Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's just "PC Brigade" but with a different name. People don't like being called out on their racism, sexism, etc., so they resort to calling people "Social Justice Warriors" whenever people confront them.

There are definitely ridiculous people on tumblr, but to be honest many of the more outrageous examples of SJWs are probably trolls. Either way, the backlash against them has resulted in a lot of stupid people thinking that bigotry is okay after all, and that the proper response to anyone who says to them "Whoa, that's kinda racist/sexist/homophobic/transphoboic/etc." is to go "LOL tumblr otherkin transfat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And isn't that Riley person a huge racist? There's a screenshot floating around of an old Livejournal post of theirs, where they complain about black people ruining anime or some silly poo poo.

I still think the term "social justice warrior" has been run into the ground, though.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone ever found out who or what Riley really is? Not that I want to see anyone doxxed or anything like that, but surely someone knows whether or not Riley is really a black transwoman or whatever she's claiming she is. I do know that she used to post on Livejournal about how black people were ruining anime for her, going so far as to call them the n-word and all that poo poo.

poo poo, is Riley even around anymore? I don't use tumblr.

Edited to add:

I still think this backlash against tumblr/social justice whatevers is kind of silly and dumb. I'm not convinced that the vast majority of them weren't either trolls or just silly harmless kids.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 8, 2014

• Locked thread