Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.

Ungoal posted:

Yes, that totally must be the primary drive behind complaining about SJWs on SA—when you can still do this in GBS, FYAD, BYOB, YOSPOS & PHIZ. You learn something new everyday here.

This makes it sound like you had the freedom to do those things in GBS for a long time. When in actuality, the word "human being" was bannable in GBS from around late 2007 up until Aatrek's outing last year.

Whether it benefits GBS to allow that particular word again today is debatable, but people seem to forget just how sickeningly prevalent SJW attitudes were on these forums before the Fall of Aatrek. GBS 2.1 might actually be the best thing to happen to SA in a long time... in the same way that the Allies invading Nazi Germany was the best thing to happen to Germany in a long time.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Nethilia posted:

A lot of people assume that rap is either about drugs, bitches, cash money, or materialism without delving deeper into the history of the genre. So when a rapper with a "message" comes alone, those same people claim that rap is now "mature" and means something while other rap before it was just frivolous.

... Soooo when Afrika Bambaataa introduced rap music to inner-city street gangs in the late 1970s as a non-violent means of resolving their differences...... that was all just frivolous?

How can people be this stupid?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I've seen anti-fluoridation bumper stickers on a disturbingly frequent basis in my current city. I've also seen a couple of Facebook posts show up in my feed... I tend to treat those kinds of people with a Safari Rules policy unless they're talking about an issue that affects me directly.

• Locked thread