Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

Who else have gods true chariot, an E30, on the forums? I know myself, Beach Bum, Party Alarm, Moxie Alarm, aventari....

Yes, my E30 was pretty godly awesome, to me at least.

Unfortunately...

:( (click pic for the full album)

I will have another, some day. I had the full SpecE30 suspension on there, EVERYTHING worked (including the SI board!), Euro projector headlamps, poly motor/trans/suspension mounting hardware, 197k on the clock, fresh timing belt/waterpump, I had just gotten a spare rear subframe to do the adjuster welding... I had just bought the Volvo too, so the E30 was going to go into full weekend car mode. It was the last weekend before we got the house with the garage.

EDIT:

SuperDucky posted:

I finally reglassed the bumper over Christmas, just waiting for it to warm up so I can respray it with some Imola.

Pre-Facelift divingboard E30s for lyfe :c00l::respek::c00l:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Quote is not edit.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I should let you all know that my old E30 is still in the driveway as a parts car should any of you want something.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

coolmancraig posted:

Not my video but does anyone have a clue what might be causing this noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFB7AYctRVI

Only happens once the car has warmed up, around 2k rpm this raspy noise begins. I've adjusted the valves and tried a few different oils, although not a fully synthetic one...can't see how that would do it but I'm willing to try anything at this point. The car runs/drives great cold or hot, just makes an awful racket when its hot.

That sounds a hell of a lot like your power steering pump. Otherwise just normal old E30 rattle :shobon:

I miss that sound :(

• Locked thread