Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Fatkraken posted:

Annoyingly, the actual targets of the social justice campaigner or activist and the social justice warrior can often overlap significantly, and the existence of the latter has given a lot of really lovely people a great excuse to dismiss the many legitimate grievances the former have with their terrible behaviour.

I don't like the term "social justice warrior" because this is honestly the first thread where I've seen people generally stick to ripping on the obnoxious morons with tumblrs; when I hear the term in real life, it's usually coming from someone who is getting all pissy after being called out for having a lovely MRA or racist opinion. I've managed to ignore the radical tumblr crap, so my perception of "SJW" has been more like a sort of insult that people fling around when they don't want to acknowledge an argument about "why sexual assault is a problem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pycckuu posted:

By the way, to whom it may concern, I'm still waiting on those rape jokes that make people quit engineering. It's been days and I'm thirsting for some "humor."

Please stop concentrating on the stupid opinions of a known idiot, you are causing the actual important points to be drowned in a sea of bullshit. You're like a reverse-SJW. There was a grand total of like two people arguing that overt sexism/misogyny in engineering was the problem instead of deeper, systemic cultural issues.

• Locked thread