's panicking, convulsing form. Meanwhile, the guards surround Janna and begin their own assault, enraged by her flippancy and determined to make her pay for her insults in blood, having finally stoked their courage enough to face her. The guards attacking both women become a hurricane of steel, leather, and fur, trying to overwhelm their opponents through superior numbers if not superior skill.

Enraged Assault: 7#1d8 8 6 1 5 5 5 5 1d4 4 1d6 5. They used area attack, so 14 with a d8 effect for Jade Janna and a d8 effect for Red Sonja as well. Passing to the Specter.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Team d6, PP 0, 16 xp, Condition Ok

Sonja smirks and brings her sword up into a parrying position as the guards charge her. Not keen to be herded into a circle of blades, the She-Devil eludes the guard's grasp by a hair's whisper and laughs mockingly, blocking a few errant swings. She stays within a few step's reach of the assemblage, preparing to run.

"Pathetic! I should have more sport from a sleeping child!" She spits, hoping to keep the guard's ire firmly on her.

Ok, so let's dodge the guards! Team d6, She-Devil with a Sword d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Weapon d10, Combat Master d10, and d12 Plan of Attack. Totals a 13 with a d10, I'll spend my other PP to make it a 18 and avoid some stress.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 30, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Jade Janna

Janna begins to move backwards as they come towards her, stepping away from the attacks as they try to circle around. "Give me your best shot, and let's see if you're even worth the time." She ducks low, trying to pick up one of the charging guards onto her shoulder as she goes to taunt them some more. "I could break you all!"

Jade Giantess d8, Combat Expert d8, Team d10, Stamina d10, Plan of Attack d12 gives us: Reaction - Guards!: 2#1d8 8 1 2#1d10 8 10 1d12 12 That's a 22 with a d10 effect, which should be plenty to avoid trouble.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

THE TOWER

As the guards separate, leaving the disguised Kl'rt to guard the tower with the injured Piper, Piper finally manages to summon the strength to play his song successfully. As the notes sound, a vast shadow appears on the street around a sewer grating, the ground seeming to undulate violently as a horrendous noise rises from the cloud. Rats. A seemingly endless horde of rats rising up from the tunnels underneath the city of Manhaton. The furious rodents charge at Janna and Sonja in a single-minded fashion, seemingly compelled to action by Piper's music with no regard for their own survival. Within moments the horde of matted fur and jagged teeth is upon the two women - scratching, biting, tearing at flesh and fabric alike.

Alright, with a heavy heart I'll have to take Mr. Maltose out of the game. We'll proceed from this point without the Specter of Khonshu. Piper's going with 5d6 Horde, 1d6 Teeth, 1d10 Animal Control, 1d6 Team, 1d8 He Controls Me, I Control Them. Raaaaaaats!: 7#1d6 4 1 1 3 1 3 6 1d10 6 1d8 3. Disappointing roll. 12 with a d8 on Janna, d6 on Sonja. Whoever wants to go next can do so, I'll leave it up to you - Kl'rt, Fury, and Man-Ape expressed interest but I'll free the initiative up for first-come first-serve if it'll get the game back on track.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Team d6, PP 1, 16 xp, Condition Ok

Sonja blanches for a moment, spinning out of the way of an errant guard's blade as a swarm of rats comes cresting towards her like a wave.

It wasn't that she feared rodents, but that was a lot of them. And, well, her general armor strategy left a lot of exposed skin.

With a powerful leap, the crimson-haired avatar of vengeance grabbed a tree branch and flipped herself up onto it, hoping to keep herself free of small mammalian interlopers as she swatted them away haphazardly with her sword arm.

Ok, so let's dodge some rats. d6 Team, d4 Chain Metal "Bikini" (plus a PP), d8 Enhanced Reflexes, d10 Weapon, d8 Acrobatics Expert, d12 Plan of Attack. Totals a 15 with a d12, so no getting eaten by rodents here. Huzzah!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Jade Janna

Janna's eyes go wide at the sheer number of rats coming her way. As they start to attach and surround her, she starts to try to hit them off by the armful. She continues to step backwards, trying to draw them out even further.

Same pool as before, trying to hold her ground: Reaction - Rats!: 2#1d8 2 8 2#1d10 7 3 1d12 2: Gives us a 15 with a d12 effect, good enough for no damage.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Sir Nicholas The Fury
Team d10, 0 PP, 3 XP

Sir Nicholas turns in the crowd, looking back at the tower as Piper pipes his pipes. The flood of rats that follows seems the only effect, but the risk of him putting the pipes towards warning those inside the tower is great enough to motivate Sir Nicholas to risk deviating from the plan. Pulling out his crossbow, The Fury quickly fires a single bolt at Piper. Hopefully the people surrounding him would be enough to conceal himself in should the bolt fail to hit its mark.

1d12 Piper's Stress, 2d10 Combat Master and Team, and 3d8 Former Leader of The Shield, Enhanced Reflexes and Repeater Crossbow. Time for Piper to Pay the Piper: 20 with d10 effect. I think Piper might be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

THE TOWER

Piper is hit squarely in the chest by the bolt and stumbles backwards, coughing up blood and tissue as he drops to the ground in a lifeless heap. The rats immediately scatter back to the sewers, and the guards chasing Janna and Sonja suddenly begin to try and battle their way back to the base of the tower - seemingly realizing quite suddenly that this is a coordinated assault against the Tower, not a mere drunken rampage by two warrior women. Still, they had been overzealous in pursuing the pair of fighters, and had believed that leaving Piper in the care of one of their own would suffice as protection. After all, keeping people out of the Tower was only important to avoid scrutiny. What was inside was far, far more dangerous.

Reaction to the Fury: 7d6 23 1d10 1 1d8 1. No way to match the attack, so Piper is down and out. I'm going to say Kl'rt will be next. Hopefully Captain Hats is still following the thread!

• Locked thread