Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

TAM wouldn't shut up about how great Ludwig was as their head coach and it bled through to Mike and Joe.

What does a coach's athletic accomplishments have to do with his quality as a coach? Tell me how being athletically gifted helps someone teach technique and strategy.

You're not very good at reading as I said exactly that in one of the few sentences in what you quoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ariza posted:

You're not very good at reading as I said exactly that in one of the few sentences in what you quoted.

If you aren't basing Ludwig's value as a coach on his performance in fights why did you say "Ludwig was never that great in the UFC. I know that's not necessarily that important as to how he performed as a coach..." at all? At least own up to your retarded reasoning when it gets called out.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I, Keven, will also drink Keith Jardines cave coffee. By the name of my father, Keven, I swear this.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Keith Jardines Mean Bean Machine

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the bottom fell out of the pretending to drink Xyience ENergy Drink industry, so now fighters are turning to more extremely made up drinks such as Keith Jardine Presents: Tait Fletcher's Coffee With Butter In It

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

over the past couple years, people have come out of the woodwork with new and exciting ways to make coffee real expensive and gross, and the entire MMA community is in on it thanks to Bro Science. these are truly exciting times to be a fan of idiots.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

freud mayweather posted:

over the past couple years, people have come out of the woodwork with new and exciting ways to make coffee real expensive and gross, and the entire MMA community is in on it thanks to Bro Science. these are truly exciting times to be a fan of idiots.

I'm sure people on these very forums would purchase at great cost coffee beans that have passed through Mark Coleman's digestive tract.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's cheaper ways to get coffee liqueur

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Dean of Bean

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The B League thread should be renamed this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had some fresh coconut and butter from the hippie grocery store so I made some coffee.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gregor Samsa posted:

Dean of Bean

lol

i for one am putting whatever keith jardine recommends right in my mouth

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Gregor Samsa posted:

Dean of Bean

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

freud mayweather posted:

It's because of all of the mycotoxins, man. We've all been slowly poisoned by our coffee and that's why it's sometimes hard to get up in the morning and why we sometimes can't think of the words we're searching for. It's fungal toxins rotting our brains. 420!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I've been putting cream in my coffee for a long time so I guess butter is obvious the next step.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

whoa

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ariza posted:

It's because of all of the mycotoxins, man. We've all been slowly poisoned by our coffee and that's why it's sometimes hard to get up in the morning and why we sometimes can't think of the words we're searching for. It's fungal toxins rotting our brains. 420!

Do you sometimes feel ubiquitously bad?

Let me tell you why every single thing you eat is wrong...

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ironic given Deadspin/Gawker did a hell of a lot to help kill journalism.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

The UFC used to be way better

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

If someone was going to die in professional MMA, it would've been in Pride with all the head stomps, soccer kicks to faces, and other brutally hilarious poo poo they allowed, not in the sanitized "please sanction us New York" UFC. MMA is a brutal sport that averages 0 deaths a year, while boxing is a brutal sport that averages 10. I'm not surprised that Gawker failed to mention that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Trast posted:

Ironic given Deadspin/Gawker did a hell of a lot to help kill journalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bub16wGAIk8&t=0m3s

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

UFC In New Zealand? :getin:

http://themmacorner.com/2014/04/03/ufc-targeting-new-zealand-event-in-june-or-july/

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i think eventually someone will get killed when everyones bodies are ruined by peds but peds are making them stronger than ever at the same time and there will be a headkick where the victims head explodes like a straw doll

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
and the swirling debris will briefly spell out "vitor" before dissipating into the arena lights

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tekne posted:

If someone was going to die in professional MMA, it would've been in Pride with all the head stomps, soccer kicks to faces, and other brutally hilarious poo poo they allowed, not in the sanitized "please sanction us New York" UFC. MMA is a brutal sport that averages 0 deaths a year, while boxing is a brutal sport that averages 10. I'm not surprised that Gawker failed to mention that.

