Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
There's a great example running around the net after that #cancelcolbert thing went wild. It's people so high on their moral superiority horse that they typically assume any one who doesn't think exactly like them is wrong and is totally on the side of whatever offends them.
They like to make themselves sound smart by using nonsense compound words like HeteroNormativeColoniopatriohierarchy. They love pointing out white privilege and if you disagree with them, well... :godwin:

Basically a bunch of Morality :spergin: :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

__________/
"sjwsay:

Intersectionality was coined in 1989, but did not see widespread use outside of specific social science academia (certain Womens Studies courses. Maybe) for a decade and a half.

Kyriarchy was coined by Fiorenza to sound clever and explicitly means exactly the same goddamned thing as Patriarchy, and is such a nonsense word that ONLY SJW feminists use it.

Your SJW identification with MLK jr. is a common SJW argument against people who say 'calm the gently caress down'. MLK did say beware the white moderates. He specifically also said and meant that to describe "White People who say they support you (black people) but are generally are against the disruption of the Status Quo" not "People who aren't exactly like you or share your goals but not your extreme(ly annoying) methods."

You say PYF has to really scour the blogs, but honestly it took me five minutes on twitter to fall bass-ackwards into a nest of this poo poo, because they are an echo chamber, all linked together and trying to out-justice each other, while also trying to silence anybody who disagrees with them.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

LividLiquid posted:

Triggering/being triggered is a current experience that triggers almost PTSD-like symptoms because of past experiences. This week's Stranger in Seattle told the story of a woman who is triggered by the smell of potpouri because she was raped by her father in a room with loads of it. They're not being offended. They're experiencing anxiety.

So, that's a lot of words to say Triggering = Upsetting

quote:

Because words only become commonplace through usage, and no matter what words are picked, they're going to be mocked in the pursuit of not having conversations that are uncomfortable.

No, it's like Arugula, when you deliberately choose words that most people haven't heard, you sound to most people like you're trying to minimalize them. Like you, to quote a recently famous SJW who recently did more to hurt the causes she was allying herself with than she's ever done to help, "Can't enact the labor to explain it to us."

quote:

In several ways, this could be considered the same kind of argument as "if black people would just stop calling people racists, there'd be no racism and we'd all get along!"

No, it really isn't. While some goons and MRAs might go around calling everybody who says anything about rights an SJW, Social Justice Warriors are a thing, they do, through the use of these academic words, ingratiate themselves into actual rights movements, and they are doing it not because they really care about the movements, but because they are narcissists who want to fight everybody and be better than everybody else and make everything all about how they're the best person in the world.

SJWs aren't people who point out injustice, they're the people who attack and minimalize and insult and drive away otherwise supportive people who might unwittingly use "priviledged" language.

Seriously, watch this interview, This Suey Park person is the epitome of SJW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNK-e6nnFGY

And if you don't think she just killed the whole Native Rights movement she was standing up for by focusing her echo-chamber rage machine on Stephen Colbert, I don't know what to say.

edit: read this blog from one of the leaders of the Native Rights groups she sabotaged with her SJW behavior: http://ladyhoneybea.blogspot.de/2014/03/cancelcolbert-collateral-damage-to-eonm.html?m=1

quote:

I understand the desire to laugh it all off and make one dickhead the representation of the other side's argument, but you're even thinking of SJW's as a "they," and everybody else as a "we." People who fight systemic inequality and bigotry shouldn't be given dismissive labels.

All people who "fight systemic inequality" are not created equal, which is why -as has been pointed out repeatedly throughout this thread- we distinguish between Social Justice Advocates and Social Justice Warriors

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 4, 2014

• Locked thread