Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This will be hilarious forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

eric young won the title

After winning another match to open the show and heroically battling an arm injury

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LanceBurrito posted:

How many similarities are there between this and Bryan's win? 5? 7?

If you count the overarching storyline, let's go down the list:

-Paper champion backed by rear end in a top hat authority figure
-Bearded underdog is in a tag team with a masked monster turned comedy guy turned masked monster again turned corporate stooge for the first time ever and incredibly randomly and suddenly
-Both guys were at times comedy geeks and no one ever thought they'd win the big one for most of their careers
-Both guys are short, small, bearded, and beloved (though no loving way EY is that over even with TNA fans)
-Both guys wrestled two matches in one night to win the title
-Both guys worked through arm injuries in winning the title

So yeah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

You guys are making GBS threads me, right? They really didn't do this. There's no way. I'm gonna watch it later to see, but I really hope you're all just messing with me.

They did and that list I typed is both 100% accurate and frankly probably not comprehensive.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

Posted this over on another website to show just how much of a ripoff this is.

Still things that TNA fans believe

Hahahahahaha I love you for actually making my work not be totally pointless.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

That's my biggest problem with this besides just how Daniel Bryan esque it comes off. Have him win them build up to Sacrifice with Magnus running down EY all the way for being a joke and EY overcoming him and Abyss at the PPV.

Yeah, if they did it that way it wouldn't even have bothered me as much, even though it probably would've been an even bigger ripoff. Then it would've at least felt like a semi-coherent and logical storyline rather than hotshot bullshit to capitalize on the ACTUAL white hot heat of Bryan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TNA.jpg

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

You're going to love next week then!

Angelina Love wrestles...even though she got concussed Saturday at an indie show. No way she was cleared 5 days after a concussion, but TNA. And Angle comes back 3 weeks after major surgery talking about how the only way he stops wrestling is if he's carried out in a stretcher or body bag.

You're making GBS threads me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

Eric Young, former knockouts champ is world champ? Hahaahahahahaha

Hey hey hey. Get your facts right, WWE mark.

That's Knockouts TAG champ, thank you. :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

bring back Crimson

Oh my God it's perfect.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

Robbie E is another person who signed a multi-year extension with TNA.

Oh man! James Storm, Gunner, and one half of the BroMans? Batten down the hatches, there's a war a-comin'!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Kurt Angle's marriage.

Deadpool posted:

Now who's got the stroke?

MassRafTer posted:

Probably Kurt Angle in a year or two.

Good LORD you guys.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

Prior to the GIF, ECW alumni ran in and got into a huge brawl with TNA people. When it finally broke up, Dixie came out and said "I INVITED THEM", causing the greatest Al Snow reaction ever

The best part is Snow was one of the ECW guys and was beating the poo poo out of TNA dudes and is even in kayfabe a TNA agent and STILL didn't know.

Also TNA's recaps have always been that bad, because I remember posting about them some time back. Also that ref gif is KILLING ME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

TNAMecca is going down with the ship which is assuring:
https://twitter.com/AnishParajuli6/status/461380248882278401

I love it. I love it so much. :allears:

• Locked thread