Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SickZip posted:

*there are people who are concerned for social justice and fairness in society that aren't broken and are usually good people but they tend to speak in different terminology, don't post online about it constantly, and make a distinct category that you wouldn't confuse with the kind of people we're talking about here.

This is a good post.

Berke Negri posted:

Cultural Appropriation is a Very Real Thing but the problem with SJWers is the nuance that fashion and taste are ephemeral things influenced by multiple factors. It is one thing for a white hipster girl to "play" in fake native headdress but another for clothing that incorporates Native motifs into the design. This can be lost on a lot of people who pull the appropriation card reflexively.

Oh but gently caress anyone who talks about appropriation re: whites celebrating dia de los muertos.

Cultural Appropriation is a Very Overrated Problem. Seriously, appropriating things other people have come up with and copying/changing/improving them is the main way anything good about any culture has been spread and developed.

Please don't seriously say "but you aren't native/oppressed enough to do A Thing :qq:", manbabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

it's kinda gross because they present themselves as a voice of feminism but act exactly like the worst stereotypes of women. like literally acting in the way that makes men go, "women, amirite?"

We learn: Jezebel is social_justice_warriors.txt

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Dusseldorf posted:

"Nobody cares"

- a man who just wrote a long winded rant about being interrupted while posting about Bayonetta's thong-vision in video game forum.

FAAAAAAAART

Also there is this place called D&D...

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

I see it as mainly an inter-left war. The SJWers are a product of living in an internet bubble world so you won't typically encounter them unless you enter that bubble. And the biggest social justice shitstorms I've seen have been between people who would describe themselves as leftists. So the extreme manifestations of it come across as heresy hunting. The idea being that heresy is a variance of belief that goes against established orthodoxy, rather than a rejection of the faith altogether. People who completely reject the entire social justice project--and by extension the left--don't make good targets.

Did you all see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7cwWegXCU

This is what the speaker wrote that got her the SJW treatment. I'm assuming she's a radical feminist considering the blog and that she was speaking at an anarchist conference.

http://towardfreedom.com/29-archives/activism/3455-the-politics-of-denunciation

Some choice quotes:

Now I think it's interesting there are people--who are on the left--saying this SJW thing is a form of totalitarian extremism. And if you've studied totalitarianism you'll know it's chaotic and sort of lawless by design. The idea being there's nothing set in stone, the rules are constantly changing, and everyone is policing everyone else all the time. You can be betrayed and turned in at any moment. That's a totalitarian system.

This sorta reminds me of reading about western communist groups in the 1930s, weirdly enough. It was a lot different and those were top-down organizations, for one. But this constant sniffing out of minor differences and drumming people out for byzantine ideological reasons reads exactly like how those groups operated. And the way it worked, any party member who happened to be targeted (usually for personal reasons) could be conceivably found guilty of a transgression. Like one example would be a party member who wrote propaganda leaflets being singled out and put on a show trial because being literate enough to write propaganda showed an insufficiently proletarian spirit. This wasn't even in Stalinist Russia but the CPUSA meeting halls in Chicago! Now just replace "bourgeois" with "privilege" and you get the same vibe. I need to read up on the Spanish Inquisition.

Good god, what a bunch of idiots. "Triggers" and "Safer space" and "patriarchy" are actual things but holy gently caress almost all people using these words are loving morons and dumb enough to be the leftist equivalent of sovereign citizens.

Like, if you literally collapse every time someone reminds you of a bad thing that happened, you should maybe reconsider your choice of campaigning about that particular thing. You might also man the gently caress up (or woman the gently caress up) and accept that being negatively impacted emotionally is a thing that happens if you discuss an issue that negatively impacts people emotionally and accept that "I don't like this way of thinking about the problem" doesn't automatically mean "PATRIARCHY :byodame:". We all know that every successful movement for social change ever historically was treated with kid gloves by their opponents all the way until society at large just agreed to change because oh gosh it was terrible and then everyone profusely apologised... oh wait :rolleyes:

Oh god, I just noticed I put the woman the gently caress up thing in brackets but not the man the gently caress up thing, now I'm part of the partriarchy and literally Hitler or something.

Check out this quote from the statement of the organisers to the stuff from the blog post you quoted:

idiots besmirching the name of feminism posted:

We also feel that framing the discourse around survivor’s needs as 'political disagreements' or 'political arguments' is in of itself sexist––as it pretends that this conversation should be emptied of subjective narrative, or that there is an equal playing ground in the conversation because the conversation itself isn’t about real power, or that this conversation itself isn’t already racialized and gendered. It is also problematic, in that it suggests that there is a neutral or objective rationality in this debate, rather than the possibility that the debate itself and the content of the debate is a socially contingent result of prevailing power dynamics.
All I see is empty :words: about ~subjectivity~ and ~social constructs~ strung up in a vaguely grammatically correct way devoid of meaning. It's feminist :techno:, basically.

Newsflash: if you want to move beyond an "oh god we're oppressed" "oh yes we are" "despite my horrible privilege I would like to share in your oppression and feel really bad about myself" circle jerk and, you know, actually make society less oppressive, you'll have to debate how to take the message to people not in your little group, debate how other groups' interests may be impacted or how you are percieved, and how the dirty dirty politics will play out.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Qu Appelle posted:

I have information from the other side of the 'action'/'disruption', as posted by one of the anarchists that disrupted the speech in question.

(Caveat: Ian Awesome is a friend of mine. However, I wasn't at the conference, I wasn't at the 'action', I didn't know about it until afterwards, and I'm remaining mute on the actual discussions surrounding the controversy that led up to this, because there's background info here that I haven't read/researched. However, I can bring you one of their viewpoints. Nor am I commenting on the validity of their actions.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/693277077405590/permalink/699135776819720/. This is a public post.

:psyduck: what a complete clusterfuck of a conference.

While regardless of my low opinions on anarchism it's at least consistent to criticise a speaker at an anarchist conference if you think he wanted the police rent-a-cops to show up, going on about triggering and patriarchy etc. in that context is laying it on thick while missing the forest for the trees (just come out and straight up accuse him of being authoritarian or something).

Also if his opinions are so terrible, why not just debate him into the ground for the benefit of the public/new attendees/anyone who hasn't heard of any previous take downs of his views? If you try to shut up someone you already think is an opponent of your ideals anyway at this kind of conference, you can bet their first reaction will be to shout "Help I am being oppressed" at the top of their lungs to smear the conference and the movement in the eyes of any newcomers. I guess if you don't care about things like growing your movement or real world relevance it lets you circle jerk in peace :shrug:

Encolpio posted:

The conversation under that first post is insane. Someone says, against the accusation that the conference organisers asked for a police/security presence and snitched to them, that the conference organisers didn't want that to happen and that a school representative did so instead, against the their wishes. Just for saying this she gets accused of using "abuser logic".

:cawg:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

dogcrash truther posted:

Actually, the tactics you're decrying as totalitarian have historically been extremely successful so it's not clear why social movements would want to avoid them. Unless you think Mao and Stalin failed to have "real world relevance?"

Stalin and Mao had the advantage of having a mass movement. Once you're important enough, there's no point in placating people anymore so you can just throw your weight around to silence people (did they also shout down everyone before they had reached at least a little bit of name recognition?)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I think we should invite the GBS poster AATREK CURES KIDS to this thread :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Stop using big words you elitist~

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Something that often bothers me about liberalism in general is that people often castigate themselves and one another for failing to meet what strikes me as a nigh-unattainable Platonic ideal of Social Awareness and Social Justice.

So, you get people yelling at each other for being "bad allies," or apologizing deeply for being "bad allies" themselves when they make a mistake or gaffe, or discover that they have an unconscious bias, stereotype, or inappropriate thought.

Me, I find the idea of a "bad ally" to be a contradiction in terms, because if you're really that lovely, you're not really an ally, and if you're an ally, then whatever your mistakes, flubs, or screw-ups, you're still fundamentally a friend, and that is what should count in my book.

Now imagine one of your talking points is "Republicans and neocons in particular are selfish shits; dumbasses lap up their intellectual diarrhea without thinking" and the next thing that happens is someone ostensibly on your side shouts "Yeah, also 9/11 was done by jews and vaccines are autism shots by ~big pharma~, wake up sheeple".

:frogout:

e: the problem I see is that dumb shits like that don't get booted out enough.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 15, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Supeerme posted:

I rather enjoyed the fact that Tumbler cries about evil the White Man is as they leech from other cultures but then post stuff like this:

Oh god how can these people exist :irony:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Javid posted:

I'd say that image is tumblr.jpg but it doesn't even begin to encompass just how deep and insane it goes.

tumblr: there is always more, and it is always worse.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

What the gently caress :psypop:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kuiperdolin posted:

False flag operation Wake up sheeple.

Have you ever asked yourself why water/salt/toothpaste are flouridated?
I will not allow liberals, hippies, and the goddamn eurocommie NEW WORLD ORDER to sap and impurify all my bodily fluids :byodood:

(someone unironically posted flouridation bullshit on my facebook)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Be Depressive posted:

The more plausible theory is that fluoridation started as a means of relabeling a toxic byproduct of aluminum as a product for consumption. Similar things are done with raw sewage being reused as fertilizer. It's definitely toxic at high levels but the amount in tapwater is very small. In general the USA has some of the best tapwater in the world.

"It's toxic at high concentrations" is the most pointless argument ever made.
Anything is toxic in large amounts, even table salt, ~natural vitamin supplement~ pills, or water.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 27, 2014

• Locked thread