Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"No. 1!"

"Y-Yes, Great Leader?"

The girl with the helmet stands at attention, right arm thrust towards the sky. Her Leader speaks to her as She always does: a heavenly light from above. And cheesy villain music.

"The fated day is to arrive in a week's time! The day where we vanquish our enemies in one fell stroke!"

"Uh, during the potluck?"

"Of course! There's no other stage greater to promote the superiority of our domain! Here, within the teeming masses of humanity, under the watch of every lord and lady of the realm, we establish our superiority and unleash our secret weapon!"

"Ohhh!" Akemi jumps up, that right hand now raises up into a fist. "You, you mean, you're going to unleash..."

"Indeed! And you will be my harbinger! The ultimate weapon, one to strike awe and jealously to the rest of the world! And it's your job to prepare it!"

"Oh, my..."

"Are you ready, No. 1?"

"Well, of course I am!" It's not like she has a choi-

The light shines so bright that it nearly blinds the girl.

"No, I need to hear your your resolve! ARE YOU READY, NO. 1!?"

Oh, that serious, then? In that case... the girl presses her feet together, with a snappy salute!

"YES, GREAT LEADER! I WILL PREPARE OUR SECRET WEAPON! AND PERSONALLY DELIVER THEIR END RIGHT INTO THEIR TABLE!"

"THEN GO FORTH! BRING ABOUT THE GLORY OF YOUR GREAT LEADER!"

And the young girl with the helmet rushes out!

"ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Smash cut.

A dirty kitchen. A steaming pan. Shrimp, octopus bits, flour, and vegetables at the counter. Egg batter spread out everywhere like living goop. The smell of fried everything fills the air.

And Akemi. She's donning her whole combat suit, helmet and all, mixing the hell out of that batter.

"Ta-ta-takoyaki... ta-ta-takoyaki..."

She still has rolled up octupus balls frying at the pan that she occasionally flips around.

"Nothing else is fit to for the Great Leader~"

A few batches of fried balls are already filling up her cute little tupperware containers.

"Ta-ta-takoyaki... ta-ta-takoyaki... gonna make the best you've seen in this house~"

She has to prepare a whole bunch of them for everyone to eat in the potluck. This is going to take a while.

quote:

Akemi

High Concept: Totally A Toku Hero
Trouble: Paying Rent With Punches

Aspect: I Fight For... Justice
Aspect: The Rider War
Aspect: Part Of The Great Leader's Script

Approaches
Careful: +1
Clever: +1
Flashy: +3
Forceful: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts

Ally of Justice: As long as acts on the authority of a hero, Akemi adds a +2 to any Flashy attempt. Dark forces always conspire to thwart her though, so she also creates a situation aspect against her for each use of this stunt. "Hen... shin!"
The Path of Flowers: Akemi can spend a Fate Point to dramatically leap into any scene (or zone in a conflict), no matter how far it is. "Toh!"
SFX: Akemi's world is a painfully low-budget TV show, which she can assert into other parts of the house if she wills it. When she succeeds with style in any Flashy action, she can create a situation aspect instead of a boost that represents some part of reality changing to her own vision. She can turn bullets into squibs, leap as far as wire fu allows, punch someone so hard they teleport into an easier-to-film rock quarry...

Refresh: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Akemi

Her superhero instinct flaring, Akemi ninja leaps away from the pan and strikes a pose on top of the kitchen countertop. Dirty dishes clatter and fall off the counter as she lands.

"I should have known you'd be lurking around here!" She points fiercely at the creature. "I don't have time for you, the Leader is counting on me to finish this task! Why don't you chill out and put yourself on ice, you overgrown snack?"

Flashily laying down some SICK COUNTERBURNS for an advantage: --// +3 = 1.
lol

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Akemi

Flashy burger defense: /-+/ +3 = 3. I'll let Tako monster leave Raw Meat Bits on Akemi as a Boost and it's totally gross.

Akemi braces against the Takoyaki attack, swinging her arms around in a dramatic hard block against the meaty kick. A lot of shrimp and octopus bits splatter from the impact and internally she wonders how awful this looks on her outfit.

She looks over to all the takoyaki balls still unfried.

"Actually, do we need to do this today? I'm kinda busy here." She throws a swift jab at the monster. "You know how the Great Leader is like when someone holds up her evil master plans."

Quick counter attack: +/-- +2 = 1, let's invoke my new aspect to make it 3.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Akemi

"Ahhhhhhhh!"

Akemi immediately swoops in to scoop the food off the floor. It looks like a mess by the time she gets them all back on the tupperware.

Maybe no one will notice.

Er, she seals the doughy stuff in before it goes crazy again. Now, what else does she need to cook?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Can give it another go.

• Locked thread