You might want to actually read the article, nothing in it is controversial. Half of this forum wanted the Moraes fight stopped or his coach to throw the towel.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Tekne posted:

Just this month there have been two MMA deaths.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tekne posted:

Sanitized for NY UFC meaning, the same rules they've been sanctioned under for 13 years?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

A death in the UFC is inevitable. It is a punch where people sustain constant and brutal trauma.

It needn't even be over some crazy KO or a late stoppage. People just die in these things, usually in the hospital a short time after the fight. Internal organs get ruptured, a blood vein in the brain bursts, something just breaks. If Dana is smart, he has a press release already drafted, about how there will be an investigation and review and all that stuff. In the end you can change the rules all you want, but deaths will happen regardless.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

vainman posted:

You might want to actually read the article, nothing in it is controversial. Half of this forum wanted the Moraes fight stopped or his coach to throw the towel.
I didn't see that fight, but I have seen Herb Dean allow men to get beaten within an inch of their lives and other fine work by his peers. Changing that would be a welcome improvement. I just read the article and shouldn't have dismissed it offhand due to the source.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Just this month there have been two MMA deaths.
I've had MMA fatigue the last couple months and wasn't aware of the deaths. Any changes made for additional fighter safety is a good thing. My post was made under the misconception that it was just a MMA hit piece, but the actual content is spot on in regards to current flaws with the sport.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

i've got the ingredients for Jardine's awful coffee, if i try it i will let you guys know how bad it makes me throw up

from the effect he described it just sounds like someone spiked his coffee with crushed up ampthetamines though

"Cave man coffee" is the new bullshit term for what's been around for about 5 years now, the original one I believe was "bulletproof coffee". You take about a shot of MCT oil, add about a tablespoon of butter (doesn't matter if it's grass fed) and mix it with your coffee. Easiest in a blender or even in a press.

People cream their jeans over it but it actually does work. It's not some massive wave of euphoria or sense of well being. You just feel like you do after you've had a couple of energy drinks. Big lift in energy, the caffeine and MCT oil helps with a bit of serotonin. Helps if you're hungover or tired to get you back to level or a little above.

I drink it most mondays and tuesdays because they're lovely days and or if I'm hungover it's better for me than a pre-workout mix you can buy for the gym (I lift at 6am most days). It's not some miracle cure all for a being depressed or a lazy gently caress but it's better than normal coffee, I usually just chuck the oil and butter in the microwave while a shot of espresso spits out, mix it all together and drink it with a splash of milk.

Just don't put a lot of MCT oil in or you'll be pissing out your rear end about 20 minutes later.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Gregor Samsa posted:

Dean of Bean

I thought of this at the top of the page, I'm glad you beat me to the punch, or the face sprawl as it were.

Dean of Beans: Janky City Roast with Butter

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Tekne posted:

I've had MMA fatigue the last couple months

BlindSite posted:

"Cave man coffee"

excellent timing, the Dean of Bean has a solution for your fatigue issues, friend

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Dean of Bean Coffee: A brew that hits like a rock.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Never, ever gently caress with Bruce Buffer

(Sage advice to Frank Trigg)

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Amanda Nunes is stepping in to fight Sarah Kaufman on the TUF Nations finale. Good fight.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Yuriy posted:

Never, ever gently caress with Bruce Buffer

(Sage advice to Frank Trigg)

what the gently caress is hanging off bruce buffers belt next to his keys

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bulging Nipples posted:

The lighter. That's what you get for trying to take his job, Joe Martinez. Stay away from Dana White.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Tekne posted:

There is no science showing that pride rules are more dangerous than the current unified rules. In fact the round structure (10 mins then 5 mins) probably made it safer.

Also, as several other folks have said; several people have died in MMA. All due to brain injuries as far as I know.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Gregor Samsa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfur3NxUDh8 In which this technique is on full display against a one-armed Ramon Dekkers

To be fair, we're talking about Ramon Dekkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

Bulging Nipples posted:

Looks like some kind of self defense key chain attachment, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiremet-Titanium-Ti-Kubotan-Kubaton-Pocket-Keychain-Keyring-Self-Defense-Stick-/261198887019

So yeah, don't gently caress with Buffer.

• Locked thread