Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

Naomi Aoshima - Saito's Pachinko Parlor

"I recognize that it's important." Naomi suppressed a bolt of anger. Still, she wasn't going to return to her small size yet--not with that Kenichi bastard talking like he did. She doubted he could carry the whole pachinko parlor on his back, so what the hell did he bring to the party? "I have experience in the field of document alteration, for one, and games of chance to separate fools from their money. What's more, I have the astonishing ability to show respect for the people I work with by not calling them things like 'monster.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Kenichi Saito

"Miss Aoshima, frankly, how did you expect people to react?"

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

"That's a fair question... honestly, I wasn't sure," Naomi said. "People here can be so difficult to read sometimes."

PythagoreanCup
Jul 31, 2013

Widely regarded as a bad move.

Noboru looks up from his phone, as the woman, the fighter, Naomi, walked, an arrogant walk. What skills will she show us, hm? He glances back down at his phone again, there must be something of use here. Back up, she walks like a martial artist, perhaps an elaborate display of kicks and punches? There's no weapon hidden on her as far as he could tell, good, attempting to demonstrate a skill with firearms in a room this small would no doubt deafen everyone inside. Back down-nothing yet, useless, useless, useless, wait...no, that's not what he was looking for either.

And then the unbelievable happens. She grows and grows and just keeps growing. His eyes go wide, he clenches his jaw. This is a trick, this has to be a trick. THIS CAN NOT EXIST. He scans the room in futility. There are ways to fake this with technology...but none would fit in this room. Sleight of hand, some sort of magician's trick? Implausible. What is this? What is she? What kind of secrets is Minobe keeping? His grip grew so tight he almost burst his rosary and cracked the screen of his phone. How did he not know of this, how does no one knows of this? The clothes...they're growing larger to fit her...where did she get them? Who made them? There are so many questions.

The world buzzes around Noboru as he tries to force the new reality of things into shape.

People continue to speak. Noboru blinks. There are corrections that need to be made. So, he clears his throat, straightens his tie, and projects his voice.

"Hold your tongue, Elder Saito has unknowingly taken great risk by harboring you. He has done more for you than you seem to know, you claim you can show respect-prove it. Did you not think showing us what you have would not provoke strong emotions in others?" Noboru chides, next her he is almost like a child, but his voice does not waver. "Of course you are the center of attention, of course he said what he said. You are an anomaly. Were anyone to discover you, discover what you can do, the government would take you and anyone close to you and they would want to ask very unpleasant questions." His heart beats heavy in his chest. "With your skills we could have use of you yes, but if you are ever discovered we will have more to worry about than the Inagawa".

One titan down, now for another.

"Brother Ichiro, while you may have known members of the Inagawa who have been reputable and worthy they are not our own people. The Inagawa will come for us. They will make demands of us, demands we cannot comply with. We will have our justification. All in good time Brother, all in good time."

Noboru exhales. His heart is throbbing harder now, it feels like it is going to burst. One of the unpleasant parts of the job, but order had to be restored and clarifications needed to be made.

"Now, as I was saying. In order to defend ourselves we must know what the enemy plans, if we can anticipate their assault and weather whatever force they've gathered with their funding we can survive the duration of the week. I am sure you are all capable of extracting information, let us discuss the specifics."

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
"Of course Noboru, I apologise for speaking out of turn like that." Ichiro says and begins contemplating wether he knows of any weapons or drug dealers who supply the Inagawas.

Streetwise 11

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

The supposed leader of the meeting finishes writing himself a memo. It's likely that Minobe's failure here in not reporting Miss Aoshima's rather startling ability will – if they ever find out about it – bring the ire of the Yamada family, so Katashi notes that they will need to either find a way to appease them or a way to keep information about her from them.

“Minobe,” he says, levelling a hard look at the man. “If in the future you gain knowledge of any persons like Miss Aoshima or any events of a similar... strange nature, you will bring that information to myself or Saito-san. As I am not your superior, I will not demand yubitsume for this failure, but be forewarned that if you fail in this again, my attempts at propriety will fail and there will be consequences. Am I understood?”[1]

A little heavy-handed – probably too heavy-handed – but if Minobe can't stand it, he was never in the right life to begin with.

Looking away from the disappointment in human form that is Minobe without waiting for a response, Katashi's view scans across Naomi, Saito, and the others.

