Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
This is a legit great game. I wouldn't completely agree that the clues are ALL in the game (there one very specific thing you have to do I just can't see a single hint for, but that's way in the future so talk about it then, and it's only one thing) but it is very well designed, just not in a very friendly way.

Also I was already listening to the music when I saw this thread. It's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Uh, let's try a more manual translation. Caveat emptor: Japanese not very good, etc, so I only translated part of it and... well, you know. Anyway: "The kodama rat is a cryptid passed down among hunting communities in Kitaakita-gun, Akita. It's an animal that, as its name suggests [TN: "kodama" means "little ball"], resembles a house mouse or dormouse, giving the impression of a dormouse rolled up in a ball in the middle of hibernation. It does not appear to pose any danger to humans. When it encounters a person in the mountains, it suddenly freezes and then inflates, then explodes with a gunshot-like noise, scattering its flesh and internal organs around. Those hunting communities consider the creature's incredible behavior a warning from angered mountain gods, and immediately cease their hunt upon encountering it."

So basically all those exploding rats are the ruin's way of saying :frogout:

And Lemeza just runs past them.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Caltrops are pretty good for Bahamut. When he does the dive over your head, instead of turning around to hit him with the axe, you can walk away and drop caltrops behind you so they hit his head. Slower, but safer.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Neruz posted:

Aaaaagh kill the goddamn two headed fire breathing sphinx thing drat you people tormenting me like this! *heavy breathing*

They can't. It's immune to all damage.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

It took me about three days to finally kill Viy.

I can knock him out much more reliably now, but I haaaaate that guy.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Surprised you didn't mention that a lot of people get stuck because they don't realise the girders in the Tower of the Goddess are actually climbable ladders. Or was that just me?

Also you missed two of my favourite things in the Endless Corridor Scan the Sun & Thou art a fool.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

I really hate the secret passage you need to take after beheading Asura with a chakram. It's incredibly easy to miss since another passage has opened up at that exact same moment, and there's nothing that hints that it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Hey Agent, if you want to see everything you should go check out Dad's laptop before you kill Tiamat. Not sure if you're remembering that, and it's easily missable.

• Locked thread