Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
step aside
Sep 21, 2011
Personally, a pretty funny moment was a man who angrily PMed me to stop my bigot posting, to which I asked what he was referring to, to which he said "this isn't a discussion. You need to stop."

Then I found out that he has pages of posts in the anime forum about a pedo anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
Also, imagine if the suffragettes, instead of hunger striking and standing their ground through rain and snow and police arrests, had created a hashtag and called anybody who tried to encourage them to go outside racist, classist, and ableist.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

Haha

Hulk Stewy Park
@suey_park

Still trending and waiting @StephenAtHome and @ColbertReport. Want to know how many hours #NotYourAsianSidekick trended? #CancelColbert
7:03 PM - 27 Mar 2014

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

Ungoal posted:

The internet has been progressively getting worse each year with the extreme social justice types so naturally this term will become more popular along with it. For instance in 2006; blogs, forums (including these), and social media in general didn't perpetuate perceived racism, patriarchy, misogyny, or homophobia in video games or cartoons.

There's plenty of bullshit from online feminism back in the wordpress and livejournal days, and some of the people now have 100k tweets. Same behavior, new, more public platform.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

Numerical Anxiety posted:

What the hell is kyriarchy supposed to mean anyway? As a Greek term, it's drat near a pleonasm.

imagine if the nexus of all systems of oppression formed a pyramid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
Imagine if somebody posted a video of an obese trans woman masturbating in the mirror and injecting saline in to their own testicles, and your reaction is to scream transphobia at the person who posted it

That is SJW definitely and it has happened on these very forums. hosed up.

• Locked thread