“Hopefully with Noboru's chiding you have all decided to dispense with your squabbling, and we can get to work.” He pauses for their affirmation. “Good. We are at an advantage here. The Inagawa do not know that we know about their plans. We can use this to our advantage, but we still need more details.”

A glance at Noboru busy at his phone, and Katashi continues.

“Noboru, I can see, is already working on intercepting Inagawa communications.” Explaining for the others, he says, “Phone calls, emails. He can get to them.”

Next, to the giant lady.

“Naomi, you say you can alter documents? Anything you can forge that would slow Inagawa soldiers down, confuse them, or waste their time, I want. Court summonses, overdue electricity bills, notes from their parents – whatever you can manage. Taka can do the same, and he'll be able to get you into an Inagawa office or two and from there you can do more damage. Even just stealing their mail would be a success for us.”

Moving on, “Saito, I have something different in mind for you. While I don't doubt you have many debtors you could pressure information from, I want you to liaise with the Patriotic Society. They're former Inagawa affiliates, and there are factions within the Society that want to back to the old way of things. Your goal is two-fold: keep those tensions from rising up and get any information you can. I suspect liberal application of sake will help in both respects, as will the charms of a certain actress.” Katashi nods to Melissa. “Play to their sense of importance, and they'll want to tell you everything.”

Finally, turning back to Minobe, Katashi lays out his final idea.

“I even have something for you to do, Minobe, if you have the spine for it. Some of you might be familiar with a film from a few years ago called Outrage. One of the better yakuza films. It has a scene that's given me an idea. Takeshi Kitano's gang sends one of their own, a meek-looking man, to their rival's club where he lets the rival gang scam him. He runs up a massive debt and can't pay, so he takes their leader back to his office where he says he has a safe full of money. Inside the office, there's a stack of cash and the rest of the gang. We'll be doing roughly the same thing, although there'll be less money and more... well, I don't need to get too graphic. Ichiro and some of my men will join me for that, but you, Minobe, get to play the biggest part. You get to be the bait.”

[1] Intimidation 12

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

"The wrong letter in the right spot can make an eternity of difference," Naomi said with a smile. Forgery wasn't anything new to her--back in Tamakikyo she'd done it now and then even once she'd been settled, on those occasions when some lowlife needed a proper adjustment. "An artist like me carries many different brushes, and in my experience... I can fall quite beneath attention when I must. I've found people tend not to look for people like me."

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

Taka nodded, his instruction received. He didn't like the way the Soga men were treating cousin Minobe, but he had gotten this far by himself, so Minobe could probably handle it. Taka would look for an opportunity to chat with him later and perhaps get a drink.

For now however, Taka would dedicate himself to finding good targets to hit with Naomi-san.

"Naomi-san, lets talk after the meeting and decide a course of action."

BuBuBear fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2014 around 03:09

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
"Count yourself lucky, mister Minobe." Ichiro says as he runs his left hand through his hair in a way that shows of his own partially missing pinky.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Kenichi Saito

"Yet again, Mr. Soga proves himself to be well-organized."

He smiled.

"Shall we go as ourselves, or should we forge a cover identity?"

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

"Oh no, a cover shouldn't be needed. All you need to do is make sure they have a good time and get them to like you, and let them just tell you what we want to know. In fact, you'd probably be better off hiring out a bar for the night and getting them all drunk."

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Saito's Pachinko Parlor, the Manager's Office

When Katashi dresses Minobe down for not passing information up the chain of command properly, the pit boss takes it stoically, only once wiping the sweat from his forehead when the topic of yubitsume is mentioned. As soon as Katashi was done speaking, he hops to his feet to bow deeply and apologize profusely. The repeated babble of "I apologize for my mistake, Mr. Soga" fills the air- until Katashi starts speaking again to the others. Apparently satisfied at not being paid further attention to, Minobe takes his seat again.

He waits while Katashi gives assignments to the others. When the Soga son comes back to him, he voices no objections, though he does ask, "Am I to bring them to this establishment, or to another location?"

Ichiro searches his memory, and finds he recalls a couple of drug dealers who were pushing club drugs in Inagawa territory. Mr. Kahaya, who was working the Parallels Club selling amphetamines mostly, and Sanjuro Tsuda from the bar near Ebisu Station. Tsuda implied he has a line on harder drugs the last time you saw him. Weapons dealers specifically associated with the Inagawa are harder- weapon dealers tend to be more cautious and discerning about their clients.

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

"A location without any prior connection to any of us would be best. Renting an office for a week or two should be sufficient."

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Kenichi Saito

"I don't suppose this office is going to be in Tokyo, given the absurd rent. At least we won't attract attention in whatever backwater we lure 'em to."

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

"Costs are not a limiting factor here," Katashi says.

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
"I do not know if this is useful, but I know of a couple of club drug dealers who are operating out of Inagawa territory, at least one of whom is dealing in the hard stuff."

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

It wasn't long after receiving his instructions that Taka stumbled on a problem...perhaps Katashi san had overlooked this or perhaps he'd had a better grasp of the situation than Taka did.
It was better he find out now than later.

Taka looks at Katashi and speaks "Excuse me, Soga san. Wouldn't sending forged letters and the like tip our hand to the Inagawa? Nowadays such things as a troubling letter from parents or a bill can be checked with a phone call or online with little difficulty and whomever we send a message to could verify it within a day. If we use this method on enough people to slow down their operations significantly they may even connect the dots without spending the time.

Taka's brow creases in thought as he tries to figure out a way to communicate the idea that was forming in his mind as he spoke.

"Perhaps if we were to use the forged documents, one of the more serious ones that have to be seen to personally, to pull out one or two key members we wish to disable; perhaps the target you wish to, ahh, speak to could be led out with a message about his vehicle being impounded or similar, coupled with one of us actually taking his car, and ambushing him on the way to pick it up or at a site of our choosing?"

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

"I'll leave the specifics of your task to your discretion, but we don't have a lot of manpower."

Katashi rubs in thought at the stubble on his jaw.

"That does sound like a good idea, though. Just in case an opportunity arises, I'll have some of my men come with you."

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

Taka bows slightly in response and leans back into his seat.
He'd have to bring up the finer details with Naomi-san later, and they might not even end up using this method, but at the very least they had some extra manpower to make use of.

He gave an ear to the conversation in case more related to him came up, but he shifted the majority of his focus to thinking about which of the Inagawa officials he knew would be more crucial to a mobilization against the Soga, and what methods would be most effective to isolate them.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

With the fact of her talent settled for now, Naomi took a breath and let the meeting wash over her. She'd never been one for this sort of deep planning or talking through this and that around expensive tables--that was for the executives, the corporate heads, the men in the great towers that pushed and pulled the Empire in a dozen directions at once, to every point of the compass and some new ones they invented on the spur. With enough time and cigarettes to steady her hand, she was confident she could forge whatever documents the Inagawa needed to be fooled by.

For now, she had nothing to add to the plans, and was content to watch them be spun until she could add her voice, her hands.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Kenichi Saito

"Well then, that seems settled," Saito said. "Minobe, another round for the table. No surprises, preferably."

He smiled.

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanake
"Make mine a Rye, if you have any american." Control yourself Ichiro, these men may be the key to getting back in Boss Soga's good graces Ichiro thinks to himself.

Will 12 to suppress desire to binge drink

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melissa Mayfield
"A Yoohoo, in a dirty glass," Melissa deadpans, glad to see that they are getting in the swing of things by moving forward.

"Actually, the Yoohoo without the Dirty Glass.

PythagoreanCup
Jul 31, 2013

Noboru Soga

Brother Katashi unleashes his wrath upon Minobe and Noboru feels a pang of sympathy for the man. His is not an enviable position and yet...this is all too strange. Far too strange. The world is not supposed to work like this, women just growing like that and then shrinking back down like nothing ever happened. Noboru needs something to calm down.

"Tea, black with milk and lemon."

No drinking for him, not tonight. He needs to sharp, honed, but not wired. No, definitely not wired. It's hard enough getting to sleep as it is.

Noboru stops looking inward.

"Taka Jō, you will find I am more than capable of falsifying electronic records to match whatever physical documents you alter-within reason, I would advise against attempting to convince them they are receiving presidential summons for instance." he smiles jovially. "And you would be remiss if you did not utilize the talents of Miss Mayfield, I am quite sure she can play a convincing government employee over the phone. A disposable number attached to the document should suffice. Stealing a vehicle is so very messy, within means, but messy."

He looks back down at his phone.

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

Taka raises his eyebrows in surprise as Noboru-san speaks so easily of manipulating electronic records. His skill lies in the physical, not the digital and computers are still something he's not quite comfortable with.

Taka nods his head thoughtfully as Noboru finishes speaking "Yes, this ability opens up many more options for us. I look forward to seeing what Mayfield-san can do"

The possibilities were opening up now and they would have many different angles to approach this from...though time remained an issue, a limiting factor in what they could do.

"Gin Tonic for me, please"

It wouldn't do to get drunk but he could afford a single drink to calm his nerves.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

"I will have a--" Naomi paused for a moment. Four months had been enough to smooth the differences between her Japanese and the locals' tilted version into a mere accent, but there was still so much that eluded her. What the hell was it called, that stuff made from earthapples? "--vodka, if you have any."

It was sharp, at least. It would do.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Saito's Pachinko Parlor, the Manager's Office

Minobe gets up after everyone’s placed their orders. Saito didn’t own his own bar, per se, but there was one in the same building which often served gamblers and salarymen alike. Minobe and Saito were both known there.

Noboru glances back at his smartphone and swipes through the results of his search. He’s got some moderately up-to-date data on the Inagawa, but they’ve always been better than most of the other organizations at information security. There’s a definite firewall between the higher-ups and the lower ranks. Still, there’s room for slip-ups, and the lieutenant who Noboru had bugged to begin with, Yukinaga Yasujiro, had gotten another message telling him who to work with. It arrived literally moments ago when Noboru was delivering his lecture.

The content of the message was pretty brief, just a reminder to coordinate with Mr. Hotate and Mr. Wakai. But the two names were part of another e-mail that was intercepted and recorded a little earlier, a mass message about a cherry blossom viewing that some of the Inagawa members and their families plan to take part in this week. Whoever sent that e-mail added a number of addresses by hand, and put them in the carbon copy field, instead of the blind carbon copy field. Most of the addresses had no cross entries in the database, which meant they were new data- not new addresses, but addresses previously unknown to Noboru.

Some of the addresses had family names incorporated into them, making picking out specific relations of Inagawa gangsters easier. Unkei Hotate seems a likely bet for the Mr. Hotate mentioned in the reminder. It’s trivial to hunt down physical address information on his parents, and his interest in fine teacups could be exploited with public information alone probably.

The other likely name is Sanjuro Wakai. His wife seems to be the center of his home life, and by all appearances he spoils her. His parents and brothers in Hida could be a potential vector for social manipulation as well.

All three men have connections that could be used according to the general plans, and specifics about them that could be exploited more carefully.

By this time Minobe’s returned with the drinks on a platter. He apologizes briefly to Melissa, stating that the bar didn’t have the exact drink she wanted, but that they did have chocolate milk.

Tanaka finds himself nursing his drink, being careful to make it stretch out instead of risking getting a quick buzz.

For the sake of keeping things rolling, please assume that only Minobe's out of the loop about the discovered information. All the information in the dossier files are things Noboru could answer questions about while Minobe was off getting the drinks.

John_A_Tallon fucked around with this message at Apr 29, 2014 around 02:58

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
"I think the main question now is which of these men we go after first." Ichiro says and takes a sip off his drink.

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

"I don't see why we can't go for all three at once, or at least two. We have the manpower and I feel it would be better to catch all our targets before the Inagawa can grow wise to what we are doing."

Taka pulls the unlit cigarette from his mouth and takes a sip of his drink, enjoying the sharpness.

"Hotate-san we could pull out and secure with Mayfield-san, Naomi-san and myself by plying his love for teacups, Soga-san,"he says nodding slightly in Noboru's direction "has said that he could provide support for our ruse. We can locate the homes of Wakai san and Yasujiro san with some well placed bribes and threats and capture or otherwise incapacitate the other two."

"In the case of Wakai-san we could even use his Gym as bait to draw him out. "

PythagoreanCup
Jul 31, 2013

Noboru Soga

Steam wafts gently out of Noboru's cup as he brings it level to his nose and inhales. Wonderful. He takes a measured sip, savoring the tea for a moment before returning it to the plate. Minobe used real tea leaves, a fresh slice of lemon, and a brand of honey Noboru had only seen before in Katashi's bountiful home pantry. Quite the service. Brother Katashi always brings the best out of people.

Noboru chuckles, it's an inclusive laugh, as if he was sharing a ribald joke. "You are quite ambitious, aren't you Taka Jō? Well, the context of our intelligence is that Mr. Yasujiro was just informed he will be working with Mr. Hotate and Mr. Wakai. This means they will have to meet and discuss their plans, much like what we are doing right now. If we are to 'grab' them before such a time we must grab all three, if we do not the rest will know and we will be revealed. On the other hand if we allow them to meet unimpeded they will tell their us plans without us having to lift a finger. I will produce listening devices, all I need is one of you to bug the location or if necessary bug one of their personages. Once they separate with their assignments in hand it will be simple to take them. Should they be so foolish as to trade reports back through email or phone I will be able to spoon feed them false information." This is one of the fun parts of the job. The cerebral chase, exploiting flaws, manipulating your opponent, and the thrill when you finally have them right where you want them.

"Careful eyes must be placed on the cherry blossom viewing. A man is no more dangerous than when he is protecting his family, there will be security." he says, thinking of Katashi "And yet, there is much to be gained, I acquired multiple Inagawa addresses from sloppily put together mass emails. Here we have the opportunity to complete the list. We can send men to do this, if any of you wish to assist them you may."

He pauses thoughtfully before finishing. "Do keep in mind that the Inagawa could be applying the very same tricks and pressures against us as we do them. Exercise caution. Do not send information through insecure lines. We will not contact any of you asking you to meet us in a dark and secluded alley way in the middle of the night. Be wary, you may be followed, if you are followed do not go home, do not visit family, do not come here. Quietly find a way to reach one of us or shake the pursuer."

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga

Katashi takes a cigarette case from his jacket pocket and lights the cigarette he takes from it. While the others are enjoying their drinks, he soothes his nerves. He puffs away silently while Noboru wraps things up.

"We only have a few days to work with here, so I'd like to get things rolling as quickly as possible. You've all been given your tasks to perform, but are there any further questions?"

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
"I can only say I do not like waiting passively and allowing our enemies to plot. But I will follow any orders you see fit to give me." Ichiro says, directly addressing his two Soga superiors.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Saito’s Pachinko Parlor

With no questions forthcoming, the strange little meeting draws to a close. Minobe takes the empty glasses and scurries off with them, presumably to return them to the bar. The women and Taka take advantage of the implicit dismissal and take their leave as well, leaving just the dedicated Yakuza members in the office with their drinks.

Katashi and Noboru have their own apartment they’re renting specifically for their Tokyo operation, and Noboru’s car is parked outside. Saito has his own place as well, which he shares with his sister. She’s probably wide awake, she doesn’t maintain normal hours at all.

Ichiro has a nice little house in the residential district of Tokyo. His wife knows he’s out on business, and thus won’t be too concerned if he’s out very late.

The world’s wide open at this point, just say what you want to do or who you’re going to call. If you’re going to do something like spend the night with a soldering iron and a workbench full of electronics, remember to list the skill.

Outside Saito’s Pachinko Parlor

Taka, Naomi, and Melissa all make their way through the pit floor, the jingling cacophony of Pachinko machines being played by gamblers preventing any sort of discrete communication until they’re well away from the office. The night life of the city confronts them in the lobby of the building with people hurrying by to conduct errands, or to try to sell things, or find a restaurant, or simply enjoy the sights and sounds of the street.

Taka’s equipment for doing forgery is all at his tattoo parlor- or more specifically, in the living space over the parlor. As long as he keeps up with his lease, he’s got more than enough space to be able to afford to keep one of his rooms dedicated to being a workshop. It’s a quick train ride away.

Naomi’s got a tiny room of her own in a small but well kept apartment in Kabukicho, the entertainment district of Tokyo. Her housemate, Miss Mimasuya, is the lease holder of record for the apartment. She’s an older lady who owns a flower shop, and was willing to let a room out to someone Mr. Minobe vouched for. It’s within walking distance.

Melissa has her own single bedroom apartment on the edge of Kabukicho. It’s not a luxurious place, but it serves all the requirements she had: quiet neighbors, enough space for her and her things, and a reasonably secure building. It’s also within walking distance.

There are numerous cafes, bars, clubs, and restaurants around. Going to one is a simple matter. Getting a reasonable amount of privacy in a booth or table in the back is a matter of being polite and ordering a meal.

The Inagawa building is in the Minato district of Tokyo, in an office building directly across from the Ritz-Carlton hotel. It’s no secret that the Inagawa are the primary tenants of the building, since they openly advertise as Inagawa Industries. Taka’s had no occasion to go into the building itself, though he has been treated to lunch at the Ritz-Carlton’s restaurant before by clients who were very happy with their tattoos.

If you’ve got questions for me, or you’re not sure what you want your character to do, or what they can do, hit me up in IRC or in the ooc thread.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

Naomi Aoshima - Outside Saito's Pachinko Parlor

Naomi filled her lungs as she steps outside. The air tasted clearer out here--hardly an exaggeration, it was cleaner than any city she'd ever visited in Japan or Aoteara. Too, it calmed her heart. Such meetings only reminded her of how delicate a balance her life here was. There were too many things she didn't know, too many things that could trip her up. She would have to see about addressing that.

"Taka, let's talk," she said. "My talents only go as far as whatever tools are at hand. I'd like to establish just what's within reach, if you wouldn't mind."

Ekkerates
Sep 26, 2013

Ichiro Tanaka
As Ichiro, Katashi and Noboru stroll over to to the Soga's car, Ichiro asks them both. "I don't like working with that giant-woman, but I can see how she has her uses. You know my uses, tailing, property acquisition, forceful persuasion, ending people's stories. So, is there any service I can help you with tonight? Maybe getting some info out of those two Inagawa dealers I mentioned, Kahaya and Tsuda? Some footwork for a hit, maybe?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melissa Mayfield

"I hope you don't mean that literally, you know," Melissa snorts at Naomi, still unsure what to make of her. "I need to be honest with you, whatever you did in there, um, go us I guess?"

The middle-age woman shrugs her shoulders, depressed to be spending her time in such a miserable place so far from home. "We do what we need to do for our team. Anyway, if you don't need me, I'm crashing for the night unless you want to talk about the plan or have an awkward conversation regarding a bunch of foreigners."

"Soooo..."

BuBuBear
May 9, 2009

Taka Jō

As soon as he steps outside, Taka reaches into his inner pocket, pulls out a cigarette and lights it. He tunes out the incessant noise of the pachinko parlor that more or less accompanied them for the past hour, even in Saito's closed office and exhales in relief.
Big things were happening, and he'd thrown in his lot with the Soga for now, time to see if it would pay off.

He turns to Naomi as she calls his name, and listens to the banter between the two women he'd be working with for the near future.

"You mentioned skill in handling documentation, I have some equipment for that at my home, just a quick train ride away. If you'd like we can go there and begin working."

Taka glances at his watch, still plenty of time left till midnight, they could get some good work done.

"Mayfield-san, if you wish to rest tonight and join us tomorrow I understand. However if you are up for it we could refine our method together while Naomi-san and I work on the papers. You will need time to practice what you are to say I'm sure"

Everyone needs practice right?
Taka exhales and taps a bit of ash off with a practiced motion.

"Well, The Inagawa building is also close, right across from the Ritz. We could do some overnight observation if you wish."

Seven-and-ten
Jul 31, 2013

Addition is hard

Katashi Soga - Saito's Parlour

Katashi groans internally at Tanaka's melodrama.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm," he says, "but you'd be better served by getting a good night's sleep. You're not going to get a lot of rest this week. I'll call you in the morning with your instructions."

Seven-and-ten fucked around with this message at May 21, 2014 around 10:49

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Kenichi Saito

Saito kept to himself as he wrote down the minutes in a barely comprehensible shorthand. He wasn't exactly the sort to sit around and plan.

As the meeting left, he downed the remainder of his coffee and pulled the tiny pachinko game out of his pocket.

Gambling (pachinko)-15: 3d6 11

A decent round.

---

He arrived home with several questions on his mind. But the first part was making sure everything was safe.

"Sis, you happen to know anything about internet proxies?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

The Saito Residence

Keiko's sneakers are stashed neatly to one side of the mud room when Kenichi arrives home. He pulls his wingtips off and enters, passing a half-empty pizza carton on the coffee table, and a television that's been left tuned to a late-night anime channel. Padding his way down the hall to his half-sister's room, Kenichi can see she's left most of the lights on in the house.

When he arrives at the door to her bedroom he notes that she's dressed in the same pair of sweats she wore yesterday and is browsing the web, reading some message board by the looks of it. She probably hasn't left the house all day. He asks his question without preamble. She doesn't bother looking up from her computer as she asks, "Isn't that one of those things that Wikileaks use?"

• Locked